PDA

View Full Version : new invention.......

steffan
02-25-2010, 2:38 PM
i got tired of taking my helmet on and off to put on or remove my bandanna. so i made these.
snaps on the the rivets in my 3/4 helmet. 3625

http://zombieperformance.com/

steffan
02-25-2010, 2:57 PM
let me know if you think this is cool or retarded.

wickedblockhead
02-25-2010, 3:00 PM
one of them reminds me of Mortal Kombat... i think its a cool idea. i dont wear a bandana. ill either use a Turtlefleece or a balaclava, fwiw. fuck what we think though, run what gets ya there.

Punkskalar
02-25-2010, 3:11 PM
I made something similar a while back... Works nice

REV
02-25-2010, 3:21 PM
its like a snuggie for bikers...

i was actually thinking about making something that could snap onto the bottom of the bubble shield to protect the neck. kinda similar.

but wtf do you do if your helmet is a biltwell and has no snappies on the sides?

Revelator
02-25-2010, 3:48 PM
I think it's a good idea. over the years I have had a few bandanas blow off of Me
in the wind, totally sucks when that happens!
just recently lost a really nice one.
If I dont wear some kind of bandana on long rides my sinuses get totally jacked,
runny nose, etc.
also they come in handy if you hit a swarm of bugs. the bubble shields look good but they
make Me feel like i have a full face helmet on which seems restrictive or closed in.

02-25-2010, 4:49 PM
sorry, I must vote "retarded"

steffan
02-25-2010, 4:58 PM
when i had this idea i thaught it was super rad. then after i made it i think it looks kinda funny. still cooler than a full face helmet. i was thinking of making some and selling them but i needed a general concensus. thanks for the imput so far.

they are leather lined around the snaps so you cant pull the snaps out.
i didnt know that the built well helmets didnt have snaps. it wouldnt be hard to install some.

http://zombieperformance.com/

ditto
02-25-2010, 5:07 PM
ahhh, well, it seems to me its kinda like a turtleneck dickie (google image turtleneck dickie if ya dont know what i mean - shit google image it if you do know what i mean) My grandma used to fucking send these to me WTF grandma!?!?!?!? I mean why not just rock a real fucking turledick shirt if you need a toasty nape?

all that said; i thinkyou could sell them - think of all the really gay apparel that sells for fuck sake - Why does 'Doo-rag' come to mind

But to me, its kinda like buying a skateboard at walmart - sure it looks like skateboard and maybe smells liek a skateboard, but that dont make it cool!

Ill front some start up money to sell them gay things though if ya need :)

Brandon
02-25-2010, 5:15 PM
Guess im just not cool. If its cold enuff to be wearing insulated anything on my face i wear this new invetion called a full face helmet. On the other hand start a blog and sell them. You know the sayin if you build it, they will buy it.

calicruiser
02-25-2010, 5:41 PM
what about a clear bubble shield? Fulmer makes a nice one that fits snug to any 3/4 lid. Plus, you dont have to wear glasses.

steffan
02-25-2010, 5:48 PM
i was just thinking that you could take it off while stopped at a light and throw it into your pocket. or visa versa

svwannabe
02-25-2010, 6:12 PM
what about a clear bubble shield? Fulmer makes a nice one that fits snug to any 3/4 lid. Plus, you dont have to wear glasses.

Personally i cant stand my bubble, its so noisy and i get a lot of air that comes up through the bottom. I have been rocking mx goggles and a bandanna in the cold and the snap idea seems like it would work pretty good.

atomic1
02-25-2010, 6:20 PM
I think a snap on beard would be pretty dope......j/k.

wickedblockhead
02-25-2010, 6:58 PM

it would def go with yer pic.

personally i dig the bubble, mines chrome. it only sucks when the light fades. i really notice how much warmer my eyesockets are vs just glasses and turtlefleece

steffan
02-25-2010, 7:13 PM
I think I'm going to make another that a little more stream line. hopefully it look cooler. I've been riding around with it the last couple days and its been nice. but it reminds me of the transformers. or an 80's move outtake of a future cop helmet. maybe mad max

GreaserMike
02-25-2010, 7:17 PM
I just can't get past deadman13 writing "snappies"

xllance
02-25-2010, 8:15 PM
I think you should market them to Muslim women bike clubs, call it the Bug Proof Biker Burka.

wargasm
02-25-2010, 8:22 PM
your eyes kinda creep me out

wickedblockhead
02-25-2010, 10:48 PM
your eyes kinda creep me out

now that i look, he looks like hes an angry stoner

BGRYN
02-25-2010, 11:39 PM

Make a big furry one.

squirrel78
02-25-2010, 11:39 PM
...and now the imagineers at the moco are going to steal your idea and pass it off as some new outlaw fashion fad.

Revelator
02-26-2010, 1:16 AM
hey steffan. I think you should post a photo wearing some goggles.

TemeculaTerry
02-26-2010, 8:17 AM
Angry Stoners scare me and this idea here makes me angry...

steffan
02-26-2010, 10:45 AM
my eyes are my defense mechanism against homos who like to stare longingly into them. but at the same time they are a huge chic magnet. I can't go anywhere with out girls showing me their tits. ..........im also delusional.

jwhite
02-26-2010, 11:01 AM
let me know if you think this is cool or retarded.

If they were chain mail it'd be a lot cooler.

wickedblockhead
02-26-2010, 11:27 AM
If they were chain mail it'd be a lot cooler.

dude, thats the coolest thing EVER! now i can finally pack my longsword!

jwhite
02-26-2010, 11:52 AM
dude, thats the coolest thing EVER! now i can finally pack my longsword!

I'm in the process of building a bike that the local media and police have described as "something a Medieval Knight would ride into battle, but if it were a sportster and not a horse."

All gothic style.

Other than chain male, nothing else would suffice.

Carry on.

Allen
02-26-2010, 6:19 PM
Looks like the cop characters from the Road Warrior. Gay Boy Beserkers!

MiNightster85
02-27-2010, 2:06 AM
I think its kinda a cool idea, I always hate it when it starts raining and it takes what seems like forever to get my bandana on comfortably under my helmet.

steffan
02-27-2010, 9:35 AM
thanks guys(sacasm)! you sent me to the junk pile!

i made a slimmer version that i think looks cooler but since its smaller there is alot more wind hitting my neck. for your own safty i wore glasses.3652

but since all you shit talker got me in the junk pile.............
TAKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TemeculaTerry
02-27-2010, 9:41 AM
Hahaha

wickedblockhead
02-27-2010, 10:46 AM
his eyes are bloodshot.. he IS stoned!! haha

steffan
02-27-2010, 10:56 AM
sad part about it is that i dont smoke. i lust look like jim breuer.

REV
02-27-2010, 11:02 AM
sad part about it is that i dont smoke. i lust look like jim breuer.

yeah, because jim breuer doesnt smoke....right....lol

steffan
02-27-2010, 11:19 AM
i said i just LOOK like him.

steffan
02-27-2010, 12:58 PM
all joking a side..........does the slimmer version look better?

wickedblockhead
02-28-2010, 12:13 PM
it looks better, but maybe you couid stitch some fabric to cover the neck too. it just looks like your neck would get cold

ARBY
03-13-2010, 3:11 PM
Mmmmm, no thanks. I'm more into the traditional look.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5c3e729e7f.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

OneWayKris
03-15-2010, 10:43 PM
its like a snuggie for bikers...

i was actually thinking about making something that could snap onto the bottom of the bubble shield to protect the neck. kinda similar.

but wtf do you do if your helmet is a biltwell and has no snappies on the sides?

Snuggie's are awesome for couch dancing, but not for helmets my vote retarded!

NHMike
03-16-2010, 4:36 AM
Looks like something a bomb technician would wear, hahahahahaha On another note, my 14 year old daughter has the same sunglasses. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

xllance
03-16-2010, 4:54 PM
thanks guys(sacasm)! you sent me to the junk pile!

i made a slimmer version that i think looks cooler but since its smaller there is alot more wind hitting my neck. for your own safty i wore glasses.3652

but since all you shit talker got me in the junk pile.............
TAKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with the junk pile? I love digging around in junk piles.

kingdeadbeat
03-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Snuggie's are awesome for couch dancing, but not for helmets my vote retarded!

I have to agree about sewing a tea cozy to a helmet.........buy a fucking fullface optimus prime!!!

steffan
03-19-2010, 3:19 PM
dudes..................transformers are awesome and full face helmets suck unless it 35 degs or colder. otherwise you just look all icon moto and shit with your special ninja friends.
becides why would anyone spend $150 plus for a helmet that is only going to get worn for a couple months. for some of us less than that. if your a full face guy then go for it. i just thought that this would be a cheap and easy alternative.

rustrocket84
03-19-2010, 10:52 PM
I just recently bought a full face that i'll wear year round. Maybe not as cool, but I've got a second kid coming any day now. For the couple of guys that know me from here know that I don't have a car, ride year round, and my bike doesn't like to be passed.

Now more importantly to help you out, I don't really care for the look of your design, but I could care less about the look if it functions well. I personally found bandanas to be as useless as hemorrhoid. Outside of taking the sting away they let all the cold right through. Unless you have some kind of super bandana that I never found I can't say they help much. I have a big ass polar fleece neck warmer thing that I used to wear for winter. Which also sucked because it would get soaked with water, and run down my chest and back, thoroughly soaking me under my rain gear, and eventually all the way to my taint. And before you can say something about it, yes I wear rain gear.

steffan
03-20-2010, 11:32 AM
im not saying that full face helmets are not cool. i was just knocking the people who were bagging on the look of my product. im just saying that this was for people who wear a 3/4 helmet like i do year round. since ive made this i have forgotten i even own a full face. sure anything but a full face sucks when it raining. but like you said......even that doesnt help. rain just sucks!

LawnDart
04-05-2010, 5:00 PM
I personally dont like to the look of your idea but if it works use it. I normally just use a bandana and a neck warmer that was issued to me in the army.

NoeyesDen
04-05-2010, 5:08 PM
The insulated one looks like a foreskin

wickedblockhead
04-05-2010, 5:42 PM
10 years ago maybe, i bought a banana yellow triumph one piece rain suit. i figured if anyone knows rain, its the Brits. I was right. i still have that thing. it still keeps me dry, but its a pain in the ass to put on and i look like a fuckin retard (short bus seriously). i bought a two piece tourmaster rig and it works until its starts to downpour for longer than 15 minutes. BUT if i wear my full face and my good winter gloves, i usually stay dry. unless of course im going to see steffan and then i get soaked.. haha hijack over. your shit, steffan, is a good idea. i dont know that id wear it, but at least youre thinkin

wllgmr
04-06-2010, 8:05 AM
people will prolly buy it. you know, like chaps.

HFMC
04-06-2010, 1:43 PM
I've always been a firm believer that nobody really gives a shit what my opinion is, but for what it's worth, I don't like the look and wouldn't buy one. Then again, I wouldn't buy 90% of the stuff I see people wearing, so maybe you'll make millions. Good luck with it either way.

Cletus
04-06-2010, 2:41 PM
Just man-up and grow a beard

number1son
04-07-2010, 10:48 AM
+1 on the beard. just once it gets warm you have to be careful because it works like an airbag for bugs.

steffan
04-07-2010, 6:45 PM
is this beard enough? the weather has been getting alot warmer so i havnt used this thing latley.

im thinking the "look" of this thing will change considerably depending on the stitching and materials used. i made these up as a proto type to see how the idea would work. to me this doesnt look any different than the h.d. face mask or the same thing that i see people wearing with the skull printed on the front.

all you haters out there i know you wear them! dont lie!

steffan
04-07-2010, 6:47 PM
oops!

wickedblockhead
04-07-2010, 8:24 PM
fuck you i like my skull it scares the lil old ladies! and i even have a beard! but on a more serious note, that little asstickler on yer chin aint gonna warm up shit

number1son
04-07-2010, 8:55 PM
You caught me, but I don't wear the one with the skull printed on it.I wear the one with the dog face on it to put all the ladies on notice,HAHAHA.

steffan
04-08-2010, 8:49 AM
i wasnt bagging on your skull-danna! becides, you never bitched about my little ass tickler before...

turtle
05-17-2010, 7:05 PM
I have to vote no.