PDA

View Full Version : Another small engine

KittenTooth
12-22-2012, 7:41 AM
If these small motor posts aren't allowed let me know. I like posting my projects on forums but the only one i got is KZRider.. I love that place but hopefully yall will appreciate this stuff too.

Here are some pictures of the motor all tore down. Its off of a Yardman Snowbird Snowblower. Early 1960s but the pullcover isn't original so i dont know what year it is. All tore down and cleaned everything. Pretty sure there was water in the crank case at one point so that all had to go. Also fixed the ignition. The wire running from the coil to the condense was broke.

KittenTooth
12-22-2012, 7:48 AM
And here it is all put together. This project has about 3 bucks invested. Had to got out and buy a new diaphragm for the carb. I had new gaskets from this weird pack of gaskets i bought for another motor so i was basically set. The cylinder and valve train were in excellent shape so i didn't bother honing and installing new rings. I did polish the intake and exhaust ports and took a wee bit of metal off of the valve stems to ensure they were closing all the way. Im thinking ill put this motor on something else and use one of my other engines for the snowbird. This is the only self contained motor i have.

Brendden
12-22-2012, 11:34 AM
MAke a minibike out of it gogogogo

KittenTooth
12-22-2012, 1:36 PM
Certainly thinking about it. It runs and sounds like a little monster.. Not sure though.. would much rather spend time on my KZ1000 and get it running for when i turn 18 in January..