PDA

View Full Version : NH Rep trying to establish Helmet and Exhaust restrictions...

NHMike
01-27-2010, 7:29 AM
There's a public hearing in Concord at the State House on Jan. 28 at 9:30 in regards to this. I wish I was home so I could attend, but I'm away for work. I'd luck out, having an older bike, it looks like emissions laws won't effect anything older than 1982, but to HAVE to wear a helmet?? It's a choice that "I" should be able to make. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. Anyhow, if you're from NH, or RIDE in NH you should try to attend and contact your reps to tell them how you feel.

Here are the bills:

For Noise:

10-2272

03/10

HOUSE BILL 1261

AN ACT relative to motorcycle noise emission controls.

SPONSORS: Rep. J. Day, Rock 13; Rep. Kepner, Rock 15; Rep. Henson, Rock 13; Rep. Borden, Rock 18

COMMITTEE: Transportation

ANALYSIS

This bill prohibits operation of certain motorcycles without required emission systems labels.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Explanation: Matter added to current law appears in bold italics.

Matter removed from current law appears [in brackets and struckthrough.]

Matter which is either (a) all new or (b) repealed and reenacted appears in regular type.

10-2272

03/10

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Ten

AN ACT relative to motorcycle noise emission controls.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

1 New Section; Emission System Labels. Amend RSA 266 by inserting after section 76 the following new section:

266:76-a Emission System Labels.

I. No person shall operate a motorcycle manufactured after December 31, 1982 that does not bear the emissions system label required by 40 C.F.R. part 205, subparts D and E.

II. The fine for a violation of this section shall be $300.

2 Effective Date. This act shall take effect 60 days after its passage.

For Helmets:

10-2318

03/04

HOUSE BILL 1162

AN ACT relative to the wearing of motorcycle protective headgear.

SPONSORS: Rep. J. Day, Rock 13

COMMITTEE: Transportation

ANALYSIS

This bill requires motorcycle operators to wear protective headgear.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Explanation: Matter added to current law appears in bold italics.

Matter removed from current law appears [in brackets and struckthrough.]

Matter which is either (a) all new or (b) repealed and reenacted appears in regular type.

10-2318

03/04

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Ten

AN ACT relative to the wearing of motorcycle protective headgear.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

1 Protective Headgear. Amend RSA 265:122 to read as follows:

265:122 Protective Headgear.

I. No person [less than 18 years of age may] shall drive or ride upon a motorcycle unless he or she wears protective headgear of a type approved by the director. Such headgear shall be equipped with either a neck or chin strap.

II. The director [is hereby authorized and empowered to] shall adopt rules pursuant to RSA260:5 covering the types of protective headgear and the specifications therefor and to establish and maintain a list of approved headgear which meet [his] the directors established specifications.

III. [If federal law is altered so that the mandatory wearing of protective headgear on motorcycles by persons less than 18 years of age is not required as a condition to the receipt by the state of any federal funds, paragraphs I and II shall be void.

IV.] Any motorcycle operator who transports a person [under the age of 18 years], when such person is in violation of paragraph I, shall be guilty of a violation.

2 Effective Date. This act shall take effect January 1, 2011.

Homebrew
01-27-2010, 9:25 AM
They try this crap every year and it keeps getting closer to passing. I wish they would worry about themselves and let me take care of me, hell I have managed for 40 years now.

Isgro
01-27-2010, 9:31 AM
Is SEMA aware of this legislation? They're pretty good about going to bat for the people on shit like this. Being a Masshole I can say that it's the fucktards from down here who have moved up there that are causing this type of shit. I apologize for those liberal tards. Who can I contact Mike? Contacting my Mass state representatives certainly won't help up there. Let me know.

NHMike
01-27-2010, 9:52 AM
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/members/housemembers.html

turtle
01-27-2010, 2:20 PM
we been shit on all my riding life with the helmet crap