PDA

View Full Version : Dear Harley Davidson

jason43
03-12-2010, 7:15 PM
By looking at your 'blog', I know you're out there reading, and I have some suggestions.

I think instead of paying for all that Dark Customô marketing, you should give your sales and parts associates classes on basics of motorcyles. And not just some video about the 'open road' and 'freedom' and what officially liscensed clothes they are allowed to wear to work. It would probably increase your 'street cred' if you had at least a basic understanding of what I want when I ask for something like a bearing conversion to go from a 1 inch down to a 7/8. Maybe hire a real biker so when the ocasional non-rich non-yuppie walks in, he (or she) will have someone to talk to.

Also, when I want to mount and balance a tire, you shouldn't turn me away because the wheel is 'custom' (a brand new mini brake never run) and because I didn't buy the tire from the dealership. Its cool though, as the $40 price tag to mount and balance a tire was $20 more than the indi bike shop in the next town over charges. In my desire to get the bike (a Harley) back on the road I would have actually paid it, but whatever.

Oh and tell the sales person not to call my bike a 'relic', its not even that old, only 24 years, it doesnt even qualify for antique tags till next year. And he should be informed that a Flathead 45 refers to the engine displacement, not the production year.

I wouldn't have even went in there, because I was very skeptical from last time, when you told me that you wanted $550 for an unpainted 2.2 flatbottom Sportsterô tank, the kind you made for 50 years that a sales person had to look up by year and model in a book. The kind that everyone else makes for $100-120 bucks new, or $20-40 at a swap meet. But in my desire to get the last couple things to be able to get some work done tonight, I tried you after all other nearby options, Napa, the hardware store, the other tire places, had all been tried.

Hell, hire the guys from Napa, they got a mic out and found the bearings, and understood what I was talking about with the bike, they just didn't have them in stock.

Thats Waugh HD in Orange VA, if you're wondering.

Thanks,

Me, aka your target market.

ironhead303
03-12-2010, 9:13 PM
fucking stealerships, I went to one and asked if they could time my ironhead. the mechanic said what is an ironhead. fucking idiot.

timhypo
03-12-2010, 9:28 PM
Honestly, I don't think you're their target market. They're more looking for guys who don't notice that HD is the only auto or bike manufacturer in the world who refers to having the dealership mechanic bolt on a part that the customer financed into their0 bike payment when they bought it as 'customizing'. When I added a CD changer to my Subaru they called it an 'option'...

KrOwN
03-12-2010, 9:53 PM
nice rant man!
i thought it was an oklahoma thing appears not

dalebfast
03-12-2010, 9:54 PM
I rode my Ironhead chop to the stealership today, and they all came out to gawk at it. Of course they made all the snide comments, except one dude from Berdoo. Whatever.

justafurnaceman
03-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I was told by a stealership that they wont work on anything older than 15 years when I asked if they had anyone that could help me out with my ironhead. I've stopped going to them for stuff and try to find a good indy instead.

revmike
03-12-2010, 10:16 PM
depends on the individual shop, I think. My buddy has all his shovel work done by some salty dude at the local dealer. Of course if they don't know what they are doing, you don't want them working on it anyhooo

~Rev Mike

steffan
03-12-2010, 11:44 PM
I hate the fucking stealerships! all they do is cash in on our life style and sell it to the yuppies and call it their own. its expensive because it says hd on it. fuck that! I was pissed when I payed $10000 for my nightster and you can buy a new one for $7500 now. but when I look at them you can really see where they cut corners to make them that cheap. aparently we didn't buy enough officially licensed (overpriced and imported) dark custom bull shit.

BIGJ
03-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Hey its sucks you went through that at Waugh Enterprises. I grew up there and old man Waugh was always there smoking a pipe ,friendliest guy on the planet and a living Harley history lesson.
I guess its been a long time since I was there but i remember going to that place as kid (89) and It was one of the reasons I started doing this Harley thing.
Either way if they don't have what you need fuck em

me
03-13-2010, 12:10 AM
i like my dealer...they have free hot dogs and soda on saturday...i love free food :)

SmittyFXR
03-13-2010, 12:51 AM
I gotta be honest- it really varies. Most of the dealerships I've been to were a total waste of time. Every once in a while, though, there's somebody behind the counter who actually wants to be there, loves bikes, knows his (or her) shit, and will sit there and cuss at the computer while trying to find obscure shit. There's a young guy who works the parts counter at Freedom HD in Lakewood who fits this description. I was impressed. If you find a good one, post up and let others know. Sometimes we're stuck with the factory for certain parts.

AttilaHOD
03-13-2010, 1:41 AM
i like my dealer...they have free hot dogs and soda on saturday...i love free food :)

That's funny since it's the only reason I've been to a dealer in the last ten years.

The best quote I've ever heard about HD dealerships was from my Triumph riding buddy Jonny who said after going to a HD open house.

"If Harley Davidson issues any more useless shit with their brand name on it they should change thier name to KISS.

bwleather
03-13-2010, 4:32 AM
If you find a good one, post up and let others know. Sometimes we're stuck with the factory for certain parts.
^^^Now that there's a fanfuckintastic idear! I'll go first. There are 2 dudes at the Vallejo HD (Ca) parts counter that are down & don't have their heads completely up their asses. These are the ONLY guys I've ever spoken to about parts at ANY dealership that were worth a fuck. The first weekend after I moved to my current location I'm right back dealing with the same stupid shit. This time some little shit stain acting like I'm fucked up because I want a V-Rod battery for my sportster! Then the little fucker argues with me when I go to return the (brand new) fuckin battery because it wont hold a proper charge! Should've just slaped the shit out of him. Fuckin kid looked to young to even ride a motorbike on the street but thinks he's the king shithead cuz he works for "the factory".
Any way,
-Vallejo, HD
-two youngest dudes at the parts counter

Madav8tr
03-13-2010, 6:03 AM
I guess I don't really have any real angst because the closest HD dealer won't work on my Shovel. Hell, I don't even know if they would because it never crossed my mind to ask since I do everything myself. I wouldn't expect them to since it is so modified it has so few "Harley" parts on it anymore. I guess it would be like taking a my buddies modified round track mustang to the Ford dealer and getting pissed because they won't work on it. He wouldn't expect them too and in reality wouldn't want them to. As for parts, my closest HD dealer's parts manager used to own his own bike shop and is an avid shovel rider and mechanic so he knows what he is doing. He has a lot of stuff on hand and happily orders what I need. I try to steer business to the local Indy bike shop now as well but the HD shop has never given me bad service.

Badassbrutus
03-13-2010, 7:23 AM
Ftf.

jwhite
03-13-2010, 8:16 AM
Jason: nice rant. I feel you. Sounds like you to wrote about your visit to Bayside HD in Portsmouth, VA. Funny how this attitude has come to be the norm at the dealership rather than the exception.

Bayside has a guy at the parts counter who's badge reads "Chrome Consultant." 'Nuff said.

DirtFloorJim
03-13-2010, 8:18 AM
Going to the Dealership is a last resort for me and the kid at the counter knows it. The factory should pull their heads out of their asses and make it the 1st place you want to go.

I worked the parts counter in an aftermarket shop (Deal in Wheels) in NJ for many years as a kid. Back then you could walk in and in one visit buy just about any part for an EVO, Shovel, Pan, Knuck, Flathead, and any Sporty. You also could get advice and actually have a mechanic come out and talk you through your bike problems. If you weren't up to the job then the shop would offer to do it at a fair price. Sounds like a fairy tale these days but places like this use to exist.

As for my rigid it is completely aftermarket not one H-D part on it.

ironhead303
03-13-2010, 8:43 AM
I gotta be honest- it really varies. Most of the dealerships I've been to were a total waste of time. Every once in a while, though, there's somebody behind the counter who actually wants to be there, loves bikes, knows his (or her) shit, and will sit there and cuss at the computer while trying to find obscure shit. There's a young guy who works the parts counter at Freedom HD in Lakewood who fits this description. I was impressed. If you find a good one, post up and let others know. Sometimes we're stuck with the factory for certain parts.
mine was at top gun no wonder they went out of buisness

AngryCracker
03-13-2010, 8:46 AM
A) I didn't even know harley had a blog.... I wonder if they peek in here every now and then to "steal" some ideas....

B) The parts departments at the dealers never have anything you want. They have every ugly faggy bolt-on chrome trinket known to man, but when I went for a couple quarts of oil, a 1/4-20 bolt, a nut for said bolt, and a few cotter pins, I was told they had to order them.... What the fuck is with that?!?!?!?! So I went to an indie shop for the oil, and went to Home Depot for the hardware. Probably got it all for a song compared to what I would have spent at the dealer. That dealer has since closed. Good riddance, and fuck them. Their parts and service guys had sub par motorcycle knowledge anyway. The only reason I went was because it was close to where I live.

This was Trenton Harley Davidson, Trenton N.J.

The only thing they were good for was state inspection. I would pay for my sticker and go. They wouldn't even get up to look at the bike... Probably wouldn't know what they were looking at anyway.

geekdublD
03-13-2010, 11:59 AM
nice rant.

save your moneys and buy some tire irons. sure it's a pain in the arse, but its worth it not having to get in your truck and drive to the next town.

i'm only a couple hrs away. bring me a twelve pack and i'll do it for you.

HA!

swellguy
03-13-2010, 2:11 PM
This is exactly what I was driving at in some posts I made about Josh Kurpius (sp?), his photography and the Dark Customs ad campaigns. It's cool as hell to film him and show some of work, his buddies riding and doing funny stuff. But would they hire him to actually photograph their new bikes for marketing purposes? Not likely. And if he ever rode an ironhead into a dealership, they'd neither have time or knowledge to help him.

oldmansporty63
03-13-2010, 5:25 PM
dear harley davidson:

face it, you are old, outdated and you charge waaaaaay tooooo much. you are eliteist and pompus. just because we dont want to spend thousands on chrome add-ons doesnt mean we are not customers.

so heres a big thank you to the indie shops who are will to take the time to help us anyway they can.

NoeyesDen
03-13-2010, 7:19 PM
I've seen it with indies as well, but for them I understand a little more. When you ask questions they get tight lipped cause they want to charge you 70 bucks an hour to do what they hope you don't have the balls to do. I had one tell me that I shouldn't split a crank cause I would never get it trued again. Give me a fuckin break its a 41 year old ironhead not the fuckin spaceshuttle. He asked if I had a trueing stand? Told him I was gonna do it on my lathe and he lightened up a little. This is a well respeceted indie and if I have to buy new I get it from him, it just shocked me that he went there. What made it worse was I felt like a pussy for thinking "dude you have no idea what I am capable of"'. Our local dealerships are a fucking joke, we have a new Indian dealership with the same name as the Kia dealership acrossed the road and guys in there act like Iron butts when you go in there when they where pushing shitbox korean cars upto a month before they even seen there first bike.

greenlight23
03-13-2010, 7:29 PM
The dealerships do suck, and r way to high on there shit. Went in there the other day a NEW SPORSTER BOBBER 13600 wtf

kingdeadbeat
03-13-2010, 7:36 PM
After I got my oh-ten Nightster from the dealership, I came back a week later with my bars flipped and my baffles cut off, the guys behind the counter flipped out on me!!! They saw all the chop cult and church of choppers stickers all over my bike and didn't even recognize it!!! They said garage hacks like me should leave the work up to them, because I was gonna ruin the motor and exhaust mounts, just because the studs were the only thing holding the pipes on, (I've been running my shorty pipes like this for months and weeks, no issues)

These guys have been copying our style for soo long and I'm sick of it!!! I wish they would go under since noone likes their shit anyway!!!!

FUCK THE FACTORY AND ANYONE OVER THIRTY!!! GET OFF MY NUTTS, I INVENTED THIS SHIT!!!!!

Capino
03-13-2010, 7:44 PM
After I got my oh-ten Nightster from the dealership, I came back a week later with my bars flipped and my baffles cut off, the guys behind the counter flipped out on me!!! They saw all the chop cult and church of choppers stickers all over my bike and didn't even recognize it!!! They said garage hacks like me should leave the work up to them, because I was gonna ruin the motor and exhaust mounts, just because the studs were the only thing holding the pipes on, (I've been running my shorty pipes like this for months and weeks, no issues)

These guys have been copying our style for soo long and I'm sick of it!!! I wish they would go under since noone likes their shit anyway!!!!

FUCK THE FACTORY AND ANYONE OVER THIRTY!!! GET OFF MY NUTTS, I INVENTED THIS SHIT!!!!!

A good rule of thumb is that you should be able to lift a bike by the pipes .

kingdeadbeat
03-13-2010, 7:53 PM
A good rule of thumb is that you should be able to lift a bike by the pipes .

I can hardly lift the pipes with my scrawny emo-arms, let alone a bike..... my dad helps me on my 2011 bopper-chobber...and I hate him for it, that is why I cut myself...

EF THE FACTORY AND DADS THAT CARE!!!!!!!!!

thread dead

Joey
03-13-2010, 8:07 PM
As far as dudes that know their shit, or at least decent and helpful?

Omaha Harley (Now called Holstein's because DillBros raised hell) has a dude named Pat at the parts counter. He's pretty good. I know because I trained him before they fired me in `04.

Also, Todd in service is really cool and knows his shit. He is also accessible. He has a goofy big head though.

If any of you local boys head in there PM me. I'll tell you who to see and who to avoid. Also which techs are worthless (they have 3 good ones out of 8)

mjasen10
03-13-2010, 8:33 PM
i work at a dealership, and i agree that there are alot of dumbshits that work there that dont know there ass from a hole in the ground BUT the people who come in to buy shit are just as bad 95% of the time. if youre gonna go in and ask for a part you couldnt find on your own then why the fuck would you go ask the guy that sells grips and pegs to find it for you? go ask someone in service for help when it comes to that shit. im not makin excuses for hd cus alot of shit really has gone the wrong way but alot of people have the complete wrong expectations. you dont go to a dealership for custom car work do ya? if ya want obscure shit done support a local indy shop or do it yourself. i thought that was what chops were all about, not gettin pissed cus someone wont hold oyur hand on a build or findin parts.

rus
03-13-2010, 8:41 PM
isn't it kind of.... i don't know if the word is 'ironic' or what, but, i find it kind of amusing that dudes with '09, '10 bikes would be bitching about the 'stealership' not understanding their 'kind'. flipping your bars and adding stickers is really no more 'custom' than bolting on chrome shit.

unless your bike is still under warranty, why would anyone ever go into a dealership for anything?

mjasen10
03-13-2010, 8:53 PM
rus, my point exactly

willythepirate
03-13-2010, 9:20 PM
isn't it kind of.... i don't know if the word is 'ironic' or what, but, i find it kind of amusing that dudes with '09, '10 bikes would be bitching about the 'stealership' not understanding their 'kind'. flipping your bars and adding stickers is really no more 'custom' than bolting on chrome shit.

unless your bike is still under warranty, why would anyone ever go into a dealership for anything?

I beleive kingdeadbeat was being a wise ass

billdozer
03-14-2010, 12:46 AM

Hilarious.

northeasteric
03-14-2010, 1:50 AM
i usually call the dealership out here for part numbers on random shit, then look them up online for quarter the price of what they want.

they been getting hip to that, but i been telling them i'll be in on saturday and to go ahead and give up them numbers so "we don't have to look it up twice".

when i bought my service manual they were pushy as fuck about trading my 87 xl for a bullshit rubbermount sportster.

i could care less though, not a hog member and owning a harley doesn't make me part of an elite club. it's their job to sell shit.

elbutche
03-14-2010, 8:42 AM
I don;t get you dealership and factory haters.
It is what it is. what do you expect when you look for a part off a 40 year old bike?
Not like ford or chevy or ANYONE has that shit laying around?

when i go in i just ask the guy at the parts counter for a parts manual. (most know me some new kids dont) and give them smart ass answers to dumb questions. I was asked to do it. a hazing as sorts.) look up what i need and give them a number.
I know most likely they wont have it. I don't bitch someone out for disagreeing with me or not understanding me. there are many people that dont work at bike shops that are the same way...
they are still friends of mine.

you guys need to quit thinking some shop has to HAVE your answer or part on something made before most of them were born. ask questions from a place that may know and fix it yourself.

just because a doctor delivered my son doesnt mean i look to him to help me raise him.

lighten up and look around for a shop that deals with older bikes or that deals in what you are wanting instead of expecting so cooperation to cater to you.

Butche

jason43
03-14-2010, 9:02 AM
Really, I just wanted to find if someone in my town had the parts. I live in a small town about an hour from anything. I had looked up the parts and had the bearing numbers when I went in there, but they told me that they couldn't look bearings up by the bearing ID number... so I wasn't completely clueless when I walked in there. I was thinking that they 'might' stock something like that because harley used 7/8 necks for decades on that dealership has been around since 1936. I had to pick up my kids, so driving somewhere wasn't an option, and I wanted to get some work done that night dammit! lol. When I wrote that, I was just frustrated and pissed because I was shut down progress wise for the weekend. And the worst part was the utter cluelessness and condecention, not really that they didn't have a 30 year old part in stock.

Ended up finding and ordering the bearings online, and getting the tire mounted and balanced at the indie shop I talked about the next day, so I guess (hope) my shit will be straight by next weekend. All this talk about the Revenge Run and the recent snow melt has me really fired up to have this bike running (and looking) straight.

And for the record, Old man Waugh is a cool guy with a lot of stories to tell, he has just hired the same dipshits as the other horror stories you hear about working there. And I talked to three different depts about finding a the bearing... so yeah... it wasn't isolated.

revmike
03-14-2010, 9:50 AM
Dealerships are dealerships. They are in business to sell new bikes and bolt on parts. That isn't just HD either. I ordered a rack for my 02 Triumph a few months after I bought it. After 6 weeks, I called and it wasn't in. I could have ordered it from Hinckley direct by then. Two months later they still didn't have it. A few weeks later I was passing by and I thought I would check to see if they had it. It had been there for two months, they were going to send it back since I never picked it up? Of course, I have never gone there for parts or anything. I can get all that for much less, and I assume faster, by ordering from independent parts shops.

But I will say, that even though that dealership bought out the original owners, who were hard corps Triumph rebuilders and restorers, that shop still worked on a multitude of Triumph, Guzzi, Ducati, and BMW bikes from the 60s on up.

But it just reaches a point, when you've put enough of your own shit on a bike that you don't want someone taking it off/putting it on (wrong). Not (just) because they are dumbasses, but because there is no way they could be conversant in every thing people can do to their bikes. And they hire people to work on bikes who don't care about machines.

I think Robert Pirsig pointed this out about 40 odd years ago.

I've lost my venom for the factory, I figured out a long time ago that we live in different worlds.

I want them to succeed in what they do because I want them to still have jobs for people and make half assed donor bikes for the minority of people who will need them in the future.

My medication is kicking in now, so I'm pretty mellow....

Love you guys

~Rev Mike

BigNick
03-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Just wanted to post to come at this at perhaps a different perspective... I have only been riding Harley's for about 10 years and am approaching 40 years of age. When I bought my first HD, a '99 XL 883 Custom, I really didn't know that much about Harley's, other than I liked the looks of a Sportster. When I picked up the bike, the sales guy handed me a 10 pound parts book he dubbed the "HD Bible"... I thought it was cool as shit to have all kinds of accessories available. After a couple years of add-ons that I bought to make my bike look "different", I realized everyone else had the same bolt-ons, and I wasn't that much different at all. Then, the business I worked for was going to close it's doors, so I started my own business -- had to sell the bike to buy equipment. I went Harley-less for a few years, but never stopped reading the boards about bikes. Once business was established, I was able to scrape together a few bucks to get a used bike. I found a basket case '95 Evo Road King that needed some TLC. Over the course of a couple years, I got the bike looking decent, and running ok... I found it to be really rewarding to bring the bike back to a somewhat decent looking/running machine from the "parts" bike that I bought. My feeling about Harley's was changing... I liked working on them as much as riding them. Also, I started thinking about ways to make or modify parts to stick on the bike... partly out of lack of cash, partly out of again trying to make my bike mine... just a little different. The only problem was, I was dumping money into the bike trying to get it to run reliably. I most always rode the RK alone... then a couple family members purchased brand new Harley's and I began to ride with them. I often missed rides due to an ill running bike, so I bit the bullet and bought a newer bike... a used '06 Street Bob. I figured it would be a good blank slate and reliable. I guess my point is, as much as I'd like to be a mechanic, and especially a fabricator, I just don't have the skills. My self-employment takes a ton of time to make ends meet, so it's difficult to take classes (want to learn to weld). I would love to buy an old Sportster as a project bike, but don't have the cash to have two bikes, so I have a newer machine so that I can ride. Thank god for company's like Licks and Biltwell, and others that make cool parts for someone like me to bolt on. As much as I want to be a bike builder, I will probably never develop the skills to do a lot of the work myself -- but I do have ideas -- so I just have to go to my local welder or paint shop to carry them out, or buy the cool parts from the minds at the above mentioned companies. While this may go against the mentality of a lot of people on the chop boards, it's my only option. I'll stare and drool at all of your awesome creations, and try to incorporate some of your ideas into my bike if I can, but for practical purposes I need the later model HD bikes. I think HD does monitor these boards and is trying to market to people more like me with bikes like the Street Bob and new Sportster 48... people who are stuck in limbo between full stock and full custom and may not have the skills needed to build from scratch. They are making a decent "blank slate" incorporating some chopped ideas into a reliable stock bike. It cracks me up when my sister-in-law busts my balls when I show her all the cool bikes on this site that she thinks are old relics, but now she wants to trade in her Nightster for a Sportster 48 when all the features on that bike that make it cool are from classic Harley's or the chop world... but I do understand. Just my $.02.

Holly crap, sorry about the book.

bwleather
03-14-2010, 10:27 PM
For me, the biggest problem is the attitude I get from these jackasses. I would never expect them to understand the things a lot of us do to our bikes because we all know, to most folks it just doesn't make sense & that's no problem. However, there are still things (like batteries, spark plugs, gaskets, etc.) that I don't mind going to a dealer for; but to be met with such arogance & just plain shitty attitudes is absurd. Here we're bitching about one company in particular, but I don't care who you are, if I'm met with a shitty attitude I'll find somewhere else to spend my money.

SmittyFXR
03-17-2010, 9:44 PM

Know any aftermarket sources for an outer shift lever for a 1982 FXR? Not the one that I bought from Baker that goes inside the transmission case, not the one I move with my foot- the one on the outside of the case.

Me either. Some parts- especially on an oddball bike like a rubbermount, 5-speed Shovel- we're stuck with the dealer.

Steze
05-06-2010, 8:56 PM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/4000/3625/37078.jpg (http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/4000/3625/37078.jpg)

irony...

spooner
05-07-2010, 12:11 PM
One of my hot rod buddies is a salesman at a larger dealership in town. One day I stopped in to chat with him, I was on my '73 sportster that I had stripped all of the crap off of and hard tailed it. The kid behind the parts counter saw me ride up and ran out to talk with me because he had always wanted a 'knuclehead" like mine. :)

JKJ
05-24-2010, 7:09 PM
I agree with both sides...I've had a number of bikes over the years. Metrics, customs, stockers, I've assembled a couple bikes and really enjoy working on bikes. I'm by no means have the talent of the guys on this site but I do what I can. I rarely have luck at dealerships finding parts and sometimes the people there are dicks but as mentioned before you have to compare apples to apples. My father has been building street rods and dragsters for as long as I can remember and he always used to say you don't go to a car dealership to buy a race car, you go to a race shop... I can see why people hate the factory and "stealerships" but not everyone has the mechanical ability to maintain a vintage bike. I had a 53fl that I sold to put the down payment on my house [garage] that I spent more time wrenching on than riding. I can't count how many times a day of riding was shot due to mechanical malfunctions that ruined my plans and all the people who helped me get the bike running again or back home. There is something to be said for getting on a bike and just going riding...Right now I'm building a 98 hardtail sportster and I just bought a 10 street bob to ride...I don't know what category I fall in but I still love bikes/riding and would rather put my energy into that than all the rest of the crap...Just my 2 cents.

reverendpk9
05-24-2010, 9:36 PM
Hampton roads harley yorktown va. I rent a room to one of the service writers so if Big Ben gives you shit I'll whoop his ass in his sleep. That being said there are a lot of good guys that work there that know their old shit, but the owners don't have any intention of having any of them work on your 10+ plus year old bike when they have 200 new ones on the showroom floor.

reverendpk9
05-24-2010, 9:41 PM
When I bought my first harley I looked in the phone book to find a local dealer for a few ods and ends. I was stoked to find revolutionary harley williamsburg va. Because I figured I would have to go a town or two over. Walked in and found out they are a clothing only stealership. Yep a harley dealer with no bikes. What the fuck.

StoneHead
05-25-2010, 5:57 PM
Eastgate Harley in Sinsinnasti Ohio.
As a dealership goes, their parts guys go the extra mile and the mechanics are mechanics and not just parts changers.

I still wouldn't go to them for old bikes or obscure stuff. Neither would I go there first for parts in general.