PDA

View Full Version : Baumholder, Germay?

gyro
11-03-2012, 4:02 AM
Soooo im still in Afghanistan and it still sucks. I should be home pretty soon but i got orders to Baumholder, Germany. is anybody else out there or does anybody know anything about the area? I looked at local laws and I am pretty sure my bike is not going to be legal there. I dont know if they actually enforce their laws but if so my bike can't go. Any way just lookng to see if anybody is outhere or knows about the area.

Jetblack
11-03-2012, 4:28 AM
This should help answer some questions: http://www.timberwoof.com/motorcycle/faq/europe.html
I have seen some custom German bikes, not much different than many here...if you search "German Google" then use it you'll get German results; then you can read about the scene there.

I do this quite a bit with other countries Google for all sorts of shit. If you just use the US one you're just going to get US results.

Bandersnatch
11-04-2012, 3:13 PM
MitchMotors is out in Germany...........ifn yer just looking for like minded 33'rs out that way.

gyro
11-05-2012, 8:44 AM
yeah pretty much just looking to see if there is any body out there that might be cool to hang out with or to wrench and ride with. im not gonna be able to bring most of the shit in my garage and I'm gonna go nutz with out my tools and all the other crap in my garage.

DOTY
12-18-2012, 5:31 AM
I live in K-town its like 20 mins from Baumholder, But I'm almost out the Door I go on transitional leave in FEB. I'm ETSing a couple months after that! When do you get in country? As far as getting your bike passed inspection. Baumholder is not as bad as k-Town because the army runs it up their and in K-town the Air force run it and it can be a hassle. I had my new bike in stock condition and I paid for the 2 year inspection on the thing then I stripped it back down. I then just use the same plate and run it on my other bikes. The registration just says Black HD and the year all my bikes are black so I have never had a problem yet, But I have been lucky and try to dodge the Polizei at all cost ! Also any kind of bike party or fest the cops wait outside it for everyone to leave and breathalyze rider as they leave the fest grounds. All in all Europe is awesome, A lot of people ride. There is a shit ton of clubs and party's and events going on. Just pick up a biker news from a gas station and you will find everything !

DOTY
12-18-2012, 5:33 AM
Also try to learn German, Its not to hard, I suck at it and wish I tried to learn more. It will help you out in finding out whats going on and making friends !

contentious
12-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Ahhh the Rock. Always a good time.

gyro
01-03-2013, 11:17 AM
I get out there in June. I really can't afford a new bike w/o selling the one I have so I'm gonna try to sell it. its only a sportster so i can always find another later but If no one buys it I really won't be mad if I have to keep it.

gyro
01-03-2013, 11:21 AM
I hear the weather is fucked up out there and snows a lot. The fucking place is called the rock! You know what kinds of places are called the rock? Fucked up shitty places, like jails and shit. Fuck this is gonna suck.