PDA

View Full Version : machining/ fab question

doppleganger87
12-26-2012, 8:25 PM
Ok so I have no oases making bungs..but the question is how do you cope them? Im just entry level so I appreciate the help!

SyndicateChoppers
12-26-2012, 8:36 PM
bungs for handlebars or to fit over round tubing ?
I normally just put them in my milling machine and use a 1" roughing mill bit for bungs to fit 1" tubes or bars etc.

doppleganger87
12-26-2012, 8:45 PM
For tubing..I need a good print to make coped bungs and some tophats..normally im lazy and order them but now I have more time then money!

bkrtrsh
12-26-2012, 8:45 PM
Might want to hold it in a "V block"

CaviMike
12-27-2012, 1:41 AM
Do you have access to a CNC or just a manual mill? Honestly I think I'd rather just use a hole-saw before I wasted my time with an endmill in a manual if I didn't have access to a CNC.

kawijake
12-27-2012, 4:28 AM
I work in a cnc machine shop. The dude i was working on my project last winter made fun of me cus i made simple shit so complicated. V blocks, end mills, fuck all that. ^+1 on a simple vise and a hole saw.

charmer21o
12-27-2012, 6:09 PM
Why dont you draw up a sketch of what you want and let us know your skill level, you say you work in a cnc shop. That's fine but do they give you access to cnc machines or just manuals. If you have access to cnc can you operate it yourself or do you need someone to help you, same thing goes on the manuals. I would like to give you advice but not sure where and how to start without being able to see a sketch of what you want done.

Oscar
Petrol Moto
www.petrolmoto.com
www.petrol-moto.blogspot.com

doppleganger87
12-27-2012, 6:30 PM
im actually a machine tech student..actually im making a vblock as one of my projects now.i have no problems running a manual mill or lathe etc..just starting to work with cnc..alil intimidating i might add!but if i had a print of dimensions that would be great!widths and diameters and such..im just wanting to tap them for 3/8-16..top hats to mount my tank and x3 coped to hand my oil tank

CaviMike
12-28-2012, 7:24 PM
I assume you're using retro-fitted manual mills and lemme guess, Anilam control panels? Conversational or G-code?