PDA

View Full Version : Best clutch lever set up?

workingclass
03-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Ok cultists, of those of you using 1" bars on your XS what have you found to be the best/easiest clutch perch/lever combo. I'm getting to the finishing touches on my build and need some good advice.

WOMPY
03-30-2010, 10:36 PM
What type of lever are you using for the brake? Do you want them to match? You can kill two birds... by using some used sport bike levers, and bore them out to 1".

workingclass
03-30-2010, 10:44 PM
What type of lever are you using for the brake? Do you want them to match? You can kill two birds... by using some used sport bike levers, and bore them out to 1".
No front brake, just a clutch.

WOMPY
03-30-2010, 11:00 PM
It's a matter of matching the cable barrel to a lever that will work, or modifying the barrel as in the greatest hits thread shows.

TemeculaTerry
03-31-2010, 8:58 AM
Those dirt bike levers at moto stores that cost roughly $20.00 work great and are adaptable plug and plays.
Just knock the sleeve out and presto, One inch set up. If you can find one that has the removable sleeve, which I dont know why you couldnt just grind the inside down a bit with a dremmel, works fine.
The XS uses a standard Japanese style barrel, so most aftermarket Japanese MX stuff works well.