PDA

View Full Version : Back In New Hampshire

xlfodx
01-14-2013, 5:45 PM
Just got back to new Hampshire after being in SoCal for six years.

Can anyone recommend a good shop in the state? I need to get some work done on my scoot.

I live in Weare if anyone is close by and wants to ride or wrench (once i can ride legally).

Also how strict are they on lane splitting? that is going to be the hardest law to get used too.

-Justis

NHMike
01-14-2013, 6:49 PM
Welcome back. Dood, it's NH, you're not going to NEED to Lane Split, hahahaha. I've done it on 95 North on Holiday Weekends, and down in Boston but never just cruising around. You're more likely to get hit by a pissed off Cager than caught by a pig I suspect.

Shop? For what?

Weare is pretty fucking far from me, on the Coast. But there's a few of us 33'rs over this way.

April 9th I've got a run together called The Boston Massacre. I made an even page here on Chop Cult, might be a good way to meet some of the NH guys, and others from around New England.

Chop Cult Event link: http://www.chopcult.com/event.php?event_id=530

Facebook Event Link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/events/311627605623400/

I ride ALL the time, when I HAVE the time, so if you're ever down, let me know and we'll figure shit out.

xlfodx
01-15-2013, 9:53 AM
A shop to have my bike worked on, i don't have enough space right now to do much more than oil changes and basic shit. I need to have turn signals and whatever else they require here to get my bike registered. Unfortunately my bike has a salvage title so i'm going to have to take it to the state police for them to inspect, i'm sure ill need turn signals, speedometer and other unnecessary stuff my bike doesn't have.

Yea once i can ride legally ill be all over NH so i will hit you up.

NHMike
01-15-2013, 11:40 AM
A shop to have my bike worked on, i don't have enough space right now to do much more than oil changes and basic shit. I need to have turn signals and whatever else they require here to get my bike registered. Unfortunately my bike has a salvage title so i'm going to have to take it to the state police for them to inspect, i'm sure ill need turn signals, speedometer and other unnecessary stuff my bike doesn't have.

Yea once i can ride legally ill be all over NH so i will hit you up.

Was your bike ever registered in Cali????? If so, I'm almost certain that's all you'll need to register it here. As far as inspections...never had one. I've been pulled over and have only got one ticket for not having it.

As far as a shop for that stuff...does it need to be rewired? Or are the words there and you just need signals put on? If it needs to be rewired I'd say you're better off doing it yourself. They'll charge you big money to put all that shit back on there. If you've got space for an oil change, then you should have enough to do that other stuff.

NHMike: Hardcore since 1973

xlfodx
01-16-2013, 4:33 PM
Was your bike ever registered in Cali????? If so, I'm almost certain that's all you'll need to register it here. As far as inspections...never had one. I've been pulled over and have only got one ticket for not having it.

As far as a shop for that stuff...does it need to be rewired? Or are the words there and you just need signals put on? If it needs to be rewired I'd say you're better off doing it yourself. They'll charge you big money to put all that shit back on there. If you've got space for an oil change, then you should have enough to do that other stuff.

Yea it's registered in Cali now. The reason it needs to be inspected is because it has a salvage title, if it wasn't for that i could just register it.

The only reason i was going to have a shop do it is because they they know the laws and what i can get away with and can't.

i haven't even looked at the wiring in this bike, i had another sporty in cali that i was working on so i always kept this bike up and never messed with it.

Jesse13
02-10-2013, 4:51 AM
Just got back to new Hampshire after being in SoCal for six years.

Can anyone recommend a good shop in the state? I need to get some work done on my scoot.

I live in Weare if anyone is close by and wants to ride or wrench (once i can ride legally).

Also how strict are they on lane splitting? that is going to be the hardest law to get used too.

-Justis

What up man , I just moved back from so cal also .... Im on the ma. n.h line , ride when ever the weather is good . keep in touch

NHMike
02-10-2013, 7:41 AM
Yea it's registered in Cali now. The reason it needs to be inspected is because it has a salvage title, if it wasn't for that i could just register it.

The only reason i was going to have a shop do it is because they they know the laws and what i can get away with and can't.

i haven't even looked at the wiring in this bike, i had another sporty in cali that i was working on so i always kept this bike up and never messed with it.

I'm almost certain all you'll need is that Cali reg to get it done here. Just go to your local Town Hall and they'll take care of ya.

pfroyjr
03-12-2014, 7:19 PM
Nashua, NH here.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

ComestoLife
03-13-2014, 9:24 PM
I work in Lebanon, NH. Vermont resident. I just moved here in november and don't know anyone so I would be down to meet up and ride, as well. Im gonna go back to NJ and grab my bike (just picked up a 07 Triumph) next weekend. I have an old honda project bike sitting in storage til the spring/summer as well.