PDA

View Full Version : advice on tires...

Thumperchump
12-22-2012, 5:11 PM
Whats goin down, bros? I need some advice on tires.. having trouble sorting out what i need. Im building a cafe/brat/zero type bike and im looking at tires.. i want a beefy fat tire look. Would i be stupid to run a rear tire on the front? The bike is mainly for around town, short trips.. not gonna be doing 100 mph (its kz400) current tires are 3.60 18H front and 3.50 18 4pr back.. im looking at tires with highest aspect ratio reasonable.. 90 or so
Any tire suggestions would be cool, if ya get the look im talking about
Thanks for lookin.

Finkit
12-23-2012, 7:57 AM
Try here see what you like, Firestone ANS look cool if you can get a 4.00 x 19 on the front. https://www.universaltire.com/motorcycle-tires.html

Thumperchump
12-24-2012, 3:09 PM
Thanks.. Those are some nice tires. Im still wondering about running a rear on the front? Anyone?

FXD1369
12-24-2012, 4:33 PM
Thanks.. Those are some nice tires. Im still wondering about running a rear on the front? Anyone?

Handling and load characteristics from front to rear are definitely going to be different, but as long as handling isn't a concern, You can run a rear on the front...just run it in the opposite direction than normal.