PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma riders advice. The road to Just Kickers

Gunsix
01-05-2014, 9:10 PM
Hey fellas, some friends and I plan on going to just kickers. The trip is from Wichita ks area to the Davis ok area. I plotted it on Mapquest and most of it is on hwy 77. Through Newkirk, ponca city, stillwater, then onto the 177 pretty much the rest of the way. My question, would be how are the roads, where is best to fuel up and eat etc, any places to avoid? If anyone wants to join us they are welcome. But any information would be appreciated!

DistinctCustoms
01-06-2014, 8:29 AM
Can't comment on those roads north of Shawnee, but south of Shawnee they are good roads. There is a great Mexican food place and fuel stop as soon as u get into Shawnee. Plenty of fuel stops along the way. If u guys ride rigids parts of 35 suck so those side rides are much better. Glad some KS folks are coming. Its a great time.

Gunsix
01-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the info! The only one on a rigid is me so it should be alright. There's a few other Kansas ccer's that may come also. Its still a ways off so I'm sure every one is still in the air on it though.

Peace is a lie

Nimrod
01-08-2014, 12:54 PM
177 from Newkirk all the way is good, except for some parts around Asher. They are replacing the old shitty bridge south of Asher, so it might be better. Dont stop in Asher, their level of inbreeding is infectous. Bunch of incestuous pigs they are. Good places to eat along the way.

And the emergency room in Sulphur is like brand new. AshleyWade can give you more details on it, he was there more than I was. I'm sure the Billy Goats will have a room reserved, and will share it if you find yourself in need of some medical attention.

O'Doyle rules!

Gunsix
01-08-2014, 3:18 PM
Holy Fuck. now I want to go even more just so I can hear some of the stories behind that comment. Lol. Gas up before asher though. Got it.

Peace is a lie

Nimrod
01-08-2014, 4:15 PM
Fuck yes you want to go. Tons of beer, bikes, and very few women.

http://vimeo.com/68040500

Gunsix
01-08-2014, 4:58 PM
Ok. Everyone bring your slutty sisters, loose friends and post OP tranny's!!!

Peace is a lie

904Punk
01-09-2014, 6:23 AM
Fuck yes you want to go. Tons of beer, bikes, and very few women.

http://vimeo.com/68040500

Nimrod, were you hanging out with us? I wasn't even aware I knew you in real life, I'm not always good at remembering both real names and CC names at these things though...

Nimrod
01-09-2014, 8:36 AM
Nimrod, were you hanging out with us? I wasn't even aware I knew you in real life, I'm not always good at remembering both real names and CC names at these things though...

I'm sure we met or something down there. I posted that video because it one of my favorites that I have seen from last year. We have a couple that we did, but I cant find them on my computer.

Gunsix
01-09-2014, 9:42 AM
does Oklahoma have any helmet laws?

Peace is a lie

Nimrod
01-10-2014, 12:18 AM
No helmet required in Oklahoma. A gun, well, we hold on tight to our guns and God. Kansas concealed gun permits are valid here.

Gunsix
01-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Ok cool, just making sure.

Peace is a lie

DistinctCustoms
01-23-2014, 12:36 AM
O'Doyle Rules! I'm not running folks to the emergency room this yr! I have enuff stories for the next 2yrs after my 2 trips last yr! I nominate Grant.....

hlguthery
01-24-2014, 7:36 AM
Im almost positive O'Doyle will not be attending. But hey Ive been wrong about that one before.

Nimrod
01-24-2014, 4:10 PM
Yeah, he came by the house last week and said he was sitting this year out. I asked why, he just kinda smiled.

He has a new bike he needs to show off, he can't miss it! Besides, who will defend my honor if I get ripped off again?

ampzz
01-24-2014, 7:39 PM
O'Doyle Rules! I'm not running folks to the emergency room this yr! I have enuff stories for the next 2yrs after my 2 trips last yr! I nominate Grant.....

Good plan.

DistinctCustoms
01-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Harley - if O'Doyle doesn't attend who's gonna curl up with u on the convertible tent? I have used the term convertible tent for a tarp so many times this last yr. O'Doyle needs to bring the new rig just take it slow and easy.

hlguthery
01-27-2014, 1:22 PM
Yeah the convertible tent was really an ingenious invention. I am actually still carrying it in my truck just in case i need it again.

Nope I am pretty sure O'Doyle is out. Dad and I may try to head down but just for the day or something.

ampzz
01-27-2014, 9:35 PM
I felt short changed by only being there for Saturday this last year so this time I'm taking Thursday-Sunday off. Several days of camping sounds pretty good to me right about now.

FatKat
02-01-2014, 6:01 PM
Asher is a speed trap watch your speed through there

Gunsix
02-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Witheverything I've heard in thus thread about Asher, I just may go around it!

Peace is a lie

DistinctCustoms
02-02-2014, 8:07 PM
Camping Thursday thru Sunday sounds grand. If we get caught up at the office before then, then I shall roll.

FatKat
02-02-2014, 9:37 PM
Witheverything I've heard in thus thread about Asher, I just may go around it!

Peace is a lie

I'm only 20 miles from Asher and I avoid it as much as I can .. Between the cops and the bridge construction it sucks

Gunsix
02-11-2014, 7:10 AM
Im so pumped for this trip man, I cant wait! If you guys get your hands on some shine-I want some!

Gunsix
02-11-2014, 5:15 PM
Any of you guys on Instagram?

Peace is a lie

ampzz
02-11-2014, 9:37 PM
Find me when you get there. I can show you the way..

chopemall
02-12-2014, 12:43 AM
I live in stillwater and I was planning on mobbing down 177 to sulphur and hanging a right. I've never been to sulphur, but I want to buy a souvenir to show I have been in the shittiest named town ever second only to carney(don't worry you'll get to go there too). I hope I can find a T-shirt that says "Everything fucking stinks in sulphur, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt". I got a few buddies planning on heading down too. There's a diner here that is cheap as it is seedy called shortcakes just in case the stomach won't shut the fuck up. I got a few tools and a decent welder just in case somebody blows some shit up nearby.

Gunsix
02-12-2014, 4:12 PM
Ampzz, I will get you're number before I leave so we can find each other when we get there. And chopemall, I'm sure at least one of the days we are there I'm going to want to ride so if there's any cool places you know of we can ride and check em out.

Peace is a lie

Gunsix
04-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Alright fellas-Just kickers is this weekend and even though my shovel decided it didnt want to go, I got a buddy that is loaning me a Kawi cruiser so I can still go on 2 wheels. I let all the Kansas Chopcult know when we are leaving but I wanted to fill you guys in. Me, my brother, and our riding bro are leaving wednesday at noon to 2 to head down that way. If any of you guys want to hang out or got anything cool planned we are down for whatever short of scenes from Deliverance, and hanging with Zed in Pulp Fiction. My number is 620-757-9732, feel free to contact me Ampzz! As for the rest of you guys. When you see us, feel free to say whats up. I look just like my profile picture. My brother looks like a skinny Captain Morgan and our riding bro is a chubby jolly lad that looks confused and amused.