PDA

View Full Version : Gs400

possum
03-25-2010, 7:49 PM
Picked up a complete running gs400 motor for 75 bucks.. I plan to stretch a savage frame I had just laying around and stuff it in there i was just wondering if these motors are any good... do the have balls? Should i watch out for anything. I did notice there is this little nob on the back of the cylider heAd I have no clue what its does... Any way feel free to tell me what ya think or know

BillySlicks
03-26-2010, 3:28 PM
Solid little Jap twin.
Never thought much of them until a friend got one for cheap and turned it into a tracker, helped a bit along his way...
The knob on the back of the head is the self adjusting cam chain tensioner. Or if its an earlier model its your cam chain tensioner.

We had the same issue with a neglected motor. After the top end rebuild Jer, went ahead and decided to paint most of it black....worked out

alright.http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rxAlTUpEHU0/S6j3_Y4rnqI/AAAAAAAABG0/zHfsTdYAX7g/s400/IMG_2708.JPG

possum
03-26-2010, 9:36 PM
Sweet how are they on power? I plan on doing the same a little bobber / cafe racer and blacking out tye motor.. The savage frame i got for free a couple month back should be perfect for the project just need to strech the frame about four inches

BillySlicks
03-29-2010, 11:43 AM
We ended up going 1 down on the front sprocket and 4 up on the back....Solved the shitty lowend that the bike has normally