PDA

View Full Version : Discombobulated

swiffer
03-15-2010, 1:56 PM
This is a word that you may not know if you are under 50 years old.I will use it in a sentence.{I have been discombobulated since the time change}Meaning ,i can not get my brain to catch up with the hour we jumped ahead.I know this is a real word because when i went to spell it here the spell check came up with the right spelling.I have heard it before as a young man but heard it for the first time in years at the local market from an old timer again yesterday.It is the perfect word for the feeling i have had since the time change,and i suspect many others have felt the same way. There should be a Law that says ,for 48 hours no one can be blamed for being late are driving out of control after a jump ahead time change.It is like going into a time warp and landing in the future.It hit the grand baby and her friends at the baby sitters really hard the baby sitter said .They were just not in a good mood at all.I hope we all over come this soon so we can get back to a normal life.Of course i realize some of us will stay discombobulated because we were born that way.

rick667
03-16-2010, 10:32 AM
It's pretty much made me tired every morning. Nothing a few more cups of coffee can't handle. I've always been stoked on the jump ahead. More daylight hours to ride, BBQ, hang out and drink beer. I'm blind as shit at night.

TemeculaTerry
03-16-2010, 3:09 PM
Thats a fine word - I like it...

There is actually no reason at all to even have this dumb ass daylight savings time anymore. It was started to save oil, now to save energy, I know lets just live the way it is now FOREVER and stop fucking up my world.

Think how I feel. I went to be my normal Sunday night time at ten, but it was eleven, soo when i got up at 3:00 it wasnt fun, nope....

Rant over - sorry.

NITRO
03-16-2010, 3:15 PM
After spending years in AZ I had forgotten that whole "spring forward" deal. It did kinda suck on the one day a week I get off to lose an hour. I was just getting used to it being light on my way into work too!

79tripcafe
03-16-2010, 5:52 PM
i was asleep when it happened so no biggie on my end. Do like the longer days though , more riding time!