PDA

View Full Version : Du pont chain saver

Chris111
09-27-2012, 12:40 AM
So I used the stuff on a roller chain before I picked up a x ring DID and didn't have good results. I had to apply it every ride because the rollers would shine and be bone dry around 100 miles or so.

I replaced the chain and took a link apart for inspection on the old chain to find bone dry pins with a nice shine. Naturally, I'm not happy with the experience and the only reason I tried it was because I could only find people raving about it.

Anyone have the same experience?

CM
09-27-2012, 10:25 AM
I use the DuPont Multi-Use Dry, Wax Lubricant. Basically the same thing.I haven't taken the chain apart, but it seems to work great. I use it because it doesn't fling a bunch of crap everywhere and I can get it at most hardware stores. Comparison http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motorcycle-chain-lube/dupont-teflon-chain-saver/

spsgold
09-27-2012, 3:33 PM
Bel Ray Chain Wax... Blue can, I use it on my 'Busa as well as my shovel and love it!!
It "self cleans" and lubes when you apply it,and no fling,Good Stuff

MY BAD!! It's Maxima Chain Wax in tha gold can....not bel ray

jimg
09-27-2012, 5:09 PM
They changed the formula. The one in webbike is no longer sold. I bought our Lowes supply and have about 4-5 cans of it....

Chris111
09-27-2012, 11:46 PM
I thought about trying some wax but wasn't sure if it would sling or stay on the rollers. Seems like it would just push out of the way between the teeth and rollers.

The multi stuff isn't a dry wax anymore. They did change it. The chain saver is supposed to be thicker and in layman contains soap which is the shedding/cleaning part. At least that's how they advertise it.