PDA

View Full Version : getting a rebuilt/ASPT title

malloy
01-04-2013, 5:20 PM
i'm trying to make my bike 100% legal and get the paperwork straight. i'm in florida and i'm trying to avoid the DMV.here is the deal.I had/have a 2007 triumph speedmaster that I stripped and installed most parts into an acme choppers frame. I still have the original frame and have a clear title on it. I also have the MSO for the frame. anyway to avoid the DMV and get a special construction title. I've even considered cutting out the original vin and welding it to the acme frame. how sketchy is this. my issue with florida is I feel they are going to want a huge paper trail. and nothing on the engine states that it came from that frame, so I might have an issue.. any ideas.

sincealways
01-04-2013, 5:25 PM
Why wouldnt you just register it under the triumph vin&just keep the extra frame around. then ride it in the acme frame. from my understanding special construstion vins cost more to insure&so forth. at least that how it is up here in Canada. &i think regardless you'll need to go to the dmv to register anything....

malloy
01-04-2013, 5:35 PM
that's what i've been doing. riding around as if the bike was a 2007 triumph. 2 issues with this.. if I want to sell it, the numbers don't match and if I get pulled over by super cop, the numbers don't match...