PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone run a ultima softail frame?

misfitJason
12-25-2012, 11:55 AM
I am looking at a stock dimension ultima softail frame to switch out the frame on my rigid paughco and was looking for opinions. And opinions from only those who have used the frame or had one. I was wondering about the quality and fitment. Thank you gentlemen

willythepirate
02-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I have a bike in a Ultima frame. If I told you its a spcn youd call me a liar

TheDave
02-11-2013, 8:42 PM
They are nice. I would say that they have the same build quality as the paughco. I have one I'd like to unload if you are interested. I maybe willing to trade for your paughco if ur interested.

misfitJason
02-12-2013, 5:10 PM
well the paughco is titled right now so I can't trade. I need to get the new one and then reapply for a title through the dhsmv. Although I would be curious as to what you have. I found the new ones with no stretch for 499 plus free shipping minus the swingarm but i already have that (pre-planning)

misfitJason
02-12-2013, 5:19 PM
This is the frame I am looking at either with solid struts or bolt on struts. The gastank mounts confuse me though. I don't get how the stock softail gas tanks mount to these mounts on the frame. Anybody know?

here is a pic of the frame and a pic of the gas tanks

TheDave
02-12-2013, 5:53 PM
This is the frame I have. It's 34 degrees of rake and stock stretch. It has had those mounts you are referring to removed. I'm not sure what the mounts fit exactly, I thought it was the soft tail tanks till I saw your picture. I was looking for $600 with the shocks but it doesn't look like u need those

misfitJason
02-12-2013, 8:20 PM
Ill pass I am going to go with the new one

UncleMonkey
02-13-2013, 4:46 PM
I've sold a few through my shop. Overall a good quality frame. I've never had one that wasn't straight or had bad welds. The stock measurements are pretty close to stock for any Evo softail.

02-13-2013, 4:47 PM
you have to get a mounting kit for the front mount

UncleMonkey
02-13-2013, 4:51 PM
This is the frame I am looking at either with solid struts or bolt on struts. The gastank mounts confuse me though. I don't get how the stock softail gas tanks mount to these mounts on the frame. Anybody know?

here is a pic of the frame and a pic of the gas tanks

You can order a tank mount kit. which basically are the front upper and lower mounts. The rear mounts just bolt to the frame in the two stubs near the seat. The lower front mounts to the small gusset between the legs and the upper mounts to the tab welded on the back bone near the neck. The two mounts are basically L bracket with a tube for the rubber mounts on the tank. If you are handy you can easily make them or buy them - they come powder coated with chrome hardware.

misfitJason
02-13-2013, 5:43 PM
thanks gentlemen I google it and it makes sense now. I found them for $41.50 and they come powdered. It's not cost effective for me to go and get the steel and then have it powder coated so I will buy those to save some time.

UncleMonkey
02-15-2013, 10:39 AM
thanks gentlemen I google it and it makes sense now. I found them for $41.50 and they come powdered. It's not cost effective for me to go and get the steel and then have it powder coated so I will buy those to save some time.

For $41 you can't really go wrong. Of course Jesse James would say different...