PDA

View Full Version : North of ATL GA-I need help!

Chewy04
08-25-2013, 5:28 PM
Im in Calhoun GA a small town about an hour north of Atlanta I could really use some help getting my bike going. Im new to the whole mechanicin thing. Would also like to ride with some locals when my bike gets done. So where are yall at?

lacylanesplitter
08-30-2013, 5:03 PM
Cherokee county., what kinda bike?

Chewy04
08-30-2013, 7:01 PM
My project is a 79 kz750 twin. I actually live in fairmount but most people have no idea where that is

lacylanesplitter
09-02-2013, 11:07 AM
i asked mighty google where that is. turns out less than an hour away. so how is the project coming? do you have a build thread? i am running a 72' xs650.

Chewy04
09-02-2013, 2:12 PM
Yes I have a build thread if that's what you wanna call it. I say that cause I don't have the carbs for it and ive never heard the bike run so to me there aint a lot of motivation. Im on a super low budget so im just trying to get it running first so until then I don't really know what to do :banghead:

lacylanesplitter
09-02-2013, 3:45 PM
Man i know what you mean, i started building mine in feb. of 09' just put a tag and insurance on it in June. Keep setting aside small amounts of cash, and buy a part at a time, trade anything you can. i think i have about 2 grand in mine after it was all said and done. riding it though, makes it worth it.

lacylanesplitter
09-02-2013, 3:45 PM
do you have a link to your build thread?

BSAshovel
09-02-2013, 4:10 PM
Man i know what you mean, i started building mine in feb. of 09' just put a tag and insurance on it in June. Keep setting aside small amounts of cash, and buy a part at a time, trade anything you can. i think i have about 2 grand in mine after it was all said and done. riding it though, makes it worth it.

a part at a time, as long as you dont change direction, you build what you want, however it will cost more than the whole bike usually. I know I have sunk alot more money into parts over last 3 years than I could find a running shovel for. I have done a few part fittings, a few small direction changes, but getting close to start doing some mockups, & getting serious about the build, & metal work.

I told my wife / friends. I refuse to settle for less than what I want, I used my tax refund 3 years ago to get back in the wind, slowly buying parts for a custom shovelhead Harley, but to have something to ride, I bought a beater Kawasaki, I found it in dead of winter, & the day I test rode it, it was sleeting, & have put 20,XXX miles on it, doing nothing but oil changes, & tires, I tell my friends even when I get my project finally built, I will keep on riding the Kaw as a back & forth to work vehicle, presently me & some friends are planning a 1200 mile round trip ride next month, & besides putting another rear tire on, & a fresh oil change, I am ready.

Chewy04
09-03-2013, 7:40 AM
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32487

Hopefully the link worked. Im not very good with computers lol. I hope to actually get something done on it soon though