PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Meet, Bash at the Beach location thread

REV
02-01-2010, 4:51 PM
ok, so heres what ive come up with and i need yalls help.

i want there to be something for us CC guys (and friends) to meet up on the Right Coast, as can be found here http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2425

I have the poll listed above to get a better idea of where YOU guys want it. I see theres interest, so lets get the ball rolling.

Part of me wants to try to do it close to smoke out east, but well see.

This would be a party, not a ride. you bring yourself & your bike, a tent and good times. Obviously I hope to hold this some place where we can jump in the ocean.

Heres the big thing with this thread. Please vote on a state, and if you know of a place on the coast, biker friendly, and will let us set up tents then after voting please post that (and if you know of a camp spot, post a link maybe?) I will try to do as much leg work as I can on this, but I could use the help of whomever would be near in the host state. I am in Charleston SC, and am boycotting Myrtle Beach till they pull their heads out of their collective asses about the helmet laws.

Please note, a place to pitch a tent is about the biggest thing. If your cousins brothers sister in law's husband has a patch of land that he said you could use any time, we need to be able to get ACTUAL permission. Friends helping bikers are great, especially if they know were coming!

KingPynn
02-01-2010, 5:28 PM
hows about maine, somewhere close to the border?

nick5
02-01-2010, 6:49 PM
Cool man, thanks for the poll.

MotorCityOutlaw
02-01-2010, 7:41 PM
Maine would be close to me, I will be living somewhere between Portland and Newburyport by then, but I am down for almost anywhere depending on my patrol schedule.

Nicko
02-01-2010, 8:06 PM
Why not pick somewhere in the middle instead of having it at one end or the other? Maine is nice and all, but that's way past the Mason Dixon line...

me
02-01-2010, 9:02 PM
man i would love somethin in SC...its a 5-6 hr ride just to get outta my state (FL) so its a little rough with the other responsibilities i have. if it where in NC...i would try my damedest to make it...i would have to say VA just might be to much for me...but until a date is set i can't say for certain

Brandon
02-01-2010, 9:14 PM
In case some of yall missed it. Its been narrowed down to just a couple of states. VA NC SC and MD trying to keep it in the middle of the east coast. Thanks

REV
02-01-2010, 9:28 PM
personally, id like to see it around NC and VA.

If we could hit VA, especially if we did this around the smoke out, we could have a fun ass ride there. I am looking more toward VA beach/NC border.

If we did NC, it wouldnt be as blazing hot as SC, and we'd be right around the corner. Im starting to look into local places in both states, as well as laws.

too far north, you have NJ and Gypsy run, south, you have the Daytona guys. and comeon, florida isnt realy south

Brandon
02-01-2010, 9:42 PM
personally, id like to see it around NC and VA.

If we could hit VA, especially if we did this around the smoke out, we could have a fun ass ride there.

If we did NC, it wouldnt be as blazing hot as SC, and we'd be right around the corner. Im starting to look into local places in both states, as well as laws.

too far north, you have NJ and Gypsy run, south, you have the Daytona guys. and comeon, florida isnt realy south

I agree like mentioned before the Eastern Shore of VA is an awesome place to ride country roads for miles. Plus there is beachfront as well. Also you find the right campground over there they will probably bend over backwards for a large group to come spend some money, its not a big tourist destination. Im on the coast of VA let me know if i can help you out in any way...

wargasm
02-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Why not pick somewhere in the middle instead of having it at one end or the other? Maine is nice and all, but that's way past the Mason Dixon line...

And my white trashdom does not allow me to cross. It's true, I swear.

jpswino
02-01-2010, 11:00 PM
I will already be on a ride to the Smokeout East during that particular weekend. Hopefully we can make it coincide rather than collide with the Smokeout. Look forward to meeting yall.

reverendpk9
02-02-2010, 2:49 AM
Moma said "you gotta draw the line somewhere and it better be the Mason-Dixon"

REV
02-02-2010, 5:48 AM
I will already be on a ride to the Smokeout East during that particular weekend. Hopefully we can make it coincide rather than collide with the Smokeout. Look forward to meeting yall.

oh yeah, i am NOT planning to try to do it during the SOE. i was thinking before or after. if people would be ok with mid week, then we could meet up like, tues/weds before and have a ride down to SOE. just a thought. or do it the beginning of the week after and call it the Recovery Room.

DeesButts
02-02-2010, 6:01 AM
when are we looking to do this?

wllgmr
02-02-2010, 2:02 PM
VA's winning! 757! Geeks!

Brandon
02-02-2010, 2:21 PM
VA's winning! 757! Geeks!

Get them peanut boys to trow their votes up here so we can have us a party...........

reverendpk9
02-03-2010, 10:17 PM
There have got to be more bad news, p-town, dirtyburg, and rva guys down for a homestate run. 2 up 2 down for life.

wllgmr
02-05-2010, 7:32 AM
Get them peanut boys to trow their votes up here so we can have us a party...........

They dont know how to read or write but they all have cooler bikes than me so.....

reverendpk9
02-06-2010, 10:58 PM
When are we going to end this and get a date set before this thread gets burried?

REV
02-07-2010, 2:43 AM
ive been looking into places. im 99% sure i have the area thatll work narrowed down. kinda waiting before i make another thread.

me
02-07-2010, 8:49 AM
oh yeah, i am NOT planning to try to do it during the SOE. i was thinking before or after. if people would be ok with mid week, then we could meet up like, tues/weds before and have a ride down to SOE. just a thought. or do it the beginning of the week after and call it the Recovery Room.

this is a pritty cool idea...all ridding down the the SOE after chillin for a couple a days together. I'm planin on attending the SOE and if i can get it cleared with my school schedual would be happy to leave 3-4 days earlier to meet up north then ride back down to the SO with yall

reverendpk9
02-19-2010, 11:54 PM
We still thinking about this, or is this off? Kinda got burried.

REV
02-20-2010, 8:26 AM
im talking with a few camp sites and getting lists made of things like local vendors and what not. right now im looking into who can offer the best deal for us. im shooting for the VA/NC border

reverendpk9
02-20-2010, 9:54 AM
like emporia? There are a lot of camp sites on the john kerr dam, like bugs island which has a beach on a big lake and pretty accessable by intersate for those riding long distance. Let me know what I can do to help.

Brandon
02-20-2010, 11:53 AM
like emporia? There are a lot of camp sites on the john kerr dam, like bugs island which has a beach on a big lake and pretty accessable by intersate for those riding long distance. Let me know what I can do to help.

I know these things are super hard to set up. I did a one day "poker run" and it took me a month to make everyone happy. BUT if you dont know already Emporia is DICKHEAD COP CITY if you have this event there people will get tickets. Spring is right around the coner, dont take all the burden of this yourself, there are a bunch of us in tidewater that will give you a hand. Let us know

rockaphilly
02-20-2010, 12:02 PM
I know these things are super hard to set up. I did a one day "poker run" and it took me a month to make everyone happy. BUT if you dont know already Emporia is DICKHEAD COP CITY if you have this event there people will get tickets. Spring is right around the coner, dont take all the burden of this yourself, there are a bunch of us in tidewater that will give you a hand. Let us know

I second that! Emporia is ticket central. It is a small town that has no real income except tickets so they write a shit ton of them.

REV
02-20-2010, 1:49 PM
i was thinking a little further up. there seems to be a nice little island with a lot of camping.