PDA

View Full Version : Western WA

elJimmyG
09-19-2013, 12:09 PM
I live in Olympia. From what I can tell there isn't any other Olympia people here, but how about Western WA in general?

quickie
10-05-2013, 6:57 PM
I'm just up the peninsula from you in Shelton.

elJimmyG
10-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Rad. I knew there had to be somebody from WA here. Anyhow, I didnt expect to many replies. I dont know if its the weather or what, but 99% of the bikes around are newer baggers. Not exactly the folks I expect to be on chopcult. Hopefully we might eventually start to see more chops around but who knows.

Fozzy
10-07-2013, 6:48 PM
Tacoma, originally from Oly.

Eastwood
10-18-2013, 8:55 AM
I'm on whidbey island with a couple of 33rs, I know there are some in Seattle, hopefully they'll chime in!

elJimmyG
10-18-2013, 5:01 PM
Cool. Maybe I should have thrown this up before the rain season hits.

ruckus2115
10-18-2013, 6:08 PM
im north of you in marysville.

eastwood...where you been? you still got the same number??

Fozzy
10-18-2013, 7:55 PM
Cool. Maybe I should have thrown this up before the rain season hits.

Rain season? That is just mother nature washing the crud off your bike for ya.

elJimmyG
10-19-2013, 10:07 AM
True, I dont mind a little rain. Im used to it. The only thing that sucks is when I-5 gets a little sketchy with the water build up and big rigs.

DJ
10-19-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm out on the central coast.

I know that Eastwood character from somewhere.:cheersmate:

Eastwood
10-20-2013, 12:20 AM
im north of you in marysville.

eastwood...where you been? you still got the same number??

Yeah still the 5507 number. I made been doing good. I was on a bit of a hiatus with school shit. How have you been bud? I see you painted the tins? I'll shoot ya a text tomorrow as long as your digits are you he same!

ironhead86
10-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Located in Seattle that DJ and Eastwood cat are strange

Eastwood
10-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Located in Seattle that DJ and Eastwood cat are strange

Can-it short stuff!:cheersmate:

FolkDevil
12-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Hey all! I am moving to Tacoma in Jan. In the Air Force, moving from Lompoc CA. Looking forward to meeting cool folks. Any advice, or suggestions for cool spots? Thanks in advance to all, Mike.

elJimmyG
12-19-2013, 4:28 PM
Im guessing you are gonna be working at Mcchord AFB? There is quit a bit to do up here, especially in Seattle. Your going to be moving up here right in the middle of the heavy rain season, but dont worry about it. Summers are gorgeous up here. Also, there is a cool car museum in Tacoma.

FolkDevil
12-22-2013, 3:02 PM
Yep McChord, rain is ok, lived in Germany for more than ten years. Really looking forward to getting up there. Thanks for the reply, will be up there from the middle of Jan. Mike

ironhead86
01-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Hey man the one is on again in portland again. Good time Feb 7-9

elJimmyG
01-09-2014, 1:59 PM
I saw that. Id like to make it down, although I may be out of town working.

FolkDevil
01-11-2014, 12:29 PM
I am headed to The One for sure. Just got into town and am looking for a house. But I am there!

TikiNW
02-13-2014, 1:14 AM
I'm not to far from olympia, I live in belfair.

elJimmyG
02-21-2014, 11:32 AM
I am headed to The One for sure. Just got into town and am looking for a house. But I am there!

How was The One. Saw a few pictures around. Bummed I couldn't go. I flew in from Texas late that Saturday night.

Dudeinahat
02-22-2014, 1:59 AM
Hey man. Im just a hop skip and a jump from ya. I live down towards Rochester. I ride around tumwater a lot. :cheersmate:

FolkDevil
02-22-2014, 1:26 PM
Sick snow, but amazing people as advertised, I am a fan & follower.

cncannone
03-12-2014, 9:05 AM
I'm in Tacoma/Fort Lewis. Almost done with my build in time for the good weather.

FolkDevil
03-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Cool! What are you building? Best of luck! Let us know when you are on the road! Mike

cncannone
03-14-2014, 10:09 AM
1997 1200 Sportster on a Paughco S120E frame. First build ever, learning a ton. Going for kind of a rat rod bobber look. As little chrome as absolutely possible, down and dirty. Tins and tanks at the powder coater now. On a side note, J&D powder coating in Tacoma is pretty sweet for anyone that's interested.

FolkDevil
03-15-2014, 1:07 AM
Awesome, looks great, and thanks for the powder coating tip!

cncannone
04-05-2014, 10:57 AM
build complete, just gotta mess with some wiring for turns and brake, but I'm working now until 9 am tomorrow. VIN inspection with state patrol monday to get it titled. Rode it around my street last night, runs and rides great. Should be on the road legally in a few days.

FolkDevil
04-06-2014, 5:56 PM
Awesome! Congrats and safe riding, drop a line when you are legal and on the road! Mike.

elJimmyG
04-15-2014, 4:05 PM
build complete, just gotta mess with some wiring for turns and brake, but I'm working now until 9 am tomorrow. VIN inspection with state patrol monday to get it titled. Rode it around my street last night, runs and rides great. Should be on the road legally in a few days.

Let me know how that inspection goes. I had a very odd experience with the whole licencing thing. I bought bike from a guy in Cali that had an after market frame (no VIN stam). The title had a VIN, and the engine number matched. I brought the title to the DOL and they saw that the model year said 0000. I guess this means special construction. I was told that I would need an inspection. When I called the state patrol to schedule the appointment I asked what sort of requirements I should be aware of. The guy had no clue. He actually asked me if turn signals were a requirements (they aren't by the way). In the end I found some website with updated laws. You have to have a front fender and two mirrors now. Easy things to add and remove I guess.

Just to see what would happen I went to a different DOL. The girl there asked me what asked me if "0000" meant 2000. Of course I said yes. Minutes later I had a title in hand. The only issue is that the title only lists the VIN which isnt on the bike. It doesn't list the engine number which is the only matching number. Could bite me in the ass eventually but I was so happy to have a title in hand I didn't really care at the moment. That being said, I may have to go to that inspection eventually.

cncannone
04-16-2014, 2:06 PM
The VIN inspection was easy enough. I showed up with the paughco MSO and the bill of sale for the motor. The officer with State Patrol initially told me I needed a bill of sale for everything; tank, forks, wheels, etc. I talked him out of that though, seemed a little ridiculous. My argument was that I could go to the dealership and buy a brand new bike, take it home, and change the tank or wheels real easy. Would I need to go back to State Patrol and run it by them then? Then he brought up how something like the tank or forks could be stolen so I pointed out that there's no serial number or anything on them so there'd be no way to check his database on it anyways. They gave me the paperwork I needed for DOL.

DOL on the otherhand was a huge PITA. Walked in with the bill of sale for the motor, state patrol paperwork, and the MSO. They said they couldn't take the MSO and that they needed a bill of sale from Paughco and that I needed to pay sales tax on the bike.... the bike that I built, not a bike that I bought. That turned into a two day ordeal with them that ended with Paughco having to fax them a bill of sale with a coversheet because I guess the one they emailed me that I printed out didn't look official enough.

WA laws say that for a build/rebuild of any motor vehicle, it needs to be fully built/rebuilt before a title can be issued. Back home in Massachusetts not only do the State Police come out to your house for the inspection instead of having to take it to them, but they'll issue a title for a bare frame. I do not understand this state sometimes.

elJimmyG
04-16-2014, 5:06 PM
The VIN inspection was easy enough. I showed up with the paughco MSO and the bill of sale for the motor. The officer with State Patrol initially told me I needed a bill of sale for everything; tank, forks, wheels, etc. I talked him out of that though, seemed a little ridiculous. My argument was that I could go to the dealership and buy a brand new bike, take it home, and change the tank or wheels real easy. Would I need to go back to State Patrol and run it by them then? Then he brought up how something like the tank or forks could be stolen so I pointed out that there's no serial number or anything on them so there'd be no way to check his database on it anyways. They gave me the paperwork I needed for DOL.

DOL on the otherhand was a huge PITA. Walked in with the bill of sale for the motor, state patrol paperwork, and the MSO. They said they couldn't take the MSO and that they needed a bill of sale from Paughco and that I needed to pay sales tax on the bike.... the bike that I built, not a bike that I bought. That turned into a two day ordeal with them that ended with Paughco having to fax them a bill of sale with a coversheet because I guess the one they emailed me that I printed out didn't look official enough.

WA laws say that for a build/rebuild of any motor vehicle, it needs to be fully built/rebuilt before a title can be issued. Back home in Massachusetts not only do the State Police come out to your house for the inspection instead of having to take it to them, but they'll issue a title for a bare frame. I do not understand this state sometimes.

Sounds about right. Maybe they just dont see a lot of custom bikes up here. Thats why I decided to go to a different DOL location to see if I could the the result I was looking for. Are you running duel mirror and a front fender? Just curious how picky they are at the state patrol

cncannone
04-16-2014, 9:19 PM
Sounds about right. Maybe they just dont see a lot of custom bikes up here. Thats why I decided to go to a different DOL location to see if I could the the result I was looking for. Are you running duel mirror and a front fender? Just curious how picky they are at the state patrol

I'm in the Army so I have mirrors, turn signals, everything. I have a front fender but literally just forgot to throw it on the day of the inspection. State Patrol didn't say anything about it until as I was about to pull away. He just said, "you might want to put a front fender on." I didn't run a front fender on the last bike I had and I rode it for almost a year up here and no one ever said anything.

elJimmyG
04-22-2014, 3:45 PM
Yeah, I haven't been running mirrors (although I'm pondering throwing one on), or front fender. Nobody has bothered me. I figure if I ever get stopped I can plead ignorance and get a "fix it" ticket at least once.

guysmiley7190
04-24-2014, 1:38 AM
centralia ring a bell??

elJimmyG
04-24-2014, 5:35 PM
centralia ring a bell??

Olympia.....so not far.

elJimmyG
05-01-2014, 4:25 PM
So, I just got a new job that I will be starting next week out in the Bellingham area. The good part is that I wont be traveling so much. So I got to thinking. What do you guys think about putting together a quick simple run for the hell of it this summer? Just like a weekend thing. Figured I would throw it out there.

FolkDevil
05-04-2014, 3:12 AM
I'm down! Busy in June, but not much else happening after that.

cncannone
05-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Definitely down. Getting married in Hawaii first week in August so between that and the Army constantly giving me the green weenie my schedule is crazy. I'll make it work though

gonzoguilt
03-15-2015, 6:18 PM
After EDR, my gf and I will be staying in Westport for a few months while getting back on our feet.

elJimmyG
03-18-2015, 6:44 PM
Definitely down. Getting married in Hawaii first week in August so between that and the Army constantly giving me the green weenie my schedule is crazy. I'll make it work though

Yeah, I think a lot of us on here are in the military, or work for the DoD so it makes scheduling tough. I work out of Bangor now, and worked out of Lewis for several years before that.

elJimmyG
03-18-2015, 6:45 PM
After EDR, my gf and I will be staying in Westport for a few months while getting back on our feet.

Westport is nice. Good place to chill for a bit. Id be excited to here about EDR. I wish I could get away for that long. Maybe someday.

Alpentolic
03-23-2015, 11:54 AM
Jimmy I'm in Oly too, Westside. There are a few of us who ride on the regular. Get in touch we're hitting it hard once the weather clears up.

ExtraBroke
04-25-2015, 12:17 AM
I'm way north in belingham

jjj123
04-26-2015, 9:46 AM
I'm up in Bellingham also

Rustedrebel09
05-05-2015, 10:30 PM
I'm in Everett, looking for some riding bros. We need to put a meet together this season for sure.

TikiNW
05-10-2015, 7:29 PM
+1 on getting a meet together, lets make this shit happen.

finmad
05-19-2015, 1:56 PM
Need some advice on a good route south. I am pulling my 78 shovel out of a buddies place in NH and heading down to DC to catch the autotrain to Florida. I am looking for some good roads south from Pelham NH. Do I hug the coast and take my scoot through the city??? fun. or go west and get some mountain roads down? I dig riding in in NY NY, I had a CB 750 and used to commute 50 miles into the city in the 90s. It might be fun to go through again. I have never headed west into Pennsylvania, so I am not sure the roads out there. Give me some ideas.

elJimmyG
05-19-2015, 9:00 PM
Hah, wrong WA brother.

TheWhiteDevil
05-21-2015, 12:10 PM
I start driving for Vancouver WA this Monday, arrive Thursday, Ill be living down there but commuting to Tacoma for my first 6 mths or so of work.

Is the weather really that shitty for riding?

elJimmyG
05-21-2015, 4:08 PM
I start driving for Vancouver WA this Monday, arrive Thursday, Ill be living down there but commuting to Tacoma for my first 6 mths or so of work.

Is the weather really that shitty for riding?

Well its not California. That being said, its a lot nicer up here than most think. Especially this time of year.

weepster1
06-02-2015, 8:47 PM
I'm in Everett also, anyone going to Born Free?

jjj123
06-02-2015, 9:30 PM
can't get the time off work. Going to dirt quake the weekend before tho anybody cruising to that?

ironhead86
06-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Jjj123 Ya I will be there with a few others. Not sure what bike. Either a chopped ironhead or evo sporty with no mirrors.

Weepster1, I am working in Everett. And would be down to go ride one of these nights.

elJimmyG
06-04-2015, 3:59 PM
Jimmy I'm in Oly too, Westside. There are a few of us who ride on the regular. Get in touch we're hitting it hard once the weather clears up.

Well, when I started this thread a long time ago I was in Oly. Had to move out to the peninsula for work. Doesnt mean we cant ride sometime though.

gonzoguilt
06-05-2015, 1:41 PM
The girl and I are packing up our crap and bikes in the van and will be driving up to Westport from Chico, Ca tonight. Can't do Born Free but we will try to make it to Dirt Quake.

apocalypsemidnight
06-06-2015, 8:40 AM
Capitol Hill, Seattle. Not a lot of bikers in my hood, but we've got some great rides around here.

elJimmyG
06-06-2015, 5:32 PM
Capitol Hill, Seattle. Not a lot of bikers in my hood, but we've got some great rides around here.

Seems like there are quit a few of us around, just a bit spread out around Western WA.

littlenickel
07-02-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm up in Bellingham. I'm working on putting together a little run for garage built chops and bobs August 1st. Just a ride around whatcom/skagit county on some of the fun roads we have. Gonna meet up at the gravel lot across from the greyhound bus station on Harris Ave. around 10:30. Hit me up if anyones down or just show up. Still planning the route but I'll post it once it's figured.

Scrambles
07-14-2015, 12:07 PM
new on here and fairly new up here on Camano Island

roryd
07-16-2015, 4:08 PM
bellingham checking in as well. seems like theres a decent amount of us up this way

TWhite260
07-31-2015, 9:35 AM
I'm over in South Hill Puyallup. I'm just waiting for my Ironhead to be wired and I'm definitely ready to ride.

gonzoguilt
08-01-2015, 12:00 AM
Anyone planning on hitting up the Cheapo ChopOff? I'm shooting to leave either after work that Friday and ride through the night or wake up ass early Saturday and jam on down. Then head back up here early-ish Sunday.

jmattsen
08-09-2015, 9:58 PM
shoreline/north seattle here. but i wont be showing my face at any meetups until i sell off my shitty cbr and get a sporty to build this winter

ironhead86
08-09-2015, 10:27 PM

A idea... throw up a pick of what you ride 99% of the time. So I know what your on when im out and about

chaleholmes
08-10-2015, 4:34 PM

Seattle, WA here and my first post

ironhead86
08-12-2015, 2:40 PM
Thats a clean scooter

JesseMcKay
08-15-2015, 12:00 PM
In ballard need help replacing fork seals on 96 xl

gonzoguilt
08-15-2015, 1:38 PM
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj501/gonzoguilt/IMG_2899_zps8rdjdqz5.jpg

kenshi1967
08-19-2015, 9:50 PM
I live in Shelton...Man, we should all do somethin'....lol

FlyingDutchMan
08-23-2015, 10:46 AM
yo JesseMcKay

You still need help with those fork seals?

also I'm down for a ride. I have tuesdays and wednesdays off.

JesseMcKay
08-23-2015, 4:28 PM
Gonna tear into that project tomorrow. Wed after 5 im down to ride.

RigidLowLife
09-03-2015, 7:31 PM
Everett here but will be down for the count till spring I suspect, hopefully my build will be ready to ride

thebcb
09-07-2015, 3:51 PM
Snohomish here. Bike is down for some much needed attention at the moment but here's the last conception followed by current progress...

RigidLowLife
09-16-2015, 10:05 PM
Anyone been on this run before?

http://oysterrun.org/

thebcb
09-17-2015, 2:38 PM
We did it last year. Foggy as a motherfucker at every "stop" along the way until we got into Anacortes.
4 bars and 6 hours later the fog started lifting.
Then it was fucking beautiful in the afternoon when we got there around 2? (that was a few drinks later and I don't have a fucking clock on my bike...)
There are some cool rides though. Took this picture from the top of Mt. Erie.
I have a few pictures from that run. A few of the pictures from the conway tavern are nsfw...oysters and booze make broads do funny shit...

thebcb
09-20-2015, 1:28 PM
If anyone wants to go to the Oyster Run, we're doing a small impromptu group ride out of our shop in Snohomish. Coffee and donuts around 8:30 kick stands up about 9:30. Anyone is welcome unless you're a prick. Please note if you are under 21 you will be spending some time sitting outside of bars...we like to party...

If you want to join us let me know or I can't guarantee you'll get a donut...

Dr. Rob's Rod & Cycle Shop
1824 Bickford Ave Suite A
Snohomish, Wa 98290

JesseMcKay
10-01-2015, 11:53 AM
I rode to anacortes the morning of the "run". It was a mini stugis rally not a run. Great place for corporate style vending and 12 cops to every block. 20 mins and I hit the road. Amazing scenery in that part of the country for sure. Oysters and overpriced shitty goods, no thanks.

thebcb
10-13-2015, 11:41 AM
I rode to anacortes the morning of the "run". It was a mini stugis rally not a run. Great place for corporate style vending and 12 cops to every block. 20 mins and I hit the road. Amazing scenery in that part of the country for sure. Oysters and overpriced shitty goods, no thanks.

Yeah, in town is usually a shit show. Only 6 of us out of our whole group went into town and I don't think we got into Anacortes until right after 4:30ish and were only there long enough to shake a couple hands and have a quick drink. I did get to see a dude turn his Can Am into an ElectraGlide while the owner was loading one of his saddle bags. That was exciting...hit some more roads out through Mt. Erie, LaConner, and then to Conway. Hung at the Conway till it was kinda late and then blasted back down I5 for steak and drinks back at Stewart's in Snohomish. Overall I had a good time again this year apart from a newbie chopping the throttle and trying to change lanes without looking first consequently running me out of my lane and almost into another car on the freeway...

weepster1
10-15-2015, 6:47 PM
64655My Shovel, always looking for chopper folks to ride around and fix broken stuff with. Everett here

FlyingDutchMan
11-21-2015, 10:41 AM
February 12-14th is the one motorcycle show I'll be riding down Saturday afternoon and staying Vancouver near a bunch of bars. If anybody is interesting in riding down hit me up.

Evo sporty here,In the shop for winter projects.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t361/Robben_Van_Winkle/6tag_281015-161443_zpsngpefyrd.jpg (http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/Robben_Van_Winkle/media/6tag_281015-161443_zpsngpefyrd.jpg.html)

4d1nash
01-08-2016, 7:58 PM
I'm from Auburn, between seattle and tacoma. Look forward to riding with some folks on here.

xMPRx
05-26-2016, 10:18 PM
I'm from Auburn, between seattle and tacoma. Look forward to riding with some folks on here.
Im up in Port Angeles if your every up this way

Stache86
05-27-2016, 12:03 AM
I'm in Tacoma

73ironbob
06-30-2016, 6:19 PM
Found myself in Seattle as of a few months ago.

xMPRx
08-07-2016, 6:46 PM
Thinking about a few day trip to Reno and back. Around the beginning of September. Anyone interested?