PDA

View Full Version : New guy with a question. Moderators?

Boston
02-15-2010, 8:15 PM
Since I'm a new guy here, May I ask who's running this site? I know who runs the JJ, I know who runs the Shovelhead.USA site....who's brain child is this one? I know OF the moderators, probably seen their names on the JJ site and I've bought some great stuff off Biltwell.

I like the site, I check it quite often, I like how you all respond to one another....just curious?

jonnyrtn
02-15-2010, 8:21 PM
Do NOT look at that man behind the curtain..... It is I the great and powerful OZ who runs everything.

Boston
02-15-2010, 8:25 PM
Do NOT look at that man behind the curtain..... It is I the great and powerful OZ who runs everything.

HaHaHa...good one! I know it is probably stated somewhere here, I thought I'd stay lazy and see if I get get a Moderator to save me some looking!

Is it REALLY Oz? Shit!

Allen
02-15-2010, 9:33 PM
Somebody's running this place??? Whaaaaa...

billdozer
02-16-2010, 1:02 AM
Boston,

Me, HalWade, Mike D, BF Josh and our programming ninja Jon "run" the site if you want to call it that. Our friends at Lowbrow Customs run the store. We don't moderate much, but we do some organizing and house cleaning here and there. It's kind of open source with lots of people pitching in on different aspects of it. We generate the editorial on the home page and monitor the forum which mostly runs itself. Other people also contribute to the editorial and when they do we always give a link to their blog, website, photo credit, etc. Also, the blogdump is done by each individual blogger (on their own site and then fed into here) and we don't edit or request anything from them, but they are hand picked, it's not open to everyone with a blogger account, so it is curated in that regard. Me, Mike and Hal all work at Biltwell, but the company pays for ads on here like everyone else and we try to keep church and state as separate as possible. You'll notice the Biltwell blog isn't part of the 'dump and we don't do product announcements or anything commercial like that. We do promote events on here, but that is about it. Hope that helps clarify things. Oh yeah, and welcome.

Boston
02-16-2010, 1:19 AM
Boston,

Me, HalWade, Mike D, BF Josh and our programming ninja Jon "run" the site if you want to call it that. Our friends at Lowbrow Customs run the store. We don't moderate much, but we do some organizing and house cleaning here and there. It's kind of open source with lots of people pitching in on different aspects of it. We generate the editorial on the home page and monitor the forum which mostly runs itself. Other people also contribute to the editorial and when they do we always give a link to their blog, website, photo credit, etc. Also, the blogdump is done by each individual blogger (on their own site and then fed into here) and we don't edit or request anything from them, but they are hand picked, it's not open to everyone with a blogger account, so it is curated in that regard. Me, Mike and Hal all work at Biltwell, but the company pays for ads on here like everyone else and we try to keep church and state as separate as possible. You'll notice the Biltwell blog isn't part of the 'dump and we don't do product announcements or anything commercial like that. We do promote events on here, but that is about it. Hope that helps clarify things. Oh yeah, and welcome.

Thanks Biltwell crew for running a great site. Good to know you all work together and I've seen most of your names on another site as I said. I tend to remember respectful replies from you guys who do respond on that "other" site, a credit to your attitude in life so it's a pleasure to be here.

Thanks for making the effort from your own time too host this place, needless to say...there certainly was room for an alternative and I'm hoping the membership does police itself so it doesn't get "too unwelcoming" on others....just a big thanks from my end!

Jim "Boston

billdozer
02-16-2010, 1:43 AM
Thanks, Jim, glad you like it. It's the internet so it has it's own inherent problems no matter what, but we try to provide the space where people can do what they want and learn, interact, etc along the way. Members have been a big help in keeping the internet tough guy bullshit attitude to a minimum around here, and that has been a tremendous help. One of the ways we do moderate is putting things in the "Junkpile" when they aren't directly related to motorcycles in one way or another. Of course, members are free to continue posting there (witness the Hot babe thread) but it doesn't clog up the main forum where the goal is to talk about and learn about motorcycles. So, with that in mind, this thread will be retired to the JP in a few minutes!

Boston
02-16-2010, 2:03 AM
Thanks, Jim, glad you like it. It's the internet so it has it's own inherent problems no matter what, but we try to provide the space where people can do what they want and learn, interact, etc along the way. Members have been a big help in keeping the internet tough guy bullshit attitude to a minimum around here, and that has been a tremendous help. One of the ways we do moderate is putting things in the "Junkpile" when they aren't directly related to motorcycles in one way or another. Of course, members are free to continue posting there (witness the Hot babe thread) but it doesn't clog up the main forum where the goal is to talk about and learn about motorcycles. So, with that in mind, this thread will be retired to the JP in a few minutes!

I'm good with that! Thanks for the response. Again...congrats...very nice site!

Jim

hugodv01
02-16-2010, 8:15 PM
I would like to thank Boston for his avatar. very nice.

ok my 2c

rustrocket84
02-16-2010, 9:58 PM
I would like to thank Boston for his avatar. very nice.

ok my 2c

I'll second that motion.

HWC
02-27-2010, 7:10 AM
here,here + whatever