PDA

View Full Version : Looking for place to wrench in DC

csp0420
01-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Live in DC. Ride everyday when the bike works. Over the past year I've taken my whole sporty apart and put it back together on the street since I live in a house with no garage. Every month or so I need to do something to it, and need a proper place, or at least a place I can put up a lift. Anyone know anyplace in DC or interested in trying to put something together? Ideally in DC proper.

gruntasaurus
07-20-2014, 9:48 AM
did you ever find a place? I'm in dc too. We have a little garage in NE by union market

Sunkensouls
07-31-2014, 8:32 PM
Checkout the meetup group greasynuts. They do a wrench day at least once a month at a big garage. Tools, lifts, etc.

JMLewis87
08-02-2014, 1:16 PM
On another note dude if you're ever looking for a roommate or something hit me up, I'm trying to get the hell out of MD and move closer to work.

krb
08-14-2014, 12:22 AM
Checkout the meetup group greasynuts. They do a wrench day at least once a month at a big garage. Tools, lifts, etc.

Wrench Day is the 4th Saturday of the month at a warehouse space I'm leasing in Manassas. There's a m/c lift, a m/c jack, enough room inside and enough basic tools to have 2 or 3 bikes getting wrenched on at a time, some power tools (sawzall, drill press, angle grinder, etc.) and a fridge with beer, soft drinks and water. Not a professional shop by any stretch but it beats the shit out of working in an apartment parking lot or on the side of the road. The cost to attend is to help each other out and give a small contribution (beer money or a six pack) to help keep the fridge from getting empty.