PDA

View Full Version : Help/Tips/Links to make Shirts, Hats, Swag ?

vivalahotrod
12-14-2012, 6:19 PM
To get your shirts, hata and merch made?

I want to start making shirts and stuff so letr me know.

Viva

SquashThatFly
12-14-2012, 6:33 PM
www.graphicdisorder.com

I know Brandt and Shelly from way back and they do outstanding work. good people Very nicely priced and their turnaround time is outstanding.

motorlou
12-14-2012, 6:47 PM
To get your shirts, hata and merch made?

I want to start making shirts and stuff so letr me know.

Viva

hey bud, I am getting ready to post a "how to: screen print your own t'shirts" at home. I got everything I needed in the mail today so I will be taking pics to show anyone how to do it, pretty simple. I have been trying to get my logo printed for a while but no one seems to fall through for me. finally said fuck it! researched it and will do it my damn self. keep posted of the weekend sometime or possibly Monday cause of the rain

vivalahotrod
12-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Hey Lou!
I will be looking forward to your posy and what I can be getting myself into.

Viva

drseiss
12-15-2012, 10:10 AM
DIY isn't that hard but there is a learning curve. You're probably gonna fuck a few shirts up before you get it down. It is pretty fun though. I also had good luck with bluecollarmerch in the past.

motorlou
12-15-2012, 11:34 AM
I done my research. I am actually starting with something alittle more complex that requires 3 layers. hopefully I won't fuck it up like you said. everyone be forwarned though that the initial start up cost is a little more. for me I spent $140 on the materials but I will be able to make many shirts. after that it gets cheaper because I will only have to buy print screen if I want to change designs. I got several quotes for what I wanted at $100 for one shirt. I guess the main cost is labor for artwork and actually making the screen?

doomcycle
12-15-2012, 11:52 AM
I done my research. I am actually starting with something alittle more complex that requires 3 layers. hopefully I won't fuck it up like you said. everyone be forwarned though that the initial start up cost is a little more. for me I spent $140 on the materials but I will be able to make many shirts. after that it gets cheaper because I will only have to buy print screen if I want to change designs. I got several quotes for what I wanted at $100 for one shirt. I guess the main cost is labor for artwork and actually making the screen?

It basically happens like this: You start with the screen mesh which is stretched under tension around a frame (either wood or metal). The screen itself is available in different thread counts. The higher the thread count, the more detail it can hold when you burn your image to it (ie: process prints will need lots of threads, while a thick ink like white will need the least amount). The process of burning your image to the screen is very similar to a dark room that photographers use, or by using a special machine that sucks the screen down to your artwork and exposes it with a bright light (sort of like a big light table with a big rubber lid).

That right there is your biggest expense when ordering shirts. Preparing the screen and your artwork. You'll need a separate screen for each color in your image. If you're printing on black shirts, white will count as a color, or screen (ie: if it's just being used as a base for other colors to print on top of. Ever use crayons on black paper? Dull, right? That's why you need a base). After your first order, a shop typically won't charge you screen costs again to run that same design.

nunez8853
12-15-2012, 12:07 PM
dude printing is easy man iv been doing it with my tio for a few years now as side jobs, let me tell you though dont buy the crappy cheap shit, your shirts will twist and paint will fade after the first 2 or 3 washes and when that happens after some one dropped 20 bills on your shirts they are gonna be pissed.