PDA

View Full Version : Got a little frame today for my little girls bike.....

Stank
01-11-2013, 3:08 PM
....and now, IT IS FUCKING ON! Pretty much have every single part, nut and bolt needed to run this thing through somebody's livingroom wall.

bobbarooski
01-11-2013, 3:20 PM
Cool!

worn
01-11-2013, 6:25 PM
Are those down tubes bent/kinked?

2stroketim
01-11-2013, 6:30 PM
Sure looks like they are...

LinkBelt
01-11-2013, 6:59 PM
I think its just an illusion. Seems to be a molded wishbone style frame ant the angle the pic was taken makes it look bent. There may be a dent in the boron rail where some dropped the engine on it.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

worn
01-11-2013, 11:36 PM
I think its just an illusion. Seems to be a molded wishbone style frame ant the angle the pic was taken makes it look bent. There may be a dent in the boron rail where some dropped the engine on it.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

A hardtailed stock Sportster "wishbone" frame?

SyndicateChoppers
01-12-2013, 7:45 AM
A hardtailed stock Sportster "wishbone" frame?

Yeah that's what I was thinking

don't take this the wrong way I'm not trying to sound like a dick but those tubes in the front are bent or bowed I would have that frame checked over by someone who knows what they are looking at riding around on a sketchy frame can get you killed which is not cool

Stank
01-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Yeah that's what I was thinking

don't take this the wrong way I'm not trying to sound like a dick but those tubes in the front are bent or bowed I would have that frame checked over by someone who knows what they are looking at riding around on a sketchy frame can get you killed which is not cool

Not at all man, appreciate the words of advice, I'm takin the frame to a guy who knows his shit. It's slightly raked and I think thats why they did it. Looks like thats right at the closest point to the motor. But no it's not twistd or kinked. Cant ever tell until a frame goes on a good jig, but I've got a surgical eye and this thing looks straight. Def. needs to be cleaned up but it was done well. And no, you're right,Id NEVER ride a bike with this much work done unless gone over by an expert. I'll probably have the guy just put the original casting with matching numbers anyways. the tubes are bent inward but up toward the casting it's tapered with bondo which at the angle makes em look kinked. Frame needs love but I posted cause I been waiting for a frame for 2 years, finally have all the parts etx.....

SyndicateChoppers
01-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Not at all man, appreciate the words of advice, I'm takin the frame to a guy who knows his shit. It's slightly raked and I think thats why they did it. Looks like thats right at the closest point to the motor. But no it's not twistd or kinked. Cant ever tell until a frame goes on a good jig, but I've got a surgical eye and this thing looks straight. Def. needs to be cleaned up but it was done well. And no, you're right,Id NEVER ride a bike with this much work done unless gone over by an expert. I'll probably have the guy just put the original casting with matching numbers anyways. the tubes are bent inward but up toward the casting it's tapered with bondo which at the angle makes em look kinked. Frame needs love but I posted cause I been waiting for a frame for 2 years, finally have all the parts etx.....

cool man yeah once you get it up on a jig you will know for sure what you have going on
good luck with it

Taint
01-13-2013, 3:18 PM
Lookin good, Stanky ass. Get ready to put those machinist skillZ to use!