PDA

View Full Version : Who can make Tank Emblems?

ARBY
12-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Any of yooz guys out there have the ability to cut a set of tank emblems out of 1/8" aluminum?

motorlou
12-31-2012, 11:20 AM
I had a set made years ago but I lost the guys info. I never ended up using mine, been trying to put it on something for years!

Brendden
12-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Tank emblems add weight, choppin is about taking it off!

motorlou
12-31-2012, 12:38 PM
true about chopping but small pieces and touches like that sometimes make bikes cooler too

Knuckleduster
12-31-2012, 12:50 PM
this is something I have thought about a lot in the past. I recall someone on here awhile back ago that took triumph tank badges and turned them upside down and backwards or some shit, like he cut them up and altered them. i dont have the link, but i thought it was kooler than shit. I was thinking more along the lines of making a mold of the portion of the tank, and casting some crazy one off shit. which defiantly seems feasible. experiment a little, use your imagination, and most important, have fun !

sohcool
12-31-2012, 2:21 PM
this is something I have thought about a lot in the past. I recall someone on here awhile back ago that took triumph tank badges and turned them upside down and backwards or some shit, like he cut them up and altered them. i dont have the link, but i thought it was kooler than shit. I was thinking more along the lines of making a mold of the portion of the tank, and casting some crazy one off shit. which defiantly seems feasible. experiment a little, use your imagination, and most important, have fun !

If a guy were so inclined he very well could take a tank, cover it in cellophane night and tight, use modeling clay or anything that suits the fancy and "make" a badge, then make a mold of that new badge, then cast in in acrylic or whatever was desired. Could look pretty cool.

Another option would be to cut a background out in aluminum and polish it, paint it with candies so it's nice and vivid, then cast over it followed by a good polishing. Would have a LOT of depth.

ARBY
01-01-2013, 9:48 AM
If a guy were so inclined he very well could take a tank, cover it in cellophane night and tight, use modeling clay or anything that suits the fancy and "make" a badge, then make a mold of that new badge, then cast in in acrylic or whatever was desired. Could look pretty cool.

Another option would be to cut a background out in aluminum and polish it, paint it with candies so it's nice and vivid, then cast over it followed by a good polishing. Would have a LOT of depth.

The acrylic idea is interesting but I was more interested in the latter idea. I guess I should have asked, "Anybody out there have access to a CNC machine or whatever it takes and be willing to cut out a couple of tank emblems? I have a design"

sohcool
01-01-2013, 10:45 AM
The acrylic idea is interesting but I was more interested in the latter idea. I guess I should have asked, "Anybody out there have access to a CNC machine or whatever it takes and be willing to cut out a couple of tank emblems? I have a design"

What format is the design in?

We have a shop local here that does aerospace parts with water and laser cutters. Also have a lot of multi-access mills. They have SUPER reasonable prices for getting stuff cut.

If I recall correctly, they prefer DXF's but can work with PDF's and specs.

purerockfury
01-01-2013, 10:53 AM
I have a design"

is it a police badge? i heard you were a cop...lol

ARBY
01-01-2013, 1:51 PM
is it a police badge? i heard you were a cop...lol

Nope not a badge - got enough badges.;)

JMFNC
01-01-2013, 1:53 PM
Fab Kevin made the Detroit badges on the sides of hammer's knuck, I think

jackalcb
01-01-2013, 3:16 PM
need one of these thing http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/extras/extras/nextengines-3d-scanner/