PDA

View Full Version : Special Construction Title in Arizona

broclanders
01-03-2013, 5:31 PM
Has anyone gone through the special construction title process lately in Arizona. A guy I work with got one a few months ago and he has a document saying that you have to have turn signals, a horn and all that jazz. He temporarily installed what was listed. When he went down for the inspection they didn't check any of that shit, just the numbers and his paperwork. He said it took about an hour and he walked right out with an assigned vin. Is it really that easy or did he just get lucky with the right person at the time at MVD?

Longjon
01-03-2013, 5:46 PM
I've had it happen both ways...with the same bike. Long story shorter: did a level 3 inspect on my 56 pan and they had the damned thing for hours and I had all the temp shit they wanted, receipts etc etc...they assigned me a vin as a 92 reconstruct. Years later, a painter blasted my vin tag off my frame and threw it out with the trash at the end of the day, so I went through process again...didn't have any of the turn signal mirror horn etc on bike, just old build receipts. They never even had me pull it off my pickup, pulled the whole shizzbang into the inspection room and forty five minutes later, I walked with a state assigned tag identifying my bike as a 1956 harley davidson panhead. So in my experience, yeah, it's all about who's working and what the particular mood of the day is.

DrkShineODSun
08-31-2019, 12:45 PM
and what about total costs ?

Tattooo
08-31-2019, 7:02 PM
and what about total costs ?

Of what????? Of a 6 year on thread??????

golfish
08-31-2019, 10:11 PM
Just to add to the resurrection of this thred. ODSUN, find a company that does title/registrations in your area. Not AAA.

Luky
09-07-2019, 3:44 PM
Some Millenials at the MVD know nothing about custom motorcycles.
Ask for a supervisor if necessary.