PDA

View Full Version : Y/N? Rabbits without rake.

NIGHTTIGER666
12-24-2012, 5:52 PM
Go!

NeoDutch
12-24-2012, 6:42 PM
WTF, can't anyone make up their own mind anymore? What does anyone else's opinion matter? Don't you have an imagination?

Do what suits you and feels best while you ride it. It's not a fashion show.

killersoundz
12-24-2012, 6:45 PM
don't know what a "rabbit without rake" is

NIGHTTIGER666
12-24-2012, 7:01 PM
Ok you're all absolutely right.

sohcool
12-24-2012, 7:24 PM
WTF, can't anyone make up their own mind anymore? What does anyone else's opinion matter? Don't you have an imagination?

Sure is to some people around here...

bigdaddy
12-24-2012, 7:52 PM
don't know what a "rabbit without rake" is

rabbits are a type, or style, of bars. i think it is more about how long the forks are. some guys will throw longer fork tubes on a frame and run the 30 degree rake. it can be done up to a certain degree, but then rake and trail become a problem. i'm sure somebody who knows a lot more about this than i do could post some pics. i personally don't care for the rabbits period. but then again, i'm more of a short chop guy.

now, about the whining...i guess it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, because it's your bike. yeah, these threads are lame unless there are lots of pretty pictures. i always like pretty pictures. so, maybe the OP should have said, "Post up some pics of bikes with stock rake and rabbits."

merry christmas, bitches. it's time to hit the egg nog.

bobscogin
12-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Go!
With rake: NO
Without: NO

Bob

bobscogin
12-24-2012, 11:18 PM

Peer validation is a very important component of being one of the bros.

Bob

ARBY
12-25-2012, 3:42 PM
Sigmund Freud in his recognition of three kinds of anxiety (real, neurotic, and moral or social), believed that a when a child constantly strives for approval, it could lead to the child becoming what the the parent or others want him to be rather than what he himself wants to be. He believed that although always seeking approval would temporarily relieve the anxiety, eventually it would exacerbate the anxiety.

So there you have it.

LinkBelt
12-25-2012, 4:17 PM
Although one mans style might not be the same as mine, I must still appreciate the thought process that man has had to become his own. Here on the CC and the scene that we as a whole congragate must have appreciation for individual style. If not then we are posers invading a scene and might as well ride baggers to the next grassroots event. OP if you dig the style of rabbits with no rake by all meens run it your way. Myself however, I can't even fathom the hidious monstrosity in which you speak. That doesn't mean I wouldn't stand around drink your PBR shoot the shit with you for hours Bro. I would much rather rumble down the road next to a Bro who has his own style then with a cookie cutter poser anyday.
Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

NIGHTTIGER666
12-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Hey peers, I get that you want to crush all fakes and I'm obviously one of them for asking for opinions from people who may have more experience. I don't have the resources to try any modification I'd like at the moment. Thanks again for you continued support of the less experienced generation and may Jah bless you all.

Nickh949
12-26-2012, 4:39 PM
Hey peers, I get that you want to crush all fakes and I'm obviously one of them for asking for opinions from people who may have more experience. I don't have the resources to try any modification I'd like at the moment. Thanks again for you continued support of the less experienced generation and may Jah bless you all.

i think all he wanted to know was if other guys rode it and how it felt.... i dont see nothing wrong with asking that.. why is everyone such a cynical ass.

TheGooch13
12-26-2012, 5:37 PM
dicks

rooster52478
12-26-2012, 5:39 PM
With rake: NO
Without: NO

Bob

This

mrkil
12-26-2012, 6:28 PM
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server4600/a1d0a/products/654/images/4791/Z9135L__90824.1336132845.1280.1280.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikisource/en/thumb/7/7a/PeterRabbit11.jpg/350px-PeterRabbit11.jpg

I say with looks more appealing......

NIGHTTIGER666
12-26-2012, 9:02 PM
Thank you mrkil, for putting it terms I can understand.

mrkil
12-26-2012, 9:22 PM
Haha np

But seriously, i think it can look good as long as it follows the bikes lines.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Ledzx3/C360_2012-09-0511-04-05.jpg

And here is when it doesn't work
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll139/meattruck138/photo2.jpg

vnygra
12-26-2012, 9:24 PM
Well without being a Dick, I think any rabbits you buy and mount on a bike without rake won't look right. Too high, straight, and uncomfortable. Possibly get some long ones and torch the bend a bit to pull them down? Or if youre having someone make them do the same angle on the grip for a stock rake as would have on something raked out??

bobscogin
12-26-2012, 9:48 PM
why is everyone such a cynical ass.

In my case, it came with age. You earn the right to it by seeing, over many decades, every trend you can imagine come and go-- like rabbit ear handlebars. Cynicism isn't always a bad thing. It has saved me from having to jump from one bandwagon to the next in pursuit of the latest trend in motorcycling.

Bob

Nickh949
12-27-2012, 4:39 AM
In my case, it came with age. You earn the right to it by seeing, over many decades, every trend you can imagine come and go-- like rabbit ear handlebars. Cynicism isn't always a bad thing. It has saved me from having to jump from one bandwagon to the next in pursuit of the latest trend in motorcycling.

Bob

well put, thanks for the clarity....no cynicism that made alot of sense to me...oddly. :cheersmate:

WingNut
12-27-2012, 7:40 AM
Sigmund Freud in his recognition of three kinds of anxiety (real, neurotic, and moral or social), believed that a when a child constantly strives for approval, it could lead to the child becoming what the the parent or others want him to be rather than what he himself wants to be. He believed that although always seeking approval would temporarily relieve the anxiety, eventually it would exacerbate the anxiety.

So there you have it.

Arby, While I hate your intolerance of all things Sportster, you come up with some of the best quips and responses. :clap for you:

tattoo2303
12-27-2012, 9:30 AM
you guys are a fuckin pricks! if you aint got shit to add why not fuck off elsewhere.

i personally never liked the looks but that first pic mrkil posted has atleast opened my eyes a little, i think the hardtail and lowered/angled seat help alot though, cant recall ever seeing a swingarm bike with rabbits that i liked but id go through the japanese influence thread and see if theres something there.

im really hoping this place doesnt become some elitist hierarchy where new guys or less knoweldgable guys are made to feel stupid for asking questions or belittled for not being "cool" enough to "do your own thing", fuck you it isnt a fashion show- thats exactly what it is. i know right where this guys coming from, not wanting to spend 100+ bucks on a set of bars that once bolted on look like shit to him, post up a picture or give some pros and cons or move on to the next one you know nothing about. you aint cooler, hipper or wiser cause you spend more time on the internet, in the garage, or on the road, trust theres always someone doing more, bigger and better things than you!

Brendden
12-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Rabbits, only on a raked bike, ever.

bobscogin
12-27-2012, 6:09 PM
you guys are a fuckin pricks!

Cynical pricks at that. They're the worst kind! :D

Bob

BrandonThePleb
12-27-2012, 7:32 PM
Rabbits, only on a raked bike, ever.

i'm sorry you feel that way. I guess my bike sucks now... :( lol

RokDoctor
12-27-2012, 7:49 PM
I'm with you on this one. It's why I come to this site.

you guys are a fuckin pricks! if you aint got shit to add why not fuck off elsewhere.

i personally never liked the looks but that first pic mrkil posted has atleast opened my eyes a little, i think the hardtail and lowered/angled seat help alot though, cant recall ever seeing a swingarm bike with rabbits that i liked but id go through the japanese influence thread and see if theres something there.

im really hoping this place doesnt become some elitist hierarchy where new guys or less knoweldgable guys are made to feel stupid for asking questions or belittled for not being "cool" enough to "do your own thing", fuck you it isnt a fashion show- thats exactly what it is. i know right where this guys coming from, not wanting to spend 100+ bucks on a set of bars that once bolted on look like shit to him, post up a picture or give some pros and cons or move on to the next one you know nothing about. you aint cooler, hipper or wiser cause you spend more time on the internet, in the garage, or on the road, trust theres always someone doing more, bigger and better things than you!

steffan
12-28-2012, 1:13 AM
i dont think its a yes or no answer......just how you set up the rest of your bike. i just bend my rabbits to work with the rake of your bike. heres some customer submitted pics.

im pretty sure most of these are all stock rake. obviously the big twins have a little more rake than the sportys.