PDA

View Full Version : Roanoke/Bedford VA area????

Ramzilla
12-02-2013, 2:53 PM
I know a few of you guys are from the area. So who all is around and what you into?

I ride an evo daily to work but have a kickstart ironhead hard tail as my toy.(still a work in progress)

Wolfchop
12-03-2013, 9:32 PM
was thinking of re-locating down to roanoke how is it down there?

Ramzilla
12-05-2013, 12:44 PM
was thinking of re-locating down to roanoke how is it down there?

Well from the lack of replies I guess I'm about the only one who likes choppers here.

I love the area and the mountains but I was born and raised in the mountains here so I may be biased. Where are you at now?

Wolfchop
12-05-2013, 5:02 PM
Well from the lack of replies I guess I'm about the only one who likes choppers here.

I love the area and the mountains but I was born and raised in the mountains here so I may be biased. Where are you at now?

im located in longisland ny

Ramzilla
12-05-2013, 6:02 PM
Not sure if you'd like it or not then. All depends on if you like the city life or not I guess. I hunt, fish and basically do all the redneck shit so I'm in heaven where I'm at.

butcherchop2
12-06-2013, 9:17 PM
Hey we got a shop bout an hour south of you near danville got another bud up your way he's
@bigscott666 on instagram look him up he's good people
& if you need engine or custom work or just wanna come by & hang check us out at www.butcherchop.blogspot.com

Wolfchop
12-07-2013, 7:28 PM
Not sure if you'd like it or not then. All depends on if you like the city life or not I guess. I hunt, fish and basically do all the redneck shit so I'm in heaven where I'm at.

to be honest i hate the city and the whole culture of foreign douchebags with self entitlement. id like to live in the back woods. im sick of the urban life

Ramzilla
12-08-2013, 5:04 PM
Hey we got a shop bout an hour south of you near danville got another bud up your way he's
@bigscott666 on instagram look him up he's good people
& if you need engine or custom work or just wanna come by & hang check us out at www.butcherchop.blogspot.com

I knew you guys were there from the D day memorial ride( that I didn't get to make due to work) I need to get down sometime and check you guys out and hang.

Ramzilla
12-08-2013, 5:07 PM
to be honest i hate the city and the whole culture of foreign douchebags with self entitlement. id like to live in the back woods. im sick of the urban life

Hell yeah I hear ya. Come on down man. I always have beer and shine ready. :cheersmate:

Wolfchop
12-09-2013, 6:26 AM
Hell yeah I hear ya. Come on down man. I always have beer and shine ready. :cheersmate:

Cool...I plan on visiting sometime next year. Ill keep you in mind

TwoLaneFever
12-09-2013, 7:15 AM
if you into the country way of life,, you got a few options here ,,,craig ,new castle,.floyd ,,,franklin county over the hills so we got a few hillbilly havens around, work is in the city ,,few indie shops and a h/d dealership in town also ,,,,and large number of riders here mostly hog ownwers,,but it is what it is ,,,

Ramzilla
12-09-2013, 8:00 AM
Yeah and down my way in Bedford/Stewartsville area is Hillbilly country as well as Buchanan where I grew up. Not dueling banjo kind of stuff like New Castle but mostly good ol boys.

TwoLaneFever
12-09-2013, 8:54 AM
Yeah and down my way in Bedford/Stewartsville area is Hillbilly country as well as Buchanan where I grew up. Not dueling banjo kind of stuff like New Castle but mostly good ol boys.

forgot buchannan,,lived there off route 43,near james river...actualy the whole areas pretty cool if you know your way round ,,dueling banjoes?they do that to keep the undesirables in town ,,,,few m/c clubs around one major m/c ,1%,,,couple startups around,,good place , gotta know some folks here, helps ,,,indie shops are iron sports /the shop salem.few others around also few shops closed up (chilie dogs out (route 757 ,sterwartsville to moneta shortcut from 24)also windy gap cycles one shop in trout ville (h/d indie)so bike parts for h/ds,, they are around in masses,,,and hwc over by lake is a frame guy chopper hound, fabricator,,he is on here but not much,he is out of redwood (near smith mountain lake /franklin county) also lotta trucking buisnesses here for the diesel mechs, speaking of new castle ,,saw a clean knuckle in there ,so old bikes are around too

TwoLaneFever
12-12-2013, 8:49 PM
ok guys here is what Roanoke salem area was famous for 1968 thru 1986 when the flood wiped it out,, the roller coaster would hop ,the last car on the first down hill drop .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzTiPpVVZDE

TwoLaneFever
12-12-2013, 8:57 PM
and here is a vid of the downtown of the area(,roanoke) the town is a crossroads where many different routes for trains and cars merg here, lot of busineses here ,lot of construction work, south in blacks burg by Va tech ,blue ridge parkway to east and south of the city , is smith mtn lake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LEEwx4kijU

TwoLaneFever
12-12-2013, 9:08 PM
Richard petty Drag raced at the old drag strip we had ,,which is long gone ,but this was 1960 s when the cars where raceing in the valley ,,,

Ramzilla
12-24-2013, 8:56 AM
forgot buchannan,,lived there off route 43,near james river...actualy the whole areas pretty cool if you know your way round ,,dueling banjoes?they do that to keep the undesirables in town ,,,,few m/c clubs around one major m/c ,1%,,,couple startups around,,good place , gotta know some folks here, helps ,,,indie shops are iron sports /the shop salem.few others around also few shops closed up (chilie dogs out (route 757 ,sterwartsville to moneta shortcut from 24)also windy gap cycles one shop in trout ville (h/d indie)so bike parts for h/ds,, they are around in masses,,,and hwc over by lake is a frame guy chopper hound, fabricator,,he is on here but not much,he is out of redwood (near smith mountain lake /franklin county) also lotta trucking buisnesses here for the diesel mechs, speaking of new castle ,,saw a clean knuckle in there ,so old bikes are around too

Yeah I grew up in Arcadia and my folks still live down by Jennings Creek. Bedrock Thunder is another pretty good shop in Bedford area.

funkstauzz
03-16-2014, 8:14 PM
[QUOTE=TwoLaneFever;563851 few m/c clubs around one major m/c ,1%,,,couple startups around,,good place , gotta know some folks here, helps [/QUOTE]

Which 1% club is up there? I know there are/were some Pagans in Pulaski.

TwoLaneFever
03-17-2014, 6:18 AM
16,s are here, black knights, a black group,about only 1% s around, not much else I can talk of here

TwoLaneFever
03-17-2014, 6:52 AM
Yeah I grew up in Arcadia and my folks still live down by Jennings Creek..

this oughta look familiar ,,, the Famous BLUE HOLE:D spent many Wasted days there hahaha

TwoLaneFever
03-18-2014, 6:06 PM
hey zilla hope you got to see the pic before site was changed don't know how, to get it to where you can see the pic,,,,,freakin midget wookies I guess

Ramzilla
03-18-2014, 8:25 PM
Can't see the pic but I was just down there trout fishing last week.

TwoLaneFever
03-19-2014, 6:45 AM
I have seen more than one person bust their ass trying to do the dive offa that top rock,,that is the #1 spot to get away from the noke.well good weather on the way soon,believe it or not, when I was 16, the ride to arcadia on my Honda 350 was the first" long ride outta town" ,,,