PDA

View Full Version : Any OKC choppers out there????

Pages : [1] 2 3

67sicBonney
10-08-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm in Midwest City, OK. bout 15min east of OKC and was hoping to hook up with some like-minded choppers out there.......

Revelation
10-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Found out thursday I'm moving there in 2 weeks. Most likely the Moore area for now

67sicBonney
10-15-2012, 6:59 AM
Right on man..... Hey Moore is a pretty cool town man you'll prolly dig it... easy axcess to OKC north and Norman south. The place is growin quick.!

Revelation
10-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Right on man..... Hey Moore is a pretty cool town man you'll prolly dig it... easy axcess to OKC north and Norman south. The place is growin quick.!

I was in OKC from 01-05 and it has changed a lot since I left this is more than likely a short term thing I'd like to be in the Yukon Mustang area but that has gotten expensive out there but I think Moore is going to be a good choice. Affordable, not ghetto and like you said easy access to everything

Doc14
10-19-2012, 8:40 AM
Yep got a good little group of riders up north of ya in Ponca City. Ride and Wrench. If we organize anything or go on some rides we will give ya a shout. Best thing in oklahoma is Just Kickers down south in the mountains.

Revelation
10-25-2012, 4:52 PM
I'm ready to go check out just kickers

i'll be loading up the uhaul tomorrow i'll be an okie again late saturday

Sa200
10-27-2012, 8:44 PM
I'm working in Shawnee gonna be there for a couple months. I work 6-10's but up for whatever on Sundays. Came home today bringing my bike back with me.

ampzz
10-29-2012, 8:46 PM
33'er here in Edmond/OKC. I'm ready to check out Just Kickers too, hasn't worked out to be able to go the past couple of years. Also, myself and 1 other local are making our arrangements for the 2013 El Diablo Run if anyone else is thinking about going...

Sa200
10-30-2012, 4:54 PM
So I spent all night Saturday chopping on my fender and mounting a seat so I could do some riding when I got back up here. Long story short I didn't like it so in the corner it all went. I know its a stretch but do any of you local guys have any old fenders you'd sale. Doesn't really matter what type as long as I can cut, drill, weld whatever to make it work and get on the road even if it's just temporary. Bike is a 81 fxe, gonna run a biltwell solo if that helps at all. Not looking for any hand outs. Have cash and will drive to you, just thought if this works out it would be faster than ordering something on line. I don't have much time up here and would rather spend it riding than waiting on parts.

ampzz
10-30-2012, 9:43 PM
So I spent all night Saturday chopping on my fender and mounting a seat so I could do some riding when I got back up here. Long story short I didn't like it so in the corner it all went. I know its a stretch but do any of you local guys have any old fenders you'd sale. Doesn't really matter what type as long as I can cut, drill, weld whatever to make it work and get on the road even if it's just temporary. Bike is a 81 fxe, gonna run a biltwell solo if that helps at all. Not looking for any hand outs. Have cash and will drive to you, just thought if this works out it would be faster than ordering something on line. I don't have much time up here and would rather spend it riding than waiting on parts.

This is all I've got, its from a dyna but I've already chopped it down quite a bit before I decided to go in a different direction....its all yours if its something that would work for you. Otherwise, give the guys at Freedom Cycles a shout. They almost always have old fenders in their "used parts" bin that you can pick up on the cheap.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2mgmp1i.jpg

Sa200
10-31-2012, 5:53 PM
Hey Ampzz that's mighty fine of you! It's guys like you that make this sight what it is. Unfortunately that's the same fender I had and cut it up the same way! Just didn't flow with the seat I had but I should have a new seat Friday so I'll just stick mine on there till I find something different. Maybe I'll have time to get by that shop you mentioned one day this week. Thanks again bud and let me know if you wanna grab a beer or need any help with anything. Have a welder, grinders and hand tools on my truck.

ampzz
10-31-2012, 8:13 PM
Right on. Freedom is the place to go for stuff like that. They are closed Sunday and Monday but they're easy to get off right off I-35 on the South Side of the city.

I'm always game for a beer; work schedule permitting!

Revelation
11-07-2012, 8:38 PM
got moved and the 2nd day here broke my collar bone:banghead: wont be on the bike for about a month. I'm up to hang out though

Sa200
11-09-2012, 7:29 PM
Still don't have my bike together. Did go by freedom cycles tho and yes that place kicks Ass! Real nice guys too. Anyway I'm up for hanging out Saturday night if y'all know of any hole in the wall type places.

2wheeladdict
11-10-2012, 6:49 AM
I went to just kickers last year. I had to go at it alone. None of my buddies would go, they said it was because they didnt have kick start bikes. I think they were just being lazy. Got to see some cool bikes. Freedoms is the place to go when you need parts locally. Dont think there is anything else in the area and the always have what I need.

ampzz
11-10-2012, 10:41 AM
I'd be game to meet ya'll somewhere tonight. Got things to do today but let me know if/where you go and I'll try and meet up.

Knuckleduster
11-10-2012, 1:34 PM
I'm in OKC, but don't really ride my scoot much (yet) due to legality issues.

Revelation
11-10-2012, 5:59 PM
went by frredom today but they were closed for the week for their yearly vacation. looked like a cool place though. i'll try them again

ampzz
11-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah I heard that they were closed from a buddy also. Good for them, lord knows everyone needs a vacation now and then.

Revelation
11-14-2012, 10:32 PM
anybody know anything about a Jacks cycle barn in Moore off Bryant? just heard about it an hour ago

ampzz
11-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Never heard of them. What are you looking to get / have done?

Revelation
11-15-2012, 7:30 PM
i just wanna get out of the house and look at bike stuff.

ampzz
11-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Ah right on. Swing by School House Cycles in Norman too then. Tom there is an Ironhead wizard. If you want to check out some really cool collections go to Performance Cycles in OKC and ask if you can see the upstairs...its practically a museum of old race bikes. There is also an pretty cool motorcycle museum off of Rte 66 in Warwick, OK...about 15 or 20 miles east of I-35.

Revelation
11-17-2012, 11:21 AM
I forgot about school house from the 1st time I lived here, I need to go by there

Knuckleduster
11-18-2012, 7:32 AM
The museum in Warwick is called Seba Station and it is an old DX gas station. You can go straight down Hwy 66 East to get there, its a pretty good ride, watch your speed through Luther / Arcadia
You can stop at POPS for a soda or piss break, then there is "The Biker Shack" that sells patches and leathers in Arcadia, across from the famous round barn. Past that there is a few twisties then the small town of Warwick (Warwick is just 8-10miles or so East of Wellston) The curator Mr. Jerry Ries, is super nice, and will talk your ear off all day if you let him. They have swap meets, ride ins, show's, etc.
I do think it is THE ONLY MOTORCYCLE MUSEUM IN THE STATE. Support kool shit !, Throw a buck or two in the donation pot or buy a shirt, everything helps keep their lights on.
heres a link http://www.seabastation.com

Revelation
11-18-2012, 9:10 AM
The museum in Warwick is called Seba Station and it is an old DX gas station. You can go straight down Hwy 66 East to get there, its a pretty good ride, watch your speed through Luther / Arcadia
You can stop at POPS for a soda or piss break, then there is "The Biker Shack" that sells patches and leathers in Arcadia, across from the famous round barn. Past that there is a few twisties then the small town of Warwick (Warwick is just 8-10miles or so East of Wellston) The curator Mr. Jerry Ries, is super nice, and will talk your ear off all day if you let him. They have swap meets, ride ins, show's, etc.
I do think it is THE ONLY MOTORCYCLE MUSEUM IN THE STATE. Support kool shit !, Throw a buck or two in the donation pot or buy a shirt, everything helps keep their lights on.
heres a link http://www.seabastation.com

awesome, I may run up there next weekend

isnt there a bike musem up in Miami? or am i wrong?

ampzz
11-18-2012, 10:25 AM
awesome, I may run up there next weekend

isnt there a bike musem up in Miami? or am i wrong?

Yep, haven't been to it though.

67sicBonney
11-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Been outa pocket had shoulder surgery few weeks ago but glad to see some hits on this thread....prolly shouldnt ride for a couple of months but let me know where ya meet up and i'm always down for a beer and chop talk... btw been goin to 'freedom cycle for 20+ years and their great people fo sho:cheersmate:

Revelation
11-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Been outa pocket had shoulder surgery few weeks ago but glad to see some hits on this thread....prolly shouldnt ride for a couple of months but let me know where ya meet up and i'm always down for a beer and chop talk... btw been goin to 'freedom cycle for 20+ years and their great people fo sho:cheersmate:

I'm right there with you, i broke my collar bone 3 weeks ago today, be about a month before I get to ride again.........if it's not snowing

ampzz
11-18-2012, 2:11 PM
At least at this rate we'll have 65 degree days in December!

Revelation
11-18-2012, 4:36 PM
At least at this rate we'll have 65 degree days in December!

true

I'd like 1 good snow storm just because i love snow then good riding weather the rest of the winter

67sicBonney
11-19-2012, 7:15 AM
Yup, pretty lucky most winters here .... always a good day every few week at least...

Sa200
11-20-2012, 5:53 AM
That museum is about 20 minutes from where Im working, drove by it today just to figure out where it was at. Probably gonna go next Sunday if any of y'all wanna check it out.

Revelation
11-20-2012, 6:33 PM
Went by Freedom today, cool stuff i liked it couple of 75 year old RUB's making fun of my metric that was in the bed of my truck since i havent unloaded it yet since i broke my collar bone moving here. makes me like my bike that much more now:)

ampzz
11-20-2012, 7:30 PM
Went by Freedom today, cool stuff i liked it couple of 75 year old RUB's making fun of my metric that was in the bed of my truck since i havent unloaded it yet since i broke my collar bone moving here. makes me like my bike that much more now:)

Yeah, you'll get that....I usually get the "How far can you get on that tank? How far have you actually ridden it, it looks uncomfortable" speel from a couple of randoms in the parking lot.

Revelation
11-20-2012, 10:21 PM
i laughed honestly. the guy was like anybody who would ride that would ride anything. I should have said i'll ride anything but an ultra classic like yours
he had to be in his 70's so it didnt bother me

ampzz
11-23-2012, 8:02 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll!

2wheeladdict
11-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Anyone planning on going to the swap meet on sunday?

Sa200
11-26-2012, 5:50 PM

Where is this swap meet at? I was told we are gonna work 7/12's till we're done, starting this week but ya never know might get a break.

ampzz
11-26-2012, 10:08 PM

Where is it? Fair grounds? I could be in for that.

2wheeladdict
11-27-2012, 5:34 AM
Centennial Building at the fair grounds.

Sa200
11-28-2012, 7:43 AM
Its supposed to be 73 degrees Sunday! I thought about hitting the swap meet up early in my truck cuz I may haul some shit up there. Then riding my bike to the museum later that afternoon. Anybody in? Also I was thinking about hauling one of my bikes to the swap meet just in case I saw something worth trading for. Anyone know if there are ever any cool bikes there, any of you guys got the itch to trade? Mines a 81 fxe. Clean title in my name. Ive been playing with fender and seat options so neither is on the bike but I have a couple fenders and a couple of seats. Don't need a project as I'm on the road ALL the damn time.

Revelation
11-28-2012, 9:45 PM
what time is the swap meet and any cost to get in?

ampzz
11-28-2012, 9:58 PM
I've only been to it once but there was some cool stuff for older bikes there.. Its $6 to get in to it. I'm game for swap meet and/or a ride during the day. Have the first Christmas party of the season to go to at 6pm though.

The swap starts at 9:00am and goes til 4:00pm.. Its $6 to get in.

Revelation
11-29-2012, 9:37 AM
ill prolly roll up there around 1ish

Sa200
11-29-2012, 6:42 PM
Im in Ampzz. Prolly be at the swap when it opens so I can get outta there pretty quick, hopefully with some good loot! Prolly go ride around noon or maybe 1:00. Just depends on the swap meet I guess. I'll be looking sophisticated on my (brand new to me)BMW that my OL surprised me with last weekend. Maybe I can find the right fender at the meet for my shovel and have it back on the road too before this weather breaks. But I'm still open for trades to fellas!
Here's my cell 903-640-3257
Any of you guys can text me whenever y'all wanna ride or drink or whatever. Also I have welding truck full of tools and my trailer up here if any of ya get in a bind. Just don't text me a 2:00 am drunk and outta gas!!!

ampzz
11-29-2012, 8:29 PM
Right on. I'll probably plan on getting there a little afterwards. 10ish. I have an aversion to being anywhere at 9am on a Sunday.

Knuckleduster
12-02-2012, 8:16 AM
Figures, when I hear about the swap, its the day of it, and of course, I'm stuck having to go to work, fuck me runnin'! I might be done early today though, maybe I can make it to the swap by 3ish, I know everyone will likely be rolling up by then, but W.T.F I may as well try and make it. I might find something kool that I can't afford, but will end up buying it anyways.
If I don't make it, maybe I can catch some of ya'll at the next bike show, Feb 16 & 17, 2013

HAHA turned out I told my bro there was a swap today and he totally blew off work for a few hours so we could go fuck around at the swap, he ended up getting a tag mount and some other shit, i just fucked off. See ya'll at the BIG show in Feb.

ampzz
12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Great riding weather today....not every year that you can say you went riding in December with short sleeves on.

Knuckleduster
12-03-2012, 5:48 AM
Great riding weather today....not every year that you can say you went riding in December with short sleeves on.

No shit,..... is this really December, .. pinch me, this may be a dream.

Nimrod
12-07-2012, 2:14 PM
Chopper in Edmond here. Weather certainly went to shit. Got to ride to the swap meet last weekend though. Wasnt shit there that i need though.

ampzz
12-08-2012, 9:24 PM
Yeah I met up with SA200 at the swap and it was pretty lack luster. Only a fraction of what there is most times.

Nimrod
12-11-2012, 5:03 PM
Any of you guys ever deal with Blue Collar Choppers at SE 59th and I-35?

ampzz
12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Any of you guys ever deal with Blue Collar Choppers at SE 59th and I-35?

No sir. I have never heard anything about them.

Revelation
12-12-2012, 10:24 PM
I saw the sign the other day thats about all i know of them

ampzz
12-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Whos riding tomorrow? Supposed to be a pretty nice day..

Revelation
12-16-2012, 3:37 PM
wish I was, I got my bike back running again friday. Too many things going on today
I need to go take my MSF so I can get my endorsement. I heard OK laws are strict about having it. I rode everyday when i lived in TX without it and nothing ever happened

ampzz
12-17-2012, 8:54 PM
wish I was, I got my bike back running again friday. Too many things going on today
I need to go take my MSF so I can get my endorsement. I heard OK laws are strict about having it. I rode everyday when i lived in TX without it and nothing ever happened

I rode for years in Virginia without mine. I got pulled over on my bike 3 times in Oklahoma without my endorsement and as long as everything else was kosher(registration, insurance, not riding recklessly) the cops just asked me when I planned on getting it. I finally did last year. Took the class on their 125cc machines, that exempts you from the riding portion of the test.

Rexxis
12-17-2012, 10:55 PM
I just finished up the MSF course the weekend before last. That class waives both the riding and written tests now. Worth it.

I'm in OKC near NE 23rd and Penn. My bike isn't quite done yet but it's nearly there, just having some electrical issues. Looks like Ampzz is coming over this sunday to try and help me out. Anybody else here know much abt electrical systems? Anybody here would be a welcome addition in the shop on Sunday and I'll provide plenty of Pabst Blue Ribbon in exchange for your electrical wizardry. Haha. Hopefully the weather will be fair, 'sposed to be in the 50's

Nice to see another welder/33er here in OKC Sa200.

Revelation
12-17-2012, 11:41 PM
I suck at electrical I had to take intro to electrical engeneering in college :eek::confused: I passed with a D only because I dont think the prof. wanted me back

A little birdie told me I was getting my MSF paid for for Christmas

ampzz
12-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Yeah I met up and rode with Sa200 at the swap meet the other weekend. Hes good people! I know just as much about welding and fabrication as I do about nail polish and manicures: jack shit; so any time I can help out a welder I'm game!

ampzz
12-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Today I'm actually pissed. Blew a head gasket on my Sportster. Not a huge deal there. Go to Freedom for parts, get home and disassemble the bike down to the base gaskets. Replace cylinder studs and reassemble. Go to torque the head down and realize they gave me the wrong fucking cylinder studs.

Knuckleduster
12-19-2012, 8:17 AM
Likely just a honest mistake (perhaps they were looking at the correct ones, but picked up the ones next to them) , I've NEVER done anything like that before, :D. Still aggravating, I'm sure.

Unfortunately, no riding for me for awhile, until I get the Trident put back together. If any of ya'll want to come hang out in my dank, dim lit garage, drink beer and what not, while I try to figure out the Trident (a.k.a stare at the engine and frame for countless hours on end), you'd be more than welcomed. I am actually in need of some welding services in the near future, I just need to have a tail piece welded onto my swingarm (as I removed about 5" in length), and maybe a tab or two. I have not gotten them prepared for welding yet, but thought I'd put it out there that I am going to be in need of welding services in the near future, will trade beer/etc.for services. I'm around the 50th and Classen area, (405)537-2395 I met up with the guys in Ponca City last year,what a blast, but would really like to meet you other local's.

2wheeladdict
12-19-2012, 6:00 PM
So far I've been pretty good at wiring. I've wired up a few bikes from scratch. I do quite a bit of wiring at work. HVAC product development lab. Its easy money, you just have to put up with a bunch of dumb asses. I just put an electric start on my shovel. I hope to have it all buttoned up by the first. I would like to help out but the wife and kids are going out of town this weekend.

Rexxis
12-19-2012, 7:04 PM
I can probably help you out. Is the swing arm off the bike? I'd have to take it to work w me. It'd be all tig though. Is it steel? I don't have a ton of experience w aluminum but im pretty slick when it comes to carbon steel and stainless.

How are your electrical skills when it comes to bikes, I want to learn not just pay to have it done. I'm considering paying mouse at A&A cycle salvage to teach me how this electrical stuff works. If you ride a metric bike and you haven't been there yet, you need to go.

Look at this, this is just a portion of it, it's impossible to take pictures of everything that's there.
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb467/BradFeagins/ad8ff12d.jpg
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb467/BradFeagins/797ec324.jpg
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb467/BradFeagins/355683a6.jpg

ampzz
12-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Yeah I'm less pissed at Freedom specifically and more just at wasted effort. Got the right studs on order today so I'll have it back up and running for the new year.

Rexxis
12-20-2012, 7:30 AM
I just saw your post 2wheels. I would really appreciate any help you can offer. What I'm really wanting to learn is how to test the different components of the system and how to use my meter properly to troubleshoot. Thing like testing the output of my stator and checking my regulator leave me scratching my head.

Knuckleduster
12-20-2012, 8:49 AM
I can probably help you out. Is the swing arm off the bike? I'd have to take it to work w me. It'd be all tig though. Is it steel? I don't have a ton of experience w aluminum but im pretty slick when it comes to carbon steel and stainless.

How are your electrical skills when it comes to bikes, I want to learn not just pay to have it done. I'm considering paying mouse at A&A cycle salvage to teach me how this electrical stuff works. If you ride a metric bike and you haven't been there yet, you need to go. ................

Yes the swing arm is off the bike, but the part I am needing to be welded is the tail section itself, not the actual swing arm. It is not attached to the bike, I will try to get it sanded down and ready for welding this weekend (if I don't have to work) It is not Aluminum, it is the factory Triumph frame.

I am eh so so with wiring, I am no expert by any means, but I was able to completely rewire my 44 year old Trident w/ electronic ign. in a weekend ( a little different than a twin). I have several multi meters, though I'm not sure any of them work, I just use a 12v test light, to find hot wires, or faults. Personally, I would NEVER pay someone to teach me something. You have an encyclopedia of information available to you right at your finger tips, use the internet to your advantage. I have not been to A&A, though I have passed by several times, and I always think to myself "man I should go there one of these day's" Although, I kind of doubt they will have any Triumph parts, might be fun to fuck off there for an afternoon. I also must add, that is a damn nice looking girder in the bottom pic.

2wheeladdict
12-20-2012, 3:44 PM
You guys suck. You made me talk about my wiring skills. Now today I got my starter wired up and push the button. Everything went dead but my tail light. Been out here trouble shooting for the last couple hours. I guess that's what I get for speaking up.

Knuckleduster
12-20-2012, 4:13 PM
You guys suck. You made me talk about my wiring skills. Now today I got my starter wired up and push the button. Everything went dead but my tail light. Been out here trouble shooting for the last couple hours. I guess that's what I get for speaking up.

Did it turn over at all or show any signs of firing? Are you positive that you have wired it correctly? Check your connections? One of the first things I would check is the battery,(if applicable) even if you think its hot, even if it has "spark" , drop it on a charger for half an hour and test again. You can try this, disconnect all of your lighting and see if it fires up, if it does you may not have been getting enough amps/voltage to run the lighting and the starter at the same time, starters take a lot of juice. Something you may consider, a kill switch for your lighting. This would allow you to kill the lights while hitting the starter button, and then turn them on once the bike is running. A Boyer light delay will do this automatically. *(there may be other brands of light delays, I'm uncertain)

I just finished up the MSF course the weekend before last. That class waives both the riding and written tests now. Worth it.
I'm in OKC near NE 23rd and Penn. My bike isn't quite done yet but it's nearly there, just having some electrical issues. Looks like Ampzz is coming over this sunday to try and help me out. Anybody else here know much abt electrical systems? Anybody here would be a welcome addition in the shop on Sunday and I'll provide plenty of Pabst Blue Ribbon in exchange for your electrical wizardry. Haha. Hopefully the weather will be fair, 'sposed to be in the 50's
Nice to see another welder/33er here in OKC Sa200.

If I don't end up having to go to El Reno for work Sunday I'll hit you up Rexxis. I'm not a bike mechanic, nor an electrician, But, I'm pretty good at handing folks tools, getting in the way, and bouncing idea's off peoples heads.

2wheeladdict
12-20-2012, 4:35 PM
It didnt even turn over. It sounded like it wanted to. It could be the battery. Its pretty small. Same battery I was using when it was kick only. I was just hoping that it would turn it over. I think I'm going to go back through the wiring again and isolate the lighting from the ignition and starter later. That's another thing that need done but luckily I'm off till the 2nd, so I should be able to find the time after christmas.

Rexxis
12-20-2012, 6:04 PM
Personally, I would NEVER pay someone to teach me something. You have an encyclopedia of information available to you right at your finger tips, use the internet to your advantage. I also must add, that is a damn nice looking girder in the bottom pic.

I never noticed the girder while I was there, only later while looking through my photos at home did I notice it.

I really dont want to go abt it that way either but i have poured over XS650.com night after night and am still kind of at a loss. Below is a link to me basically me admitting my level of newbdom.

Here's the thread I started on XS650.com just now that describes what I need to know.

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?p=235819#post235819

Knuckleduster
12-20-2012, 8:12 PM
I never noticed the girder while I was there, only later while looking through my photos at home did I notice it.

I really dont want to go abt it that way either but i have poured over XS650.com night after night and am still kind of at a loss. Below is a link to me basically me admitting my level of newbdom.

Here's the thread I started on XS650.com just now that describes what I need to know.

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?p=235819#post235819

hey I'll be honest with ya, I don't really know any of that shit either, but my 66y/o dad will tell me about the meters, how to use them properly, I just need to hit him up.

Rexxis
12-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Well Knuck if you wanna come help that'd be cool, I don't know when though. I don't know what my holiday plans are yet but maybe sat??

Another thing, I'm running capacitor, no battery. When I use my meter, set to ohms, on the capacitor, it shows O.L.
I thinks that's not good and means my cap is blown. Which makes me think "what happened that blew my cap?"
I hope my regulator isn't fried too.

ampzz
12-20-2012, 11:18 PM
To test a capacitor put the meter to the highest ohm setting that you have and disconnect the capacitor from your system. put one lead on each post and the reading should show you a number for a split second and then go straight to infinite(OL on your meter). if it does that then it should be good..

Knuckleduster
12-21-2012, 5:15 AM
Well Knuck if you wanna come help that'd be cool, I don't know when though. I don't know what my holiday plans are yet but maybe sat??

Another thing, I'm running capacitor, no battery. When I use my meter, set to ohms, on the capacitor, it shows O.L.
I thinks that's not good and means my cap is blown. Which makes me think "what happened that blew my cap?"
I hope my regulator isn't fried too.

Sat is bad for me, I know I have to go to "Hell Reno" Sat to work, probably Sun too:( Hell maybe we can get together after xmas or something.

You may need to get a Sparx reg/rect/battery eliminator w/ cap. to be able to run it the way your trying to run it, I'm not 100%, but have a good feeling about it. I also think that you may have gone a bit overboard w/ fuses. I know I don't have an xs, but I do know my entire bike has only 1- 7.5 Amp fuse (between battery & EI) for Battery, Stator (what you call an alternator) , Elec Ign. , headlamp (single beam), tail/brake/tag lamp & Key switch.
Something else you may try, wire it up WITH a battery first, to make sure everything is working proper, then worry about removing the battery from the equation.

2wheeladdict
12-21-2012, 8:25 AM
Another way to test a capacitor is to set your meter to microfarads. It looks like uF. Only the u has a line in front of it. Not all meters have this setting. Then just touch both terminals and it should read what your capacitor is rated.

Nimrod
12-21-2012, 9:46 AM
Man, now I will need some help. Went and bought a 82 shovelhead yesterday. Its gonna need some work, but Ill get it going.

As for the ignition on the XS, I must have missed it but I am assuming you have put an electronic ignition on it recently. I dont know much about the XS, I am more of a CB750 guy, but my a friend of mine had an electronic ignition "professionally" installed last summer. he went and picked it up, hauled it back to his shop, and IF he could start it, all it did was sputter and pop. I went over and advanced the timing and reset it by ear, and hes been riding it like that for 6 months. When i put electronic ignition on my CB, i set the timing with a light, right on the marks, and it would barely start and ran like shit. I ended up advancing the timing and timing it by ear. the marks are off by almost 5 degrees, but it runs like a raped ape.

You might consider timing, but it sounds like your first problem is your battery.

Sa200
12-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Well fellas looks like the weather is gonna turn to shit for a while! So since I'm gonna be here till the spring I may try to find some shop space to rent. Want to make some changes to my shovel and it's too cold and too dark by the time I'm off work to mess with it outside. If anyone else is looking to rent I'd be willing to drive 30 or 40 miles to share a spot. Would be nice to have a gathering spot to spin wrenches, throw sparks or just drink a beer and chill out. If anyone else is interested or has an idea I'm all ears.

Sa200
12-26-2012, 2:40 PM
Anyone up for the stampede in 2013? New rule for this year is nothing over 550cc! This sounds fun to me but I will have to build a bike for it. Any of you guys know of or have any bikes for sale that fit that bill? I was thinking about a twin so I could keep it skinny. Checked CL today but didn't have much luck.

ampzz
12-26-2012, 9:57 PM
I have a 1980 XS400 that is stripped down to parts sitting in tubs in the garage just waiting to get chopped and put back together.... If I wasn't doing El Diablo I'd definitely be down for the Stampede. I don't think I could swing that much time off from work though.

Revelation
12-26-2012, 10:44 PM
where is this Stampede??

ampzz
12-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Its for The Horse Backstreet Choppers' Smokeout event. Its a road race from California to North Carolina.

Sa200
12-26-2012, 11:01 PM
I have a 1980 XS400 that is stripped down to parts sitting in tubs in the garage just waiting to get chopped and put back together.... If I wasn't doing El Diablo I'd definitely be down for the Stampede. I don't think I could swing that much time off from work though.

Hey Ampzz how u doing? Sorry to hear about your bike bud. Hopefully you will have it going again before this weather changes! The xs 400 is definitely one I would consider for this build. Text me if you wanna try and work out a deal. Also there's another swap meet on the 6th at the fair grounds for those of you who missed the last one. Maybe there will be more there this time....last one was kinda dead.

Knuckleduster
12-27-2012, 12:49 PM
In all honesty the one day swap meets are usually pretty much a bust. Its the same 15 vendors, with the same crap every time for the most part. I still drop my $6 to get in the door though, (if no one goes to them, they might stop having them) I'll be there on the 6th, like all the others, I may even hang out there all day. However the best chance to find good stuff, is the annual show / swap in February (16-17). Which is in 2 (larger)buildings (Travel & Transportation, and Modern Living Buildings) vs. just the one (smaller, Centennial Building). Also for you beer drinkers on a budget, my bro usually takes a 6 pack of Miller High Life (cans) in his pockets or in his OL's purse. Though they don't sell Miller High Life at the event, no one has ever questioned him about it. :cheersmate:

RJY86
12-28-2012, 11:04 PM
IM in west okc /Yukon and currently working on a 76 cb550k and need carbs!!! also lost my evo chop that I built to the repo man due to my ex OL digging a finacial hole and pushing me in face first so I need a damn ride!!! I also need job so if any smaller custom shops out there have the need for a non MMI certified mechanic or shop help please let me know hell ill sweep floors and clean toilets just to get into a shop working. hopefully someone from freedom or school house sees this. also a hsout out to all ock area cult members ...friend me im tryna build a little directory of local cultsters.

Knuckleduster
01-02-2013, 2:39 PM
I'll be easy to spot on the 6th, just look for tha scrawny guy with a black cast, lol

kenjoe77
01-02-2013, 6:37 PM
i seriously lucked out finding people in okc like me. i'll also be at the swap meet. yeah theyre usually sorta lame, for me anyways, cuz its tons of harley stuff & no metric swag. but i'm looking for like minded people here & around okc to hang out at my garage which the wife named rebel angel garage, with a club house above it. feel like a damn fanboy but its the truth lol

Revelation
01-02-2013, 8:11 PM
i seriously lucked out finding people in okc like me. i'll also be at the swap meet. yeah theyre usually sorta lame, for me anyways, cuz its tons of harley stuff & no metric swag. but i'm looking for like minded people here & around okc to hang out at my garage which the wife named rebel angel garage, with a club house above it. feel like a damn fanboy but its the truth lol

what part of town are you located in?

ampzz
01-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Long as I can get the top end put back together on my bike on Saturday I'll be at the swap on Sunday.

2wheeladdict
01-03-2013, 7:31 AM
About the swap meet. I set up a booth there a year or two ago and they make sure that you are selling HD and british parts. They really frown on jap parts. I was there with a friend and we were selling mostly shovel stuff. We sold A LOT of it before the show even opened and most of it ended up in some one elses booth at a marked up price of what we sold it at. All in all I made some room in my shop and made a little cash. which as all that I wanted.

Sa200
01-03-2013, 7:57 AM
I may have to work Sunday to make up for the holiday but if not ill be at the swap meet for sure. Any of you local guys know of a shop that could rebuild my kz motor? I've been to freedom cycles but I don't think they work on jap stuff. Also tried to email jones house of power up in Wagoner, they built Charlie the Nomad's kaw for the stampede and its pretty badass. Haven't heard back from them though. They're website doesn't have a phone # on it. Anyone know if they are still in business?

2wheeladdict
01-03-2013, 8:22 AM
You could try A&A. Mouse is a cool dude.

Sa200
01-03-2013, 9:31 AM
You could try A&A. Mouse is a cool dude.

Right on! You have any more info on them (location, phone #)?

2wheeladdict
01-03-2013, 9:35 AM
714 SE15th
OKC
634-4033

Sa200
01-03-2013, 9:59 AM
714 SE15th
OKC
634-4033

Thanks two wheel addict! I'll give em a shout.

Nimrod
01-03-2013, 3:06 PM
You might check with Chris Wedman at Wedman motorsports on 10th between Morgan and Council. Ive heard good things.
http://www.wedmanmotorsports.com/

To be sure and get tits service, call Red at Cycle One Manufacturing in Locust Grove. He cant be beat by anyone around here.

http://cycleonemanufacturing.com/

kenjoe77
01-03-2013, 5:49 PM
i'm in nw okc, about 2 miles north of the swap meets. not only do i need help/advice on getting my cb750 running & gunning but my place is open to fellow builders to drink, jam, wrench, weld and play some pool/air hockey

Sa200
01-03-2013, 9:11 PM
You might check with Chris Wedman at Wedman motorsports on 10th between Morgan and Council. Ive heard good things.
http://www.wedmanmotorsports.com/

To be sure and get tits service, call Red at Cycle One Manufacturing in Locust Grove. He cant be beat by anyone around here.

http://cycleonemanufacturing.com/

Wow I didn't realize Cycle One was in Oklahoma been a while since I checked them out. Website doesn't say anything about motor work though. Does Red do this on the side? If so that's that's is awesome. Wedman looks like they know they're shit too. I'll be calling around tomorrow and hopefully get this thing back in order soon. Thanks guys for all this info. It is much appreciated!

Nimrod
01-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Yeah, Red knows his shit. He does it all. And as good and upstanding of a guy as you will find. His wife Kate is the one you will probably talk with, she's awesome.

Kenjoe, what's up with your cb? I been riding mine for 3 years now and I love it. Simple to work on as well.

kenjoe77
01-04-2013, 8:03 PM
nothing major. wiring, carbs tuned in, changing handlebars/controls. got about 40% of it figured out with help from the shop manual & youtube but i'm pretty lost after that. i'm open to help which is why i offer my tools & garage to hang out at for trade. on a side note, whos gonna be at the swap meet this sunday?

ampzz
01-04-2013, 10:43 PM
nothing major. wiring, carbs tuned in, changing handlebars/controls. got about 40% of it figured out with help from the shop manual & youtube but i'm pretty lost after that. i'm open to help which is why i offer my tools & garage to hang out at for trade. on a side note, whos gonna be at the swap meet this sunday?

I'll probably swing by it for a bit..

kenjoe77
01-04-2013, 11:06 PM
i'll be the guy with leather jacket with a THE EXPLOITED/SCOTLAND back patch. hope to meet some fellow builders off here out there...

Sa200
01-05-2013, 7:57 AM
Boss finally let us know this morning that we will be working Sunday. So I'm out on the swap meet maybe next time. On the upside I think Red from cycleone is gonna do my kz motor, I'm pretty pumped on getting that old bike back on the road. Thanks goes out to you fellas that helped me out with info on shops around here.

Knuckleduster
01-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Though I don't really have the cash to really buy much of anything, I do still plan on going out to the swap tomorrow. I want to get out of the house, as I've been limited as to what I can do. Anyone of ya should have absolutely no problem identifying me. The black gutter ulnar cast protruding out from under the leathers will be a dead give away. I'm kinda thinking about hittin' it up around 11 er 12 noonish and likely hangin' out for a few hours. I'm not really lookin' for anything in particular out there, it's always kool to see what all is available, and I would really like to finally catch up with some of you other local cultist guys before the big show in Feb.

2wheeladdict
01-05-2013, 10:51 AM
I'll probably be there. I'm in the same situation as the rest of you. No real cash to spend unless something really jumps out at me.

Nimrod
01-05-2013, 9:58 PM
I might swing by tomorrow about noonish as well.

Nimrod
01-05-2013, 10:02 PM
And sa200, good to hear about red. Great guy, he will have a booth at the swap meet show here next month.

ampzz
01-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I'll plan on noon then as well....if all goes according to plan you'll be able to identify me by pink and purple Sportster or a "Destroy the Future" hat..

Revelation
01-05-2013, 11:16 PM
no cash here in fact I need to sell some suzuki stuff but i'm going to the big one next month hopefully i wont have to work

Knuckleduster
01-05-2013, 11:21 PM
I'll see who ever decides to come out tomorrow around noon time. :cheersmate:

Nimrod
01-05-2013, 11:22 PM
I'll be wearing a billy goat shirt. Can't miss it.

JPWilliams
01-06-2013, 6:42 PM
I'll be wearing a billy goat shirt. Can't miss it.

Shoot, I didn't see this until now. I would have stopped you and talked to you. I see your bike around enough that I ought know who you are by now.

Knuckleduster
01-06-2013, 7:00 PM
I got out there around 11:30ish after awhile I was able to catch up with Nimrod & Ampzz out there, both seemed like real nice dudes. Had a nice chat with the two, woulda hung out longer to try to meet some of the others, but my stomach was sayin it was lunch time, and my broke hand was sayin it was pain pill / foam pad time. It was pretty kool to finally get to meet a few other okc cultists! See all of you guys out there at the big show / swap in February!

JPWilliams
01-06-2013, 8:48 PM
I got out there around 11:30ish after awhile I was able to catch up with Nimrod & Ampzz out there, both seemed like real nice dudes. Had a nice chat with the two, woulda hung out longer to try to meet some of the others, but my stomach was sayin it was lunch time, and my broke hand was sayin it was pain pill / foam pad time. It was pretty kool to finally get to meet a few other okc cultists! See all of you guys out there at the big show / swap in February!

Well I guess, I saw you, too, but didn't know it 'til now, either.

ampzz
01-06-2013, 11:14 PM

Good Times!

Knuckleduster
01-07-2013, 9:39 AM
Well I guess, I saw you, too, but didn't know it 'til now, either.

haha after getin back yesterday and seeing yer pic , I thought to myself ...ahh that was that guy , lol
We'll catch up in Feb, hopefully. It really is kool to finally have some other guys here (and near)in the city. Hopefully I can have the bike back together and my hand will be healed up enough by spring I can make it to just kickers, thats my goal. Ampzz, I think yer bike kicks ass, paint is fuckin orbital, skrew all tha smack talkin old timers, haha

2wheeladdict
01-07-2013, 12:05 PM
I guess I missed everyone but JP. I left about 11:30. The swap was a bust. I dont think Ive ever seen it so empty.

Knuckleduster
01-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I guess I missed everyone but JP. I left about 11:30. The swap was a bust. I dont think Ive ever seen it so empty.

I have, it's like that a lot of the time, especially with the 1 day ones. I shoulda kept the $6 but what the hell, support the scene, right. And it gave me something to do while waitin to see if I could find some of ya'll. I even had a cheat sheet , cuz my memory sux, and only found two of ya, though I know I saw JP when he pulled in, just didn't know it was him. Can't hardly wait til Feb. it's ALWAYS a good turn out. Bikes (being shown and the ride ins) and vendors.
* The ride ins are usually as big as, and as kool as the show itself!

2wheeladdict
01-07-2013, 12:22 PM
well I plan on going to the show but its my oldest boys 13th bday on the 16th so Im not sure how its going to play out yet.

JPWilliams
01-07-2013, 9:13 PM
I almost never get the $6 worth back in parts, but I always go. There's always more lies than parts swapped for me at those things. I met up with four other guys I know and we hung out, out front and three of them never paid to go in. I had to make to beer runs for the $6 beers for them, too.

Knuckleduster
01-07-2013, 9:36 PM
I almost never get the $6 worth back in parts, but I always go. There's always more lies than parts swapped for me at those things. I met up with four other guys I know and we hung out, out front and three of them never paid to go in. I had to make to beer runs for the $6 beers for them, too.

$6 beers are a burn, take a 4 pack or a 6 pack or what you can easily conceal in a coat or ride, to the one in Feb. My bro & I do that shit & have at least the last 3-4 years, even drinkin them out of the can right in front of the geriatric cop, and they don't even sell miller high life there. Though they do sell cans, usually. If nothing else buy 1 just for their cup, then refill with your own stock. Easier to get away with it in Feb though , a lot more folks so its easy to blend in. Your hand is stamped, so stepping out to your ride to refill pockets is not a prob. Just dont try to walk in or out the door with one (or 6) in your hand! :cheersmate:

kenjoe77
01-08-2013, 6:27 PM
sorry if i missed anyone. my phone was dead so i couldnt text nimrod and nobody called me out by my exploited jacket so i left to grab $40 for some 7/8 bars i found. couldnt get the $40 so i said fuck it. and i'm totally gonna do a copy & paste from my other oklahoma post, so...

and i totally missed people at the last swap meet but i think we (chopcult page guys) should seriously meet up at the bike show next month at 1 set time. and on a sidenote, i am totally down for making my garage/party pad above it, a totally club house for us okc chopcult members. bike buildin & liver killin

buddyflip
01-08-2013, 6:36 PM
Im new to the CC crew but I was there at the swap. I seen a few guys standing out in from bullshitting but didnt realize it was CC guys! Ill have to look a few of you guys up at the one in Feb!

ampzz
01-08-2013, 7:22 PM
Yeah myself Nimrod and Knuckleduster were out bullshitting by where my Sportster was parked to the side of the entrance. I am on board with trying to get a big group out at the big meet next month. Hope the weather is decent'ish enough to ride...

buddyflip
01-08-2013, 8:13 PM
Yeah myself Nimrod and Knuckleduster were out bullshitting by where my Sportster was parked to the side of the entrance. I am on board with trying to get a big group out at the big meet next month. Hope the weather is decent'ish enough to ride...

If so someone hit me up & we will be there!

Knuckleduster
01-08-2013, 9:22 PM
I think now were sort of startin to figure out who's who, it'll make catching up to one another at swaps/shows a bit easier. I think its one guys(i'm horrible w/ names and too lazy to scroll up) kids Bday on the 16th so we may try to all meet up out there on the 17th. Tho, I may go both days, I dunno. I do know there will be a hell of a lot more folks out there in Feb., which might make it difficult to spot each one of ya by just saying I'll have on such & such shirt, as trying to find that particular shirt out of 1500-2000 ppl may be frustrating. I think meeting up out front, at ( or near) a given time is a great way to have the best chance at meeting other members. I met Dewayne Ballard at the one last year (he does leather work, and his wife is the now the new editor for CC, they also put on the Just Kickers event down in Davis, among other things) I also met up with Ashley Wade of Distinct Customs (leather work & engraving)out of Edmond at his booth, a damn nice guy. Since I'm down with these freshly dusted knuckles, I'll certainly keep on top of this thread, and try to coordinate shit to some degree, usually noon is good, cuz sometimes I stay up late , and get tha feeling others may too, out front is good because you can get a pretty good look at guys as they come in, and it gives the chance to shoot the shit about the bikes out front (like yours, lol) As much as I want to ride to it, that will be impossible between busted hand and dis assembled bike. I'm really excited, and I really want to try to get all the Oklahomies together out there in Feb!
:cheersmate:

ampzz
01-08-2013, 9:43 PM
I'll try my best to get that Saturday off work(which shouldn't be hard since I write the schedule) so I can go which ever day the most people can.

Sa200
01-09-2013, 8:41 AM
Hopefully I'll be off that Sunday if so I will be there. Got rained out today so I'm taking my motor up to cycle one to let Red work his magic. With a little luck ill have it back in my long bike and be riding it there. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. Look forward to meeting you guys.

brianrmcgill
01-09-2013, 8:46 AM
I live in ft worth. But my parents live in okc. Might have to bring the bike up there next time I come up. It would be cool to get some riding in while I visit!!! I'm usually around the penn square mall area when I'm in town.

Knuckleduster
01-09-2013, 8:54 AM
I live in ft worth. But my parents live in okc. Might have to bring the bike up there next time I come up. It would be cool to get some riding in while I visit!!! I'm usually around the penn square mall area when I'm in town.
I'm a stones throw from penn square mall/ 50 penn place, literally 2 minutes away.

brianrmcgill
01-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Add me as a friend on here and I will get with you next time I'm up there!

brianrmcgill
01-09-2013, 10:55 AM
My parents are right off of villa

Nimrod
01-09-2013, 11:12 AM
I will be at the show/swap meet all weekend. I am going to be in Ashleys booth (Distinct Customs)

Knuckleduster
01-09-2013, 12:32 PM
I will be at the show/swap meet all weekend. I am going to be in Ashleys booth (Distinct Customs)

Kick ass ! He does some pretty damn nice work. I really like his leather wares, particularly the "distinct" hardware he uses, very classy! I'll certainly catch up to you and Ashley at his booth.

Knuckleduster
01-09-2013, 12:33 PM
My parents are right off of villa

I'm right off Classen

kenjoe77
01-09-2013, 4:47 PM
i'm 3 miles, or less, north of the swap meet/ bike show on may. feb.16th & 17th is gonna be badass to finally meet everyone.......

brianrmcgill
01-09-2013, 5:58 PM
I might try to come up that weekend. Where is the swap meet at??

Knuckleduster
01-09-2013, 6:07 PM
I might try to come up that weekend. Where is the swap meet at??
OKC FairGrounds
Here's a link to the info, map, and all that jive http://jwswapmeet.com/2013okcshow.html

Revelation
01-09-2013, 8:44 PM
I'm off the weekend of the swap going to take my son their he wants to go look at bikes as part of his birthday. I'm in East Moore anybody else close by?
I need to get some new tires before I go far from the house

Knuckleduster
01-09-2013, 10:10 PM
it might be interesting as it says they have also added cars into the mix this year, hell the bike show & swap usually takes the good majority of both buildings.

DistinctCustoms
01-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Feel free to come by the area and hang out. Got a larger area this year so there's plenty of room. Looks like the show will be good. Let myself or Nimrod know you're from The CC and we'll toss ya some stickers for the garage.

kenjoe77
01-11-2013, 7:29 AM
frickin sweet

ampzz
01-15-2013, 9:00 PM
Quiet in here these days...

Knuckleduster
01-15-2013, 9:41 PM
Quiet in here these days...

it kinda has been, maybe we should pm Kenjoe as to where his garage/party pad above is located, and make a day outta fuckin off, knockin a few brews back, shootin shit, and who knows maybe do some work on a bike or two.

* Just dropped him a line in a pm

ampzz
01-15-2013, 10:39 PM
it kinda has been, maybe we should pm Kenjoe as to where his garage/party pad above is located, and make a day outta fuckin off, knockin a few brews back, shootin shit, and who knows maybe do some work on a bike or two.

* Just dropped him a line in a pm

Nice.

kenjoe77
01-16-2013, 5:51 PM
i've been down for the count with this new found sickness a co-worker gave me. i fuckin hate winter on soooo many levels. but once i feel better and the weather is decent, hope people can make it over for brews & bike talk

Knuckleduster
01-17-2013, 8:25 AM
i've been down for the count with this new found sickness a co-worker gave me. i fuckin hate winter on soooo many levels. but once i feel better and the weather is decent, hope people can make it over for brews & bike talk

No worries , hope ya get ta feelin' better

kenjoe77
01-17-2013, 5:02 PM
ok i'm feeling alot better. this saturday is suppose to be warm so lets all meet here at my garage around 4 or 5. oklahoma builders pm me and i'll send my address or # to you if you wanna get out & about. if nimrods not helping his buddy, he's suppose to come over and help look at my bike seeing as i'm at a crossroad so to speak. bike buildin & liver killin.....

ampzz
01-17-2013, 9:58 PM
ok i'm feeling alot better. this saturday is suppose to be warm so lets all meet here at my garage around 4 or 5. oklahoma builders pm me and i'll send my address or # to you if you wanna get out & about. if nimrods not helping his buddy, he's suppose to come over and help look at my bike seeing as i'm at a crossroad so to speak. bike buildin & liver killin.....

I am working until 7 on Saturday but if ya'll are still going to be there I'm game for swinging by.

Knuckleduster
01-17-2013, 10:59 PM
I got nothing going on Saturday, will PM ya.

Sa200
01-23-2013, 8:31 PM
Is anyone there???

ampzz
01-23-2013, 8:38 PM
...quiet in here these days.

kenjoe77
01-24-2013, 5:36 PM
tank & seat are off, ready for the weekend if its not raining

ampzz
01-24-2013, 5:45 PM
tank & seat are off, ready for the weekend if its not raining

Right on.

Knuckleduster
01-24-2013, 5:51 PM
no bullshit this time, really, I swear I'll be thar.

Nimrod
01-25-2013, 8:48 AM
You thinking about getitng together this weekend? let me know when

kenjoe77
01-26-2013, 9:34 AM
got some running & gunning i gotta do today, but i will text/call everybody after that

Knuckleduster
01-26-2013, 10:55 AM
got some running & gunning i gotta do today, but i will text/call everybody after that

my cell is down, I'll PM you my landline #

Nimrod
01-26-2013, 6:42 PM
I'll try to be there. Not sure what's up tomorrow, but will know in the morning

Revelation
01-27-2013, 12:52 PM
I have some samples of a new high end detail wax we are going to start carrying at work. If anybody has a black or dark colored bike the want waxed or wax for let me know I need some genuine pigs

Sa200
01-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Counting down the days till the swap meet. Won't make it till Sunday so I'm sure ill miss out on the good shit. Oh well, I'm really just hoping that the weather is clear and at least 50ish. Finally found some shop space today so hopefully ill have one of my piles put together by then. You guys planning on any riding that Sunday?

ampzz
01-30-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm off that whole weekend and fully intend on riding provided that its not raining! Ride that Beemer in if all else fails Dusty!

Sa200
01-31-2013, 7:11 AM
Yessir will do! But I'd sure like to have my kaw back by then. The shovel would go together in a weekend but I only have a couple hours a night, we'll see what happens. Look forward to some riding either way!

Knuckleduster
01-31-2013, 9:24 AM
I wont have the hoopty Trident back together by then. I got my cast off, but have very limited use of my hand(for now) Even if it wasn't in 100 pieces, I couldn't even twist a throttle if I wanted to. Its likely going to be 3-4 weeks before I regain the majority of usage in it. I'm making slight progress daily though. It's kind of scary not knowing how much usage I will be able to get out of it. I am hopeful that I won't have to make drastic modifications to the bike, just to be able to ride. However,I am willing to do what ever it takes to ride again. Look forward to catching up to you guys at the show, I'll be out there all day, both days.

Revelation
01-31-2013, 9:19 PM
I'm going on Saturday I'll have my 10 and 8 year old boys with

2wheeladdict
02-01-2013, 5:32 AM
probably be sunday for me. seeing as how its my oldest sons birthday saturday and he has a basketball game that day as well.

Knuckleduster
02-01-2013, 6:20 AM
I've got the equivalent of about 3 CC sticker packs, I'll be givin 'em out to fellow OKC CCer's most likely there at Ashley's booth (Distinct Customs). Because there will be so many people there (at the show), and I have so few stickers, I'm not going to just put them out on the table for anyone to grab. You'll need to ask me, or tell me some kind of code word like "Bill Still Hates You! " or something.

kenjoe77
02-03-2013, 9:11 PM
is it the goddamn 16th yet?

Knuckleduster
02-05-2013, 7:25 AM
Only 11 more days,, can hardly wait to see all the killer scoots out there, and to get to meet all ya'll !

hlguthery
02-05-2013, 3:26 PM
Im in edmond...

If you go to the show and would like a free Guthery Customs Sticker swing by my booth and let me know you saw it on Chop Cult. We should have a few bikes that were not at the show last year and a few that were.... Something for everyone.

kenjoe77
02-05-2013, 4:57 PM
loving all the free stickers that'll be going on my welding helmet

Revelation
02-05-2013, 7:30 PM
I love me some free stickers

Sa200
02-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Still no word on my z1 motor. Looks like ill be rocking the stocker that weekend. Ill be working Saturday but I was thinking about riding up afterwards so I could be there early Sunday. Anyone wanna get together sat night for beers? Surely one of you local guys knows a good hole in the wall bar.....

ampzz
02-07-2013, 9:24 PM
Im game for beers on Saturday

Sa200
02-08-2013, 7:35 PM
Hey Ampzz, I'm up for whatever just let me know a time and place for Saturday ill be headed that way around 7:00.

Sa200
02-09-2013, 7:37 AM
Any of you guys gonna have parts there? I'm looking for a set stock forwards and a steel rear sporty fender, also a set of 11 in. shocks. I've got a pretty good stash of parts if you wanna trade let me know what you need, I just might have it. Or if you just want some cash we can do that too.

spokesniffer
02-09-2013, 9:09 AM
Hey Gang! Fellow 33er in Norman. Just me choppin here in Nompton as far as i have seen. Where ya at Norman? It would be groovy to meet up with you guys. I've got some chopper goodies and I'm always down for some swappin. I'm currently looking for a dyna rear fender tip and a 39mm front end.

Here is a couple of crappy pics of a couple of my current bikes.

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab187/spokesniffer/DSC_1311_zpsce28b9ed.jpg
79 Shovel

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab187/spokesniffer/DSC_1312_zps1894c773.jpg
03 Buell powered Sporty

kenjoe77
02-09-2013, 10:17 PM
shits been a little rocky lately for me but i'm down for beers saturday

2wheeladdict
02-10-2013, 8:26 AM
I may have a set of 11" shocks. Let me Check and ill see about showing a pic.

spokesniffer
02-11-2013, 7:41 PM
Post em here!:)

Sa200
02-11-2013, 8:03 PM
I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to do that! Even looked it up in the how to deal a while back. Got a photobucket account and everything but i got lost after that step. I'm holding an iPad in my hands right now and all I can do with it is look at CL and CC.......I could text you some pics. Ha

Sa200
02-11-2013, 8:04 PM
Oh yeah and your bike are cool!

spokesniffer
02-11-2013, 8:20 PM
I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to do that! Even looked it up in the how to deal a while back. Got a photobucket account and everything but i got lost after that step. I'm holding an iPad in my hands right now and all I can do with it is look at CL and CC.......I could text you some pics. Ha

I'll post them for the gang! tobin@buchananbikes.com

ampzz
02-11-2013, 9:06 PM
My toys...

http://i49.tinypic.com/33z8pop.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/oa3zuv.jpg

spokesniffer
02-11-2013, 9:54 PM
I'm in the market for a lightning if you guys get a lead on one.

Knuckleduster
02-11-2013, 10:27 PM
My bike is currently disassembled. I tore it down to change it up, then decided to punch my fridge repeatedly in a slight altercation, fractured 4th & 5th metacarpals, now nearly 8 weeks later, starting to get some use back but still have a longways to go, so if you see me at the show guys , please don't take any offense to me not wanting to shake hands, my shit is still way jacked up and I gotta be way super careful with it. I will be redoin the Trident and using the work to rehab my hand in the process.
Before The Tear Down
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/403980_436900383022230_1236178015_n.jpg
Here's my build thread, http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25885

Only 5 more days til the show !

brianrmcgill
02-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Where did you get those rear shock covers??

spokesniffer
02-12-2013, 12:36 PM

Here ya go Dusty!

The Stocker
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab187/spokesniffer/0_zps4f1cbcf9.jpeg

kaw and an ol timer's shovel
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab187/spokesniffer/photo-1_zps62d17810.jpg

81 FXE
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab187/spokesniffer/photo-2_zps2ca4d8cf.jpg

2wheeladdict
02-12-2013, 1:03 PM
:banghead:

Nimrod
02-12-2013, 1:58 PM

Sa200
02-12-2013, 2:30 PM
Thanks bud! I think I'm the first person that's had to have someone else post pics for em. Lol
Anyway you guys got some killer scoots. Oh and I snowed out at work today, went by a&a salvage and the guy wanted 250 for a rear master and caliper off a unknown sport bike! I figured my money would be better spent at cattlemans steak house...

Nimrod
02-12-2013, 2:43 PM
yeah i went by there last year and mouse wanted $175 for a crusted up set of carbs for a CB750. I told him thats what running carbs cost, and he said if i wanted those thats what I would pay. Thats why he has so much shit back there.

2wheeladdict
02-12-2013, 2:58 PM
Dang, I have never had any trouble with price from A&A. Just told em I wanted to go back there and look around came back with some parts and got a good deal.

Evidence
02-12-2013, 3:16 PM
I didnt realize there were so many of you damn Okies here!...im in Kansas City, ill have to ride down when theres an event or something this summer and meet some of you'z guyz.

Sa200
02-12-2013, 3:19 PM
I told him I wanted to go look in the back and he said.....naw I'm about to go to lunch. I could damn near set up my rear brake with Fab Kevin's stuff for what he wanted for those parts and I'd have to build all the brackets that Kevin includes! I don't think I'll be back. I did pick up a one piece riser from freedom cycles though. Looks like ill get to cut up my chumps next weekend!

Knuckleduster
02-12-2013, 3:36 PM
I didnt realize there were so many of you damn Okies here!...im in Kansas City, ill have to ride down when theres an event or something this summer and meet some of you'z guyz.

Biggest bike show of the year around these parts (OKC) is in just 4 days! (not to fret I plan on taking a shit ton of pix) and then there's the Just Kickers event down in Davis (100mi S of OKC) April 25-28. Those are about the 2 biggest event's I can think of, though there may be some others.

Evidence
02-12-2013, 3:42 PM
Biggest bike show of the year around these parts (OKC) is in just 4 days! (not to fret I plan on taking a shit ton of pix) and then there's the Just Kickers event down in Davis (100mi S of OKC) April 25-28. Those are about the 2 biggest event's I can think of, though there may be some others.

What kind of bike show?? Is it Saturday? I dont have anything going on this weekend, might try to make it down.

Knuckleduster
02-12-2013, 4:05 PM
What kind of bike show?? Is it Saturday? I dont have anything going on this weekend, might try to make it down.

Jeff Williams 16th Annual Oklahoma Motorcycle Show (& Swap)
State Fair Grounds
Sat & Sun ($15 for 1 day or $20 for 2 day pass)
100,000+sqr ft, 2 buildings, beer,food, bikes, & cars
Clint Ewing FreestyleRiding, and OKC RollerDerby Girls !

...........not to mention, the "show" outside the buildings, of all the bad ass mutherfuckin bikes that ride in!
This is about equivalent to the Mooneyes show in Japan, for us broke Okies.

http://jwswapmeet.com/2013okcshow.html
http://jwswapmeet.com/files/2013SOE.pdf

Nimrod
02-12-2013, 5:16 PM
Dang, I have never had any trouble with price from A&A. Just told em I wanted to go back there and look around came back with some parts and got a good deal.

I've heard of people getting good shit at a good price there, but the two times I've been there they were assmonkeys. Not as bad as the people at ron's cycleland in Tulsa though. They are ridiculous on the price and shitty about selling something to you. I got the feeling I was wasting their time by giving them my business.

Knuckleduster
02-12-2013, 5:29 PM
So back to more important stuff, beer. I know I will likely have a few at the show Saturday, but if some of ya'll are getting together Saturday evening, I wouldn't mind joining ya. Any of ya'll ever go to Edna's Place or Vic Tim's ?

2wheeladdict
02-12-2013, 5:56 PM
I have to admit that the things that I got were smalls. Spacers, brake levers, ect....I've never asked for anything for a spacific bike just looked around and found stuff that would work for me. I've never been to Ron's so I can't comment there.

Sa200
02-12-2013, 6:50 PM
So back to more important stuff, beer. I know I will likely have a few at the show Saturday, but if some of ya'll are getting together Saturday evening, I wouldn't mind joining ya. Any of ya'll ever go to Edna's Place or Vic Tim's ?

Yes beer!!! Im not from okc so i have no preference as to where i drink. I'll me ya at either place. Either one have high life?

brianrmcgill
02-12-2013, 8:16 PM
I'm coming up Friday from ft worth. Probably not bringing my bike though. The weather didn't look to good last time I checked. I go to Edna's!!! My folks live about a mile from there so I usually just hang out in that little corner. Hilo Edna's drunken fry. I also like the blue note on 23rd and Robinson. Should be in town till Sunday. So I'm defiantly going to the swap on sat

ampzz
02-12-2013, 9:59 PM
Edna's is usually packed assholes to elbows on Saturday nights... I'm all in for the Blue Note or Victimz. CeeGee's in Edmond is a good hole in the wall as well.

Knuckleduster
02-12-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm coming up Friday from ft worth. Probably not bringing my bike though. The weather didn't look to good last time I checked. I go to Edna's!!! My folks live about a mile from there so I usually just hang out in that little corner. Hilo Edna's drunken fry. I also like the blue note on 23rd and Robinson. Should be in town till Sunday. So I'm defiantly going to the swap on sat

my buddies dad used to own Ednas, before it was Ednas, he called it "Whizzers" and had an old Whizzer motorized bike hanging above the bar. My mom worked in the kitchen.
Ednas is a tiny place that does get packed assholes to elbows, its only about 3 blocks from my house. In all honesty the bar scene doesn't appeal to me much these days, though I'll drink a few at a bar, I'd rather be in a garage, can't smoke in a bar,(certainly not what I enjoy smokin). I did a lot of bar hopin' with my mom about 15 years ago, I guess I got burned out. The Flaming Lips actually played their first public gig at The Blue Note !

kenjoe77
02-13-2013, 4:24 PM
my good friend is the manager at the blue note. my old band used to play there alot before deep fork shit grill bought it up

kenjoe77
02-13-2013, 4:26 PM
]my good friend is the manager at the blue note. my old band used to play there alot before deep fork shit grill bought it up. only problem is there is usally a cover charge on saturday nights.

Sa200
02-13-2013, 7:14 PM
I know we should prolly handle one event at a time and the swap/show isn't till this weekend but just kickers is right around the corner! Ill likely be riding up from Texas but wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys somewhere first and ending up in Davis. Anyone else going?

Knuckleduster
02-13-2013, 8:07 PM
I know we should prolly handle one event at a time and the swap/show isn't till this weekend but just kickers is right around the corner! Ill likely be riding up from Texas but wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys somewhere first and ending up in Davis. Anyone else going?

I likely won't have my shit buttoned up by then, but I'm going anyways. If I can't afford the gas, I plan on walking there, hitchhiking or whatever,I'll leave out a week in advance if need be. If I don't have the admission fee, I'll just beg them at the gate, I'll hump legs if need be. I'll tell them I have an army of Ewoks waiting in the forest, that are ready to attack on my signal if they don't let me in. I'm certain I have a solid plan!

ampzz
02-13-2013, 9:31 PM
I'll for sure be at the swap on Sunday around lunch time. I have nothing happening all weekend though so I'll be riding around and might stop there on Saturday.

I'm in for Just Kickers. I'm going to go to the MotoGP race in Austin the previous weekend so I may only be able to come down to Just Kickers on Saturday evening through Sunday but I'll be there.

DistinctCustoms
02-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Nimrod and I as well as a few other guys are 100% going to Just Kickers. We will be leaving Edmond going to Shawnee to meet some cats from Stillwater, then we will be on the way..

ampzz
02-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Nimrod and I as well as a few other guys are 100% going to Just Kickers. We will be leaving Edmond going to Shawnee to meet some cats from Stillwater, then we will be on the way..

Y'all going to set up camp or just hit it for the day?

2wheeladdict
02-14-2013, 5:09 AM
I already have the weekend scheduled off. Planning on camping friday thru sunday.

Evidence
02-14-2013, 7:08 AM
I will be riding down from KC for Just Kickers...Knuckle, if I see you begging at the gate ill pay your entrance fee...I might make you do a little jig or something for me first though :D

Nimrod
02-14-2013, 8:26 AM
Y'all going to set up camp or just hit it for the day?

We'll be camping.

Knuckleduster
02-14-2013, 8:44 AM
I've been wanting to go to it since talking to Mr. Ballard about it a year ago, at the last annual bike show. If I end up in the truck ( which is highly likely) I'll be camping, if you call sleeping in the cab of my truck camping (my bro may loan me his tent). On another note, I usually have a 40# propane tank and a weed burner torch(3' flame @1200) on the truck, starting a campfire, shouldn't be an issue!

Evidence
02-14-2013, 10:17 AM
I've been wanting to go to it since talking to Mr. Ballard about it a year ago, at the last annual bike show. If I end up in the truck ( which is highly likely) I'll be camping, if you call sleeping in the cab of my truck camping (my bro may loan me his tent). On another note, I usually have a 40# propane tank and a weed burner torch(3' flame @1200) on the truck, starting a campfire, shouldn't be an issue!

Stay the hell away from my tent with that thing if youve been drinking heavily lol

brianrmcgill
02-14-2013, 10:51 AM
We got a pretty good size group going to just kickers from Austin and the dfw area. We had a blast last year!!!

Knuckleduster
02-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Stay the hell away from my tent with that thing if you've been drinking heavily lol

I'm always responsible with fire, regardless if I've been drinking or not. Seriously even if the wood is wet, I can have a fire going quickly. I'm like a master firepit tender, I've even had a local volunteer fire department compliment me on my bonfire building abilities.

Evidence
02-14-2013, 2:30 PM
I'm always responsible with fire, regardless if I've been drinking or not. Seriously even if the wood is wet, I can have a fire going quickly. I'm like a master firepit tender, I've even had a local volunteer fire department compliment me on my bonfire building abilities.

I was just giving you shit...I will gladly make smores on your fire good sir.

Knuckleduster
02-14-2013, 8:06 PM
I really hate making plans ta do shit, they always get fucked up! Looks like I'm going to be going to Luther to cut wood Saturday. As much as I want to come to the show Saturday & Sunday, I really need to make the money. As broke as I am, I can't justify not making money when I have an opportunity to do so. Hope to see some of you fuckers Sat night/ Sunday ! :cheersmate:

ampzz
02-14-2013, 8:52 PM
I was just giving you shit...I will gladly make smores on your fire good sir.

..when keeping it real goes wrong.

Knuckleduster
02-15-2013, 7:24 AM
yea , I figured ya were just fuckin with me. And technically the fire dept didn't compliment me on my bonfire building skills until they said "This fire is out of control" and sprayed fire retardant foam all over it. The compliment came after they were unable to knock it down with their hooked poles. ........its all about the bailing wire ! Nothing was out of control, we had been soaking the entire 4 acres of property for nearly a week with a hose, they were just pissed they got called out to a fire on New Years Eve. We had worked for nearly 3 weeks for it, a week digging the pit which was about 20'x20'x6' deep. We collected wood for a week, mainly 3-5 year old trees that we stripped the branches from. We spent several days stacking the wood in the pit in a teepee formation, burying the center pole 6' in the center of the 6' deep 20'x20' pit. all held together with 1/4 roll bailing wire intertwined at the top, for a super secure bonfire. It mysteriously re ignited after they left, something about old adhesive and sticks that make great "sticky fire bombs" they returned to extinguish it once again, and informed us that if they came out again, we would be fined $1000 ea.

brianrmcgill
02-16-2013, 5:20 AM
Can't make it up there this weekend. Got stuck working today. I pissed. But at least it's some good ot!

Sa200
02-16-2013, 7:14 AM
Can't make it up there this weekend. Got stuck working today. I pissed. But at least it's some good ot!

And so it begins.......
I'll be there Sunday as planned but won't be doing any riding like I had hoped. Red from cycle one is gonna be there and he's bringing my motor with him, so I'll be in my truck. Since I'm in my truck anyway I'll have some parts with me. I have a nice set of 5 gal. split tanks (black), a smooth tree 35 mm front end with axle, s&s air cleaner with bracket, a couple of front wheels etc etc. If any of you guys need anything I've got I'd make you a deal on it just holler at me I'll be in a grey dodge with a welding machine on the back.

Nimrod
02-16-2013, 9:40 AM
And so it begins.......
I'll be there Sunday as planned but won't be doing any riding like I had hoped. Red from cycle one is gonna be there and he's bringing my motor with him, so I'll be in my truck. Since I'm in my truck anyway I'll have some parts with me. I have a nice set of 5 gal. split tanks (black), a smooth tree 35 mm front end with axle, s&s air cleaner with bracket, a couple of front wheels etc etc. If any of you guys need anything I've got I'd make you a deal on it just holler at me I'll be in a grey dodge with a welding machine on the back.

Yeah I helped unload your motor last night. Glad it worked out. Is that front end a narrow glide? I might be interested.

ampzz
02-16-2013, 11:36 AM
I've got nothing to do and nowhere to be this weekend so I'll be out riding around and stopping by the show today and tomorrow most likely. Tomorrow for sure.

Sa200
02-16-2013, 11:50 AM
I've got nothing to do and nowhere to be this weekend so I'll be out riding around and stopping by the show today and tomorrow most likely. Tomorrow for sure.

Hey nimrod it is a NG front end. Not sure where the trees came from but they're pretty nice.
Edit: didn't mean to quote u Ampzz

goldenrule
02-17-2013, 6:02 AM
Whats up guys? Just saw this was an okc thread, I hardly ever get online.Guthrie area here

Knuckleduster
02-17-2013, 8:22 PM
I didn't make it to the show...................I AM SUCH A FUCKING LOSER !!!!! :(

2wheeladdict
02-18-2013, 5:07 AM
Your not the only one. I couldnt make it either.

hlguthery
02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Well you guys missed out. There were several very nice bikes I have not seen out before. And a bunch of good older stuff shovels, pans, flatheads and knuckles. Probably better bikes at this show then I have seen here before. Oh and not one person stopped by for their free sticker....

kenjoe77
02-18-2013, 5:37 PM
chopcult stickers? damnit i missed those. but i got 2 of the best things for free, ideas and advice........

2wheeladdict
02-18-2013, 6:13 PM
Well like I said I didn't make it to the show but I did bring this home today. 36225

It's a friends bike that's been sitting for a couple years. Going to finish it up and hope to ride it to just kickers.

Sa200
02-18-2013, 6:37 PM
I made it early Sunday. Traded two crusty wheels for one nice 19 in. spoke for my sporty front end, picked my motor up from cycle one and took a quick look around at the bikes. I saw Nimrods 750 and gave it a good eye fucking, nice one for sure. I looked around for a complete set of HD forwards (no such luck) and burned out around 11:00.

kenjoe77
02-18-2013, 6:43 PM
nice 2wheel

Rexxis
02-19-2013, 12:27 AM
Well like I said I didn't make it to the show but I did bring this home today. 36225

It's a friends bike that's been sitting for a couple years. Going to finish it up and hope to ride it to just kickers.

Nice, another XS is a good sight! Look at that intake manifold!! You plan on running it?

I failed too at making it to the swap, mostly bc I haven't been keeping up with this thread like I should. I would've been there in a heartbeat if I knew people were getting together.

i'm in nw okc, about 2 miles north of the swap meets. not only do i need help/advice on getting my cb750 running & gunning but my place is open to fellow builders to drink, jam, wrench, weld and play some pool/air hockey

Ken, where about are you? It sounds like we are close and I would love to come shoot the shit and have a beer or six. I'm at NW 32nd and Florida, right in the middle between Penn and Classen. Are you a welder? That's what I do every day, almost strictly tig on pipe.

My bike is still not running. I've known Mouse for a bit now and he's always been alright by me. I am taking my bike there tomorrow for electrical diagnosis. We'll see how it goes.. Here's my bikehttp://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb467/BradFeagins/Build%20Pics/07482A24-C6A3-4589-AEFF-C7550192645F-2098-000003546A383CEC.jpg

2wheeladdict
02-19-2013, 6:23 AM
The original plan was a two into one intake. I know it's kind of ugly right now but I'm going to try and clean it up and give it a shot.

Rexxis
02-19-2013, 9:18 AM
It is definitely original, which is cool. It's hard to tell from the pic, is it homemade?

spokesniffer
02-20-2013, 5:48 PM
Met up with him on Sunday at the show. Rad bike Rad Dude! :cheersmate: Thanks again. Send me a PM if your krew is getting together anytime soon.

ampzz
02-20-2013, 8:51 PM
Met up with him on Sunday at the show. Rad bike Rad Dude! :cheersmate: Thanks again. Send me a PM if your krew is getting together anytime soon.

No problem! Hope that fender works well for you!

Rexxis
02-23-2013, 7:13 PM
Anybody lookin' to chill or maybe ride a bit tomorrow? My bike is finally on the road. Got to ride around a little today, kinda chilly. It looks like tomorrow may be a lil nicer. http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb467/BradFeagins/Riding%20photos/Firstride.jpg

ampzz
02-23-2013, 7:48 PM
I'm always looking for an excuse to do some riding.

brianrmcgill
02-23-2013, 8:10 PM
I'm in town. Anything happening tonight. Might go to the blue note

Revelation
02-23-2013, 8:29 PM
Anybody good with mikuni carbs? I keep dumping fuel I must have the floats set wrong. I didn't make the show either I was moving wound up having a brand new home dumped in my lap for cheap. Plus it got me south side one the edge of town and out of stankn moore

Rexxis
02-23-2013, 9:54 PM
Anybody good with mikuni carbs? I keep dumping fuel I must have the floats set wrong. I didn't make the show either I was moving wound up having a brand new home dumped in my lap for cheap. Plus it got me south side one the edge of town and out of stankn moore

I've got some experience with mikunis. Late model XS650s came with BS38 mikunis. I've been as deep as you can get into mine.

I was dumping fuel too, just from one side. Turned out I had a hole in one of my floats.

What kinda bike you got?

kenjoe77
02-24-2013, 10:33 AM
well i helped the wife paint the dining room yesterday so i get all the garage time i want for sunday. prolly gonna do some cutting on the frame (rear fender part) and getting it ready for the seat of my choice. and maybe getting the lights a working if ampz can swing by....

Revelation
02-24-2013, 6:20 PM
I've got some experience with mikunis. Late model XS650s came with BS38 mikunis. I've been as deep as you can get into mine.

I was dumping fuel too, just from one side. Turned out I had a hole in one of my floats.

What kinda bike you got?

82 Suzuki gs 450
Iv been in to mine a few times which may be the problem I'm a crappy mechanic:o

Rexxis
02-24-2013, 7:08 PM
82 Suzuki gs 450
I've been in to mine a few times which may be the problem I'm a crappy mechanic:o

Well, I don't know what the float height is for your bike but, I know how to set them once we have a number. I just did it not too long ago on mine.
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb467/BradFeagins/floatheight.jpg

Like I said, mine was leaking gas from one side. I knew my float height was set properly so that wasn't the problem. I discovered the hole in my float by taking the float out and first, shaking it around and listening for sloshing sounds coming from the little bastard, next by squeezing the floats themselves, at which point one of them started pissing a little stream of gas. Fortunately, I found a used float on the cheap at A&A.

Mouse at A&A is totally cool in my book, He worked on my bike fri and discovered my wiring problem. I swung by there after work and we talked abt it. He let me come in on Sat, use his tools and bike lift and fix the problem myself. Fuckin' rad. He only charged me for the time it took him to find the problem.

Well, I just stopped by Kenjoe's place and had a couple beers, totally cool guy! Thanks again Ken. We discovered while I was there that my tailight isn't working so... Ampzz I'll need you to come look at my bike too.. Ha, j/k, hopefully I can figure this one out on my own, shouldn't be too hard.