PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble singing on

Nicko
03-15-2010, 2:16 PM
to get PM's? Bill, I would send you a PM on this, but I don't seem to able to sign on.....

BubbaKahuna
03-15-2010, 2:21 PM
I noticed I can login but can't find where my classifieds are without searching through the listings.
That means I can't edit them, change price or anything.
All the "My Classifieds" & other stuff I used to see are gone.

billdozer
03-15-2010, 3:38 PM
Try logging off and then going to the "Community" page here: http://www.chopcult.com/home.php log in there and you should be able to see all of "your" stuff like messages, classifieds, etc. Also, dumping "cache" on your computer once in a while helps things. No new problems that I know about on our side.

TimB1640
03-15-2010, 3:47 PM
the last time i tried to view my messages on my cell phone i couldn't sign in

mattdubs
03-15-2010, 3:49 PM
I noticed the issue when I switched to firefox 3.6. I was able to log in through internet explorer on the same computer. Before upgrading firefox I didn't have any issues.

ridemore16
03-15-2010, 4:15 PM
same here about Firefox....upgraded this am and haven't been able to see "dashboard" type stuff...

Nicko
03-15-2010, 4:47 PM
Ahhh, yep, I upgraded to 3.6 yesterday now that you mention it....bummer.

Nicko
03-15-2010, 4:54 PM
All better! Thanks for the reply dudes, and Bill! Guess you can ship this thread over the horizon.
Thanks again.

BubbaKahuna
03-15-2010, 7:41 PM
Come to think of it, I just upgraded Firefox too & that's when the trouble started. Dammit!

BubbaKahuna
03-15-2010, 7:46 PM
Just logged out & before signing in emptied my cache.
Then I signed back in using http://www.chopcult.com/home.php
Worked like a charm!

Cheers,
- JJ

xllance
03-15-2010, 7:58 PM
I'm not even gonna pretend I understand or try to figure it out on my own, I'm just gonna ask a stupid question.........What's emptying your cache mean?

BubbaKahuna
03-15-2010, 8:58 PM
Cache files are downloaded by your computer and saved for the next time you go to a website. It loads the website faster because less needs to come from the site itself. Only the newer stuff actually gets downloaded. The reason you want to clear that out once in a while is that after a while the cache gets tens of thousands of files in it. Once that happens, it takes longer for your computer to search for what it wants in there than just downloading direct from the website you're at.

You empty your cache by going to your browser's TOOLS menu and it's usually in Options or Internet Option. Depending on what browser you use will depend on where you find your cache settings from there. Usually there's a button you should look for to clear or empty the cache.

If you post what browser you're using I'm sure someone will give you a step-by-step to get there.

Cheers,
= JJ

xllance
03-15-2010, 9:28 PM
Ok, did it . Nothing blew up so I guess I'm good, thanks.