PDA

View Full Version : Crash bar question

SingSing
12-15-2012, 4:26 PM
OK Hello All out there I am Half Pint, Sing SIngs Ol'Lady.

OK so here is the question I have about a CRASH BAR.

We went down

So any way The Crash Bar was BENT and Saved a lot of damage that could have been ......

Can we bring it to a machine shop and have it straightened out.

Or

Should we just get a new one.

What do you Guys out there think.

Any one out there have any experience doing this Its a Lindby

cros36
12-15-2012, 4:40 PM
woah. i take some time off the forums and when i come back people are talking about fixing crash bars.
i hope everyone is healthy, but giving advice about fixing your crash bar is something that i dont really understand.

SingSing
12-15-2012, 4:42 PM
hey fellas...yeah that was my ol lady.... anyway, some old dude pushing 99 if her was pushin i year pinched me dead on in traffic. I feel fucked up cuz the OL was behind me. Thank god the crash bar saved alotta $$$ damage still im a bit fuckin banged up. The number one also. Laid her down on the right low...the drum brake shifter buried itself deep into my right ankle....im pretty fucked. Thank:( God the lady is good. Fuck the bike but she's also good. Hey, while im ai it anyone know a good home test to see if the top bends of the apes are flush, or maybe its just that my eyes are skewed after so many years of abuse....she sez that the apes arent bent but...i dunno...maybe its just me. Any test to see if both top bends of the apes are flush. Also, the original question bout if anyone knows anyone here who can re-straighten a Linby crash bar...its pretty severely bent. I know is gonna cost to get a new one. Thanks man, Peace.

inkedmonkey
12-15-2012, 5:28 PM
I would think you would be able to feel it in your arms if they were tweaked a little. Even if they are slightly off

SingSing
12-15-2012, 6:35 PM
I would think you would be able to feel it in your arms if they were tweaked a little. Even if they are slightly off

yeah Ink....i dunno..maybe its just my vast uncharted collection of neuroses but i just FEEL like they're a wee slight bit off flush..i dunno. My Ol lady swears that other than having to tighten the riser bolts they're good to go...anyway, both my arms have a slight crook at the elbow so i guess its just Kazoo my magical friend hoverin over my shoulder makin me see things that arent there....any answers to the bent crash bar question. I'll probably have to put my slightly pickled liver on ebay for a new one...shit.

SinisterRouge
12-15-2012, 7:08 PM
id probably get a new one, i dont like straightening parts like that, every time you re bend it it gets weaker from my understanding

SingSing
12-15-2012, 7:17 PM
Cool. Winter project then, brother Dead...Thanks.

BuddhahoodVato
12-15-2012, 8:19 PM
yeah Ink....i dunno..maybe its just my vast uncharted collection of neuroses but i just FEEL like they're a wee slight bit off flush..i dunno. My Ol lady swears that other than having to tighten the riser bolts they're good to go...anyway, both my arms have a slight crook at the elbow so i guess its just Kazoo my magical friend hoverin over my shoulder makin me see things that arent there....any answers to the bent crash bar question. I'll probably have to put my slightly pickled liver on ebay for a new one...shit.

Rape the bars, take them off and lay them down on the pavement. You will see if there off right away.

Bandersnatch
12-16-2012, 12:45 AM
Dude, a used crash bar is usually pretty cheap. 40-80 on the expensive side at a swap........ebay stuff is usually pretty cheap too. Less than a set of sixteens.

Oh, Glad yall ain't dead man. That's like a nightmare of mine to get in a wreck with my OL.
Keep yer chin up and don't let the bastards get you down.

Everything on the bike okay? Still runnable?

SingSing
12-16-2012, 6:51 AM
Dude, a used crash bar is usually pretty cheap. 40-80 on the expensive side at a swap........ebay stuff is usually pretty cheap too. Less than a set of sixteens.

Oh, Glad yall ain't dead man. That's like a nightmare of mine to get in a wreck with my OL.
Keep yer chin up and don't let the bastards get you down.

Everything on the bike okay? Still runnable?

Yeah Ban! Im good. Fuckin mummies drivin in NYC streets! Thanks! Be safe.

bigdaddy
12-16-2012, 8:06 PM
i agree. i bet you'll have as much wrapped up in labor as you would buying a used one.

Vince08859
12-17-2012, 2:26 PM
Get a new one.