PDA

View Full Version : It aint a motorcycle... but thats one hell of a Techumseh

KittenTooth
12-09-2012, 12:35 AM
I got the frame for free. When i got it it had a lawnboy 2 stroke motor on it with a big cylinder... sucks the kid that had it before me beat it so bad.. and by beat i dont mean pulling wheelies and doing burnouts, i mean lazily putting regular gas in it because it was too much work to mix some oil in there.. The techumseh 2 stroke i got came off of a snow scooper thing that was in a scrap pile. Felt like it had good compression so i mounted a Lifan 100cc dirtbike carb to it and this is what i got. If its bad to post Youtube links on here let me know right away and ill pull them off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmwEA5-0wWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvAfd7glaYo

And below are some pics of the finished pile of crap :D its slow as hell, really loud, and starts after about 20 pulls :cool:

Rubman
12-09-2012, 12:50 AM
And below are some pics of the finished pile of crap :D its slow as hell, really loud, and starts after about 20 pulls :cool:

replace "pulls" with "kicks" and you're describing the bikes of half the members on this forum :D

nah man, good job with the scoot though. that's definitely pretty good ingenuity.

KittenTooth
12-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Thanks man. i've seen alot of other people put motorcycle carbs on small engines and i wanted to do it myself. Im building a 1962 4hp briggs up and its going to run a mikuni carb off of a Yamaha MX100. Can't wait to fire it up next.

Jetblack
12-09-2012, 1:31 AM
Hell yeah; my first two wheeled machine at 7 years old was a mini bike...the old frames I had were in a pile behind my parents pump house; I was going to road trip and get them all; 2 of my first and a third random frame from somewhere...I put off the trip til later; then that next week their pump house caught on fire, a barn with a 73' Deville, a 5th wheel and the woods behind it, and all my mini stuff got burned up and ran over by a dozer trying to keep the fire contained. :(

My second minibike was fun as shit; I didn't get allowance or paid for chores, so a throttle cable was hard to come by...I rigged a piece of nylon string to just pull the throttle by hand. I just had a steel pipe for a muffler it would shoot 5 or 6 inch flames out of the pipe at full string, that thing was rad. Dropped that motor on a Silver Streak go cart later...not as fun; traded that for a drum set.

Knuckleduster
12-09-2012, 7:37 AM
haha that thing kicks ass man. It reminds me of when I was a young'en. My dad had obtained an old riding lawnmower, now this wasn't an ordinary rider, the mow deck had been removed, as well as the cutting blade. I'm not real sure what had been done to the motor, but the wheelie bars that were attached on the back were a REQUIREMENT, because when you'd take off on it, it'd be on the back wheels for about 15' - 20', many a fun summertime afternoons.