PDA

View Full Version : Would I get kicked off the board or laughed at ...

JPWilliams
02-08-2010, 10:22 AM
if I documented rebuilding the motor of 2003 1500 Vulcan Classic here? It seems most of the talk here is about chopping old hondas, and chopping a 750 SOHC is definately on my to-do list, but the Vulcan needs fixed I like to share with like minded folks. I will probably cross post to some Vulcan boards, but I didn't know if there was an audience for it here as well.

dannyb
02-08-2010, 11:18 AM
If you got laughed at or kicked off, than this board would officially suck. Its a motorcycle motor right? Post it.

bforbes
02-08-2010, 11:46 AM
what?!?! have you seen some of the bikes that get chopped here? there's lots of unexpected cool hiding under the modern creations of assembly line bikes. its up to you to dig it out. more power to ya.

Jashole
02-08-2010, 12:03 PM
NAHHH. fuck that. hahah just do whatever the hell you want. lets see some photos and some build progress!!

NHMike
02-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Check out my pics, my last bike was a Vulcan 800. Those things are fucking bulletproof. Can't wait to see it.

REV
02-08-2010, 12:05 PM
NO! NOTHING DIFFERENT HERE!

seriously tho, chop that shit and post up. someone might get inspired!

mad750
02-08-2010, 12:42 PM
You'll get laughed at then kicked off if you don't post it here. I for one would be interested in work on a newer modern bike and what cold be done with it. Some of those newer mills seem like they would be a good candidate for the chopper world.

Brandon
02-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Well were waiting........Gets some pictures up here

wllgmr
02-08-2010, 1:44 PM
I think the reason people hate on those is because of the radiator. Ive seen some that were done up killer. I wanna see what u do to yours. post it. NHMike's looked good.

JPWilliams
02-08-2010, 2:18 PM
This won't be a chop or bob job, just rebuilding the top end engine. I lost the shift dogs and second gear at 35000 miles at 2 years old. The stealer rebuilt it and I had to get an attorney to argue to get it covered under warranty. Seriously how does an abused bike last 35000 miles? Especially considering others have had the same fate. At any rate it has burnt oil ever since the stealer rebuilt it and now 15,000 miles later the rear head is making strange noises. I should sell it, but hate to dump something on somebody else and I figure if I rebuild it, I will have better bike than the what I could replace it with for the sale money. If nothing else a salvage motor can be picked up for around a grand. If I had to split cases again that would probably be the easier route.

mad750
02-08-2010, 6:09 PM
I went to change out my oil and ended up with a hardtail. It just happened.

billybiltit
02-08-2010, 7:50 PM
i have done some valve and cylinder work on vulcans and really dug how they were built.four valve heads with dual plugs pretty cool.a guy out buy me has a cool chopped/bobbed/whatevered one that he rides daily.
you are gonna have to post up pics now man,comon.
keep postin,

leon

jpswino
02-08-2010, 8:23 PM
Do it...........I'll watch for sure.

Creedmore
02-08-2010, 8:46 PM
At least do it for the exp.

jazzmans
02-09-2010, 5:00 PM
if I documented rebuilding the motor of 2003 1500 Vulcan Classic here? It seems most of the talk here is about chopping old hondas, and chopping a 750 SOHC is definately on my to-do list, but the Vulcan needs fixed I like to share with like minded folks. I will probably cross post to some Vulcan boards, but I didn't know if there was an audience for it here as well.

Naw, make something cool out of it. Take lots of pictures of the process. It's amazing what can be done with fugly bikes.

jaz

turtle
02-10-2010, 11:21 AM
I really love the vulcans they got their stuff together!

TJBC
02-11-2010, 2:45 PM
laughed at....? well im the guy who shows up to the chop meets on a VT600 CD that i chopped and bobbed. its a metric, Honda, 2006, not a harle, not vintage, not a beezer or a trump, but its mine and i built it. and i ride the piss out of it.
I dont give a fuck what you ride man, if your chopping it then you are in good company with me, ive gotten a lot of crap and not much respect when it comes to the bike i ride but i dont give a fuck, and neither should you, chop what ya got man. lets see what you can do! =)

DO FUN SHIT!

newoldskool89
02-16-2010, 1:56 PM
Let it shine!!! Put that shit on here now!!!