PDA

View Full Version : cloth spark plug wire

dragginit93
03-22-2010, 9:32 PM
hey guys i have a xs 650 with the pamco electronic ignition and i really wanna run the old school lookin cloth plug wires but from what tyler @ lowbrow says i cant any reason y i cant ?

VJ
03-23-2010, 5:26 PM
Two possible reasons. Wire resistance might be wrong. Or cloth wires may short through the insulation to the nearest ground. If you have coils that readily accept new wires I don't see where it can harm anything to try it.

trnrover
03-23-2010, 8:01 PM
hey guys i have a xs 650 with the pamco electronic ignition and i really wanna run the old school lookin cloth plug wires but from what tyler @ lowbrow says i cant any reason y i cant ?

Theres a to-do in the main forum about em.

rugburn
03-23-2010, 8:03 PM
the pamco is not an electronic ignition by def. its an electronic points replacement.
the trigger has changed but the system essentially remains the same. now in theory
it should work but i haven't got a chance to test it yet. i am picking up a set to dress
up a points build and when i finish my pamco powered build i will give it a shot and
let people know how it work out. but thats not for at least another month. go ahead
try it. the wires are cheap and you will use them some where els some day if it does
not work. win win, if you ask me. 25 bucks is worth an answer to me.

(i'm assuming your calling the points kit an electronic ignition as
i am unaware of any other type by pamco, just in case i'm incorrect
on my assumption ignore my advice and try it any way.)

-burn

rugburn
03-23-2010, 8:06 PM
ah the familar jj
"no direct answer but you suck for asking the question i dont have an answer for"
this is why i go to metricunderground.com for my questions.

-burn

Frankenfab
03-23-2010, 8:14 PM
I was wondering the same thing.. but was not willing to spend $25 to find out. If someone does find out please post...

rugburn
10-09-2010, 3:49 PM
sorry to reserect this old ass thread but it was left unanswered.

yes you can run lowbrow customs cloth spark plug wires with a pamco
ignition. i have them on my xs650 with no issue at all. i do use the 5K
caps the came in the big green coil kit from mikesXS, they fit on just fine.
hope this settles it. lol.

-burn