PDA

View Full Version : '73 honda sl-350 build

CHARLIEHUSTLE
03-27-2010, 11:58 PM
SO , TURNS OUT THAT THE CB 350 I PICKED UP AWHILE BACK , IS REALLY A 73 SL-350..... NOT THAT I REALLY CARE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER , BUT I GUESS THE EXTRA TORQUE OF THE SL MODEL WILL BE NICE. AS OF TODAY , JUST A WHOLE BUNCH OF GRINDIN'. FINNALLY GOT THIS THING PICKED UP & LOADED OVER TO THE SHOP TO SEE WHAT IVE GOT.....GOOD LORD , REALLY? PRICE WAS RIGHT I GUESS.

SO HERES WHERE IM AT WITH IT:

NOT GONNA BOTHER WITH THE TIME OR PATIENCE FOR A FULL ON HARDTAIL. GONNA GO WITH A TRIUMPH WELD ON UNIT, SEEN 'EM DONE & THEY WORK FLAWLESSLY ON THESE FRAMES.... ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN PICK UP A LOW BUCK UNIT? NEW OR USED , DONT REALLY MATTER TO ME.

GONNA FINISH THE GRINDIN ON THE TOP TUBE & TANK , TO GET THAT THING DROPPED ON .

CLEAN HER UP , KEEP THOSE KNOBBY'S & RIDE THE PISS OUTTA HER

HERES A FEW PICS OF WHEN WE GOT HER TO THE SHOP TODAY.....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e126/inkspot_tat2/default%202/P1010047-1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e126/inkspot_tat2/default%202/P1010046.jpg

Vinny
03-28-2010, 2:05 PM
that frame could be so nice and clean if you did a full chop and hardtail. the bracket just behind the motor is just so big and ugly. I am all about wide open clean lines though so obvioulsy do what works for you. Hardtails are not all that easy to build(as I found out first hand)

My only question is why the peanut tank? the rest of the bike is like Japo dirt bike and the tank is like "stock" chopper. sorry not trying to be a dick I just think any number of other cool tanks would look awesome.

I am sure that it will be awesome no matter what. Dont let me dissuade you from doing what you like because at the end of the day it is your bike.

CHARLIEHUSTLE
03-28-2010, 8:32 PM
Not my first choice on the tank either , but , its a simple lesson in "run whatca' brung". All parts for this bike with the exception of the triumph tail unit are pieces that have been laying around the shop.its ultra low-buck just to get my ass back on the road , quick & cheap. As for the hardtails bein a bitch. I fully agree. Found that out myself on the first one i built. Somewhere around 10 years & 17 hardtails back. This triumph unit will be the first "kit" ive ever used.it'll be the first time im not bending my own tubing & cutting my own axle plates.

Oh , & that bracket kills me too!

Vinny
03-29-2010, 12:21 PM
nice glad you agree. I completely understand the run what you brung. I wish I had gone a little simpler on my bike too then maybe I would be on the road on this nice day instead of about to jump back in the garage.

xscorex
03-30-2010, 6:19 AM
nice so far. whats up with the shocks? what are they from? Id like to see the triumph hardtail fitment. I think kansas Kustoms as well as lowbrow sell a triumph hardtail. Not positive though