PDA

View Full Version : CA-DMV/Spec-Const

BGRAM
11-28-2013, 3:49 PM
So I purchased a Smokin Gun Build from private party in Illinois. The bike has 12,000 miles and was registered and has Illinois title. As fas as I know I meet the criteria for a smooth transition to register my bike in California. Any idea which DMV in So. Cal is better dealing with the process.

Grantman
11-28-2013, 9:26 PM
They are all prettty much the same. The Department of the Mentally Vacant. As you already are doing it as Special Construction, it's no big deal. They like SPCN titles, more tax revenue. You are over the mileage minimum to transfer into the state so the year don't even matter. Just makke an appointment and do it. Oh yeah, bring a big checkbook, Cali sucks the cash out of ya quick.

Allen
12-01-2013, 4:42 PM
You might want to search some of the previous threads on this matter, but I'm not going to harp on that...

Be prepared for taking your bike to the CHP for an inspection on out of state bikes being registered in CA.

Avoid the mama drama by going through a title/license service (again search function... Naked Rob did it with no hassle about a year and a half ago... so have many others)