PDA

View Full Version : Texas to Born Free?

theMurf
01-15-2014, 8:28 AM
Planning to be at Born Free this year and want to ride there. Dallas - LA.
Anyone else up for this?

Just putting some feelers out.

SledKicker
01-22-2014, 7:23 AM
I've been thinkin about it. I'm from the OKC area and Dallas is just 2-3 hours south.

theMurf
01-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Awesome! There's a group of us going out there, but no one else wants to ride it with me. I just know I'll regret it if I don't sack up and do it.

My friends will be in a truck and trailer a few hours (depends on when I/we head out) so there's a safety net of sorts.
I was thinking if I leave Thursday about 12 then that puts me in Hell Paso about 8 or 9 and the desert will be nicer to ride at night.

I'm getting more excited about this... the "getting out of Texas" part of it is the only portion I'm not looking forward to.

904Punk
01-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Kirk and chopper jesus and those guys are most likely riding there from Dallas. I was wanting to go this year but something else came up that will probably eat my vacation time up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scuzzy
01-26-2014, 2:24 AM
Im in el paso my self man and im "planning on going" hopefully if nothing major comes up ill be heading out. Im getting my shit together as we speak. Just need some new tires and im pretty much good to go. its 11 hours ish from el paso to oak. hitting the 10 that would put us through Tuscon and Phoenix as well as Indio CA.

Im more than down to ride with you man im also thinking about hitting up the coast while im out there. if you guys are up for the same.

theMurf
01-27-2014, 9:58 AM
Im in el paso my self man and im "planning on going" hopefully if nothing major comes up ill be heading out. Im getting my shit together as we speak. Just need some new tires and im pretty much good to go. its 11 hours ish from el paso to oak. hitting the 10 that would put us through Tuscon and Phoenix as well as Indio CA.

Im more than down to ride with you man im also thinking about hitting up the coast while im out there. if you guys are up for the same.

Exactly! I'm planning to leave Thursday June 27th by 8am which would put me in El Paso early evening... then keep going till we hit the beach. Going to get a room in Orange which is close to BF6 so we can shower and chase truck has a place to park.

I'll have a truck about an hour or two behind so we'll have a safety net if anything gets squirrely.

Boo
03-26-2014, 1:28 PM
Houstonian in El paso here, got hurt so im spending my "medical leave" here with family down here, planning on going too! Got a few tools to my disposal here (compressor, bike jack, grinders n misc hand tools) yall need some repairs before we head out we can see what can be done, anyone heading to giddy up this weekend?

Boo
03-26-2014, 1:31 PM

Got some boys from san diego who im meeting up with to ride the 101 you in?

Nosebleed
03-27-2014, 1:04 PM
I'm in Austin. Not going to make it to BF but you might jump on the Austin/Central Texas thread and pitch it there. A few guys I know are planning to go but I don't know their plans. Last year they had a group of 4-5 dudes ride with a chase truck and trailer.

DollaBill
03-27-2014, 1:25 PM
I was planning the trip, but backed out because of some recent personal issues. But I told myself that if I was feeling it by the end of this month I'll go ahead and do it.

I'm an hour North of Dallas and have family in El Paso so that would be the way I'd be going as well. I may end up staying a day in EP both ways but I might be able to join up with y'all at some point.

shawnlw
03-27-2014, 7:36 PM
Im in Houston, have never been but would love to go. Im ridin solo, but I would luv to ride up to Dallas and head out with a group there and back....