PDA

View Full Version : best way to internally wire handle bars

ohcmike
08-11-2009, 6:26 PM
so currently have very plane bars that are drag and riser combos pre wired but ive purchased the gen 2 keystones from biltwell and was wondering if anyone has some direction for me

kickcurserepeat
08-11-2009, 6:56 PM
Get yerself an electirc bass string - maybe a "G" or "D" (Hee-hee, I said "G string). Anyway, it's a pretty good way to fish wires though and it'll hold a bend, which might, MIGHT make it through those keystones.

I defer to the wiser.

BigDawg
08-11-2009, 7:32 PM
We usually tape twine on the end of the wires that we are sending through. Fish through a little twine, put a blow gun nozzle on the compressor and push compressed air through the grip side of the bars while you feed more twine in. Check the hole in the center of the bars and once the twine either blows out or blows by the hole, grab it and pull through.

boogieman
08-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I have uses weed eater string before, and one time a real fine wire I had. Don't know what it was but almost like welding wire only about 1/3 as thick

earz
08-12-2009, 12:47 AM
I used to work at a shop that made custom cables. The bulk cable housing we had was what I always used to snake thru bars. it wont bunch up like a lot of other stuff will. If you've got an old cable you're not going to use - cut the ball or barrel end off and pull it out of the housing. slide your housing thru the bars and tape your wires to the end, then just pull the wires thru.

vin
08-13-2009, 5:22 PM
sometimes its hard to get anything strong to make the bends, so you can start out with twine (like mentioned) or string through using a compressor (i dont have) or simply tying a nut on the end and feeding it through or i have used my vacuum, cover the other end of the bars, feed it through the switch end and voila- sucks right through like magic! now you can either pull your wires or your heavyer duty cable/ weed wacker/ what have you. just dont too creative, neck ties do not work.

Clutch
11-09-2009, 9:23 PM
on my apes i threw fishing line tied to a nut through and pulled the wires through. On the new bars I don't have any wires though!

swellguy
11-09-2009, 11:45 PM
so currently have very plane bars that are drag and riser combos pre wired but ive purchased the gen 2 keystones from biltwell and was wondering if anyone has some direction for meThose bars have very tight bends. I got wires through mine but not cables.