PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to get it together.. Front End for my Bike

vivalahotrod
01-31-2013, 9:01 PM
I have been trying for months now to find a front end for my bike and no luck. I wanted to go with an ol ironhead front but that deal fell through.
Then I go for a triumph set up and the that deal falls through as well.
So now I'm stuck, and it seems like the bike is destined to sit on the lift until who knows when.
I could find a springer but everyone has the same set up out here, so I was thinking about going with a girder.

Viva

crush1776
01-31-2013, 9:12 PM
I was about to tell you to quit bitchin and make it happen...then i saw that you are in Okinawa and felt pity... shipping must be expen$ive eh?

Jackster
01-31-2013, 9:15 PM
There's one in the classifieds!

Bandersnatch
01-31-2013, 9:39 PM
Maybe look into a custom set of narrow trees that uses stock HD tubes (or whatever brand is easiest for you to get a hold of).

That way it can be shipped in a relatively small box and assembled by you?

Slayer63
01-31-2013, 10:48 PM
Could you use a crusty old jap front end? It would probably need rebuilding. Send me something cool and pay shipping and its yours.

vivalahotrod
02-01-2013, 12:29 AM
Yeah the shipping sucks but I can work around that.
I though of using an SRfront end. Might still go that route when I get back...we'll see.

Viva

speedandnoise
02-01-2013, 7:04 AM
What kind of bike is it? SR/ XS front ends are great IMO. Or if newer HD stuff is easier to get, the 39mm HD front ends are really nice and have a 1" stem that can be put on most bikes.

vivalahotrod
02-01-2013, 7:41 PM
I got a paughco frame and most of the parts are off a crashed sportster. The majorty of the guys on the island are running around with some sorta sportster set up and like everyone else building a bike I want to be completly different than what is here. Okinawa is a small island and most of the Japanese order everything out of a catalog so it all looks the same.

I gotta be me...don't know the rest of the words to that song...

Viva

Flippy02
02-01-2013, 8:12 PM
I see Harleys all over oki, but i guess it still isn't cheap

vivalahotrod
02-01-2013, 8:52 PM
There are plenty of Harleys and they are not even close to being cheap.
I just gotta get this bike done so I can ride her for a bit then sell it and get the '42 WLA that is sitting in my buddies living room.

Viva