PDA

View Full Version : yellow, foamy oil coming from breather tube?

4eyes
01-12-2013, 3:38 PM
I have a 98 Sporty S and have a breather tube dropping down to the bottom of the bike and have noticed that black oil does not come out of the tube anymore, but instead, a foamy yellow oily residue. Any ideas?

thanks.
don

mrkil
01-12-2013, 4:03 PM
The clap?

Seriously though, any chance you could have fuel seeping into the case? That would sure thin out your oil.

DollaBill
01-12-2013, 4:09 PM
Fuel or water if you've washed your bike or ridden in the rain. It could also be from condensation in the oil tank.

4eyes
01-12-2013, 4:41 PM
Not sure if water or gas is in my oil. How would I check that? Or should I just do an oil change?

bobbarooski
01-12-2013, 4:44 PM
Oil change will not hurt,I would start there

diy570
01-12-2013, 4:55 PM
combination of colder temps, improper warm up, short rides, air cooled engine.

JamesM
01-12-2013, 5:00 PM
diy is spot on. When the engine doesn't get to operate at a higher temp for an extended period of time it doesn't burn off all of the condensation, so it will stay in there and become yellow foamy shit. Generally happens in the winter when you're either riding short distances, or not at all and just starting it up once a week.

Happens to my girlfriend's car every winter because her work is only 3 miles away. First year I was with her I assumed it was a bad head gasket.

ARBY
01-12-2013, 5:08 PM
Not sure if water or gas is in my oil. How would I check that? Or should I just do an oil change?

Take little out, put it in a dish and hold a match to it If it burns it ain't water!

4eyes
01-12-2013, 5:14 PM
Yea I'm looking into the oil bag and the oil
Looks a little yellow. My poor baby gots the clap. Sigh.

mrkil
01-12-2013, 6:14 PM
Go steal the wife's turkey bastet and suck some out to see what is goin on.

If it's water it will seperate after sitting for a while. If it's gas it will smell like gas.

If it's the clap it will burn when you pee

ARBY
01-12-2013, 7:58 PM
Go steal the wife's turkey bastet and suck some out to see what is goin on.

If it's water it will seperate after sitting for a while. If it's gas it will smell like gas.

If it's the clap it will burn when you pee

That's funny!!!