PDA

View Full Version : Sucker Punch Sally's Diner

swellguy
01-21-2010, 10:44 PM
I open the latest issue of Street Choppers and see a full page ad on the inside front cover for Sucker Punch Sally's Diner . . .

Why? Why can't you just build bikes?

Do you have to team up with Fender guitars and make some sort of cool, kulture hipster bullshit theme restaurant?

Turning into a joke, if they're not that already.

doa
01-21-2010, 10:53 PM
better make some damn good food...next OCC???

calicruiser
01-21-2010, 11:02 PM
what the hell is wrong with that??? I think that is the only one (in AZ). If they can create a cool place for people to hang out I dont see the problem. and no, I dont own one of their bikes.

josh

HellBent62
01-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Reminds me of Ed Hardy

Jashole
01-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Reminds me of Ed Hardy

ed hardy could get fuckkeddd! shits lameee

steffan
01-22-2010, 1:09 AM
pretty soon there will be sucker punch ironing boards, knitting supplies, and sented candles

dalebfast
01-22-2010, 1:42 AM
Being in the resaurant business is really pretty cool and you can make alot of money at it. But tying the name of the bike shop into it is kinda cheesy in my opinion. Maybe do the same without the name, and make it biker friendly. Then if everyone finds out the same people own it, hey that's cool, look who owns this place, what a great thing to do, yadda yadda yadda.

my .02c

HellBent62
01-22-2010, 1:49 AM
ed hardy could get fuckkeddd! shits lameee

Hahahaha!!! True that! The shit is lame!

Revelator
01-22-2010, 2:17 AM
Um................I'll jus have the Sucker Punch Burger, Frisco Fries, & a Knucklehead Shake.

& my Girl will have the Chopped ham & a Sally Salad with Peanut dressin' & a RUB rootbeer......

LAME!

shotgunlarry
01-22-2010, 3:05 AM
It's their money who gives a shit?!

RockinRyan
01-22-2010, 3:39 AM
They lost respect from me when they started jacking up their prices. They used to ba all about making cool bikes that your average Joe could afford, but now they are priced the same as any other "custom" bike manufacturer. Otherwise, I could care less how they invest their money.

dalebfast
01-22-2010, 6:14 AM
This is gonna be a back and forth kind of deal. Junk Pile!!!

TatdGasser
01-22-2010, 6:51 AM
Meh.

DirtFloorJim
01-22-2010, 7:08 AM
I just thought it was a marketing gimmick. Do they really have a diner, drinks, & all that other SPS stuff?

StoneHead
01-22-2010, 7:56 AM
Considering it's in AZ I doubt if Jeff and Donnie are behind it. It's probably the guy who bought the manufacturing rights to the production bikes and name. Although I could be wrong, and probably am. I haven't talked to any of them in a long while.

Markee
01-22-2010, 7:58 AM
I think their name sounds more like a resturant than a bike shop.

TwistyMcFisty
01-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Kinda weird...probably fail within the first year anyways, as do 50% of all restaurants.

Brandon
01-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Devils Advocate......Is it chessy, bordering on selling out...YUP. However im sure most of you on here realize that the manufactured "chopper" industry is steadily going down the crapper, due to so many people going the "homebuilt" route. If these guys can come up with a secondary income while using thier somewhat popular name then more power to them. Maybe this way the wont have to go back to a job in the real world. Its kinda like Jesse James, 6 years ago he was the underground chopper god, things rolled from there and now the same people that cock-jocked him then, now hate him for his sell out to the high society, but hes making money and feeding his family. Guess it comes down to opions, and you know that saying....That is all

Revelator
01-22-2010, 10:46 AM
I remember at the chopmeet they were handin out samples of their sucker punch cola. stuff
was kinda good.actually........... maybe they have some marketing manager that is brainstormin this shit up.
'course Jessie James started Cisco burgers, so maybe it's a new Bandwagon beginning.

wickedblockhead
01-22-2010, 11:12 AM
the name Cisco ROCKS!

Robhall
01-22-2010, 11:43 AM
the name Cisco ROCKS!

Thats stuffs pretty gnarly, but it doesn't come close to T-bird for a good old fashioned blackout... Anyone had Ripple before?

TwistyMcFisty
01-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Take it easy before I go out and get some bum wine.

mad750
01-22-2010, 1:23 PM
Ripple will FUCK YOU UP!!!

Sit back, kick it with some buds and listen to gangsta rap. That's how it was done when I drank that stuff. Now I stick with beer & Jack.

Ripple... what a trip!! Haven't had that shit in YEARS!!!

Jcarter78
01-22-2010, 1:28 PM
I drive by that place all the time and theres never anybody in there. Ive maybe seen three or four decent bikes parked out front.

doa
01-22-2010, 1:28 PM
shoulda stuck with sucker punch shine..if you could find that shit anywhere! its like a mythical creature a unicorn of the booze scene

STANDARD
01-22-2010, 1:34 PM
i see it this way!
the object is to make money right?
its not my money there using ...nor is it probally yours...
im all about making that owe mighty dollar!
more power to them!....
who really cares?

gotti
01-22-2010, 2:05 PM
Thats stuffs pretty gnarly, but it doesn't come close to T-bird for a good old fashioned blackout... Anyone had Ripple before?

Bah, T-bird is for white wine drinkers.
Nighttrain, now that's where it's at.

swellguy
01-22-2010, 2:10 PM
i see it this way!
the object is to make money right?
its not my money there using ...nor is it probally yours...
im all about making that owe mighty dollar!
more power to them!....
who really cares?
It's probably not their money either. And I guess I care when a company making motorcycles decides to hop on the kustom kulture multi market segment cross promotional rebranding wagon and do things that have little or anything to do with what they were good at.
People have talked about Jesse James in this thread. Yes he's feeding his family and is famous but nothing he did was ever about the average guy, it was all about the most expensive pieces he could build.
If SPS want to sell their own rebranded castrol oil or cool t-shirts that's fine but opening a diner is nothing more than OCC or Bruce Rossmeyer's style of manufactures lifestyle and "you're not fuckin' cool if you don't eat here and play Fender guitars."

turtle
01-22-2010, 3:15 PM
Just because they got the name,does'nt mean they got the business

ThrashRat
01-22-2010, 3:19 PM
Hahah yeah i stop in the place all the time for 2 dollar natty ice drafts and unlimited 2 dollar coffee its not that bad its right on mill so there is always cute sluts and dudes at the bar who talk gears and pistons all day i give it a thumbs up

REV
01-22-2010, 3:27 PM
"you're not fuckin' cool if you don't eat here and play Fender guitars."

shit, guess i have to get rid of the les paul then...lol

TemeculaTerry
01-22-2010, 3:55 PM
Apparently,,,, Your not cool if you go there and your in the "IN" crowd if you call them sell outs....fuck that!
Go put some more handlebars on your custom 2006 sportsters you gawd damned rebels.... hahahahaha , who gives a shit what they do, everyone has a right to make a living anyhow they choose - more power to them.

DeesButts
01-22-2010, 5:18 PM
what the hell is wrong with that??? I think that is the only one (in AZ). If they can create a cool place for people to hang out I dont see the problem. and no, I dont own one of their bikes.

josh

i agree i think it's a cool idea .. wish i had something like that around where i live

kingdeadbeat
01-22-2010, 6:01 PM
You guys are right about the whole Sandra Bullock being hot thing....

Halwade
01-22-2010, 6:18 PM
Gretsch, not Fender, is the Offical Guitar of SPS.

BTW, Messengil is the Official Feminine Hygiene Product of Harold's House of Cards. (http://crownlounge.blogspot.com/2009/11/whammo.html)

Just thought you should know...

WayneBallard
01-22-2010, 6:23 PM
McGoo, Fender owns Gretsch guitars.

SMChewy
01-22-2010, 6:34 PM
pretty soon there will be sucker punch ironing boards, knitting supplies, and sented candles

Ah ha ha ha ha.

billdozer
01-22-2010, 7:02 PM
Sandra Bullock is hot, I agree.

Who gives a fuck, if I ever make any money at this shit first thing I'm going to do is buy a jet boat and open a bar where we can't get kicked out .

Allen
01-22-2010, 7:13 PM
Ok, so who's up for a $22 Angus burger flipped on the panhead grille?

reverendpk9
01-22-2010, 9:39 PM
I am a restaurant/bar manager by trade and there is something great about a bar you can never get 86ed from. It's pretty nice to have a private party with all your friends every night. If I had that kind of money it would be my first move, my second would be to get some asshole like me to sacrifice his life so I could take more vacations.

blacklistVISUAL
01-22-2010, 9:50 PM
I'm sellin' out just as soon as the offer rolls in.
Use my name to sell whip cream? Done.
What, you want Blacklist catheters? That's a-okay with me.
BV branded hiking boots with laser etched pictures of me smoking cigarettes? Where the fuck do I sign?
Because money buys me shit.
And money pays for me to not work on shit that I don't want to work on.
Good for fuckin' SPS. I hope the shit works out for 'em.

logi
01-22-2010, 9:59 PM
I couldn't care less if they open their own restaurant/bar, seems like a cool move, but why are they taking out VERY expensive full-page ads in national MC magazines to promote one restaurant in Arizona? McGoo, what's the marketing angle on that?

beanhead78
01-22-2010, 10:15 PM
broke dick haters. if any of you fuckers had the clout to do the same thing , you would in a drop of a hat. dont tell me you guys wouldnt wanna make shit tons of money just to keep it real.fuck off. oh and cisco kid he was a freind of mine. cisco drank the whiskey but poncho drank the wine. what about wild irish rose? if anyone can get ripple pm me ill send you some cash.never seen it in michigan. seriously though

mad750
01-22-2010, 10:22 PM
I only chime in cause I like Ripple. It's hard to find it here in Vegas too. Maybe SPS can sell it behind the bar.

You and me Bean... Ripplers unite!!!

As far as SPS opening up a bar/restaurant more power to em'. Will I eat there? That's yet to be seen. I ate at the restaurant that those super models opened up in New York and needless to say, I left hungry. Maybe SPS's food will be greasy just to stay within the theme of things.

born2boogie
01-22-2010, 10:25 PM
who gives a fuck?

lvvato
01-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Didn't they sell out when they came out with their energy juice?

xpunkindrublicx13
01-23-2010, 7:31 AM
Considering it's in AZ I doubt if Jeff and Donnie are behind it. It's probably the guy who bought the manufacturing rights to the production bikes and name. Although I could be wrong, and probably am. I haven't talked to any of them in a long while.

I'm sure you are right. It's Christian that has been doing all this garbage. Not a bike guy, but he sure knows how to make a buck. But I would never buy their products, not from the AZ shop anyway.

Allen
01-23-2010, 11:53 AM
I think it's time one of you guys who've been there posted some photos of the place. Idea has potential, but the idea of Energy Drinks reminds me of Lovers on Steroids who really like wrestling, a lot.

calicruiser
01-23-2010, 1:25 PM
who gives a fuck?

LOL evidently MOST poeple on here!

WayneBallard
01-23-2010, 3:53 PM
Their energy drinks rule. Just Sayin'

Gommorah
01-23-2010, 6:32 PM
businessmen tell there people to stick to the knitting (http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/stick+to+knitting)

tv critics call it jumping the shark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_The_Shark)

After walmart sold the 37,000,000 th WCC tshirt it didnt take the rest of the chopper world to scream sellout in JJ's direction.

Theres nothing wrong with selling out..... i like to call it cashing in....., but seriusly..... guitars, extreme energy drinks..... cigars..... greasy spoons....?

Maybe these guys should just build some choppers and stop trying to be so fuckin cool.

is anyone else tired of the white doc martins and the fucking guitars over the fat guys sholder?

Richard
01-24-2010, 2:41 PM
businessmen tell there people to stick to the knitting (http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/stick+to+knitting)

tv critics call it jumping the shark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_The_Shark)

After walmart sold the 37,000,000 th WCC tshirt it didnt take the rest of the chopper world to scream sellout in JJ's direction.

Theres nothing wrong with selling out..... i like to call it cashing in....., but seriusly..... guitars, extreme energy drinks..... cigars..... greasy spoons....?

Maybe these guys should just build some choppers and stop trying to be so fuckin cool.

is anyone else tired of the white doc martins and the fucking guitars over the fat guys sholder?
Now I feel bad, just posted a comment on a poll about liking the chome pipes beter because it shows up the melted rubber from my Doc's. At least this fat guy dosen't have a guitar.

seventhirteen
01-26-2010, 10:33 AM
because bike builders are a dime a dozen, the majority of them would be better off working minimum wage at McDonalds and a good portion of them actually do have other jobs.

StoneHead
01-28-2010, 9:01 AM
Shit, the best zip up hoodie I ever owned is a WCC piece from wally world.
I have no problem with someone cashing in on their name. Wish I could.
What do you honestly think Harley makes more money on, bikes or merch?

Revelator
09-13-2011, 10:09 PM
http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2011/09/10/death-of-sucker-punch-sallys-owner-christian-clayton/

krakerbill
09-13-2011, 10:44 PM

cisco is some dirty tastin shit. my choice of bum wine would have to be Mogan David 2020 aka-MD2020 aka- Mad Dog 2020 plum supreme. :eek: :cheersmate:

FredoSNR
09-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Because money.

bign
09-14-2011, 6:03 AM
did anyone bitch when Mr.James opened Ciscos burgers?

BurseCurse
09-14-2011, 7:25 AM
who fuckin cares what they do to try to make more money.You sound lika a bunch of 7th graders talkin shit because some band SOLD OUT when one of their songs got on the radio.Do you think the american dream is to have a mediocre business that never expands?Nothing is worse than someone who thinks they are the authority on whats cool and feel like its their job to get everyone else up to speed.If you dont like it,dont go there,Im sure they wont miss you.They can bring out their own line of douche and I wouldnt care because I have a real life and I dont have to woryy about how someone else lives theirs.Grow up!

cros36
09-14-2011, 8:07 AM
revelator brought this thread back up because someone in the industry just died. show some respect for him. he did ten times more than what most of us will ever do in out lives. maybe his life long dream was food and bikes, who cares. let this rest.

bigjae805
09-14-2011, 1:17 PM
I'm sellin' out just as soon as the offer rolls in.
Use my name to sell whip cream? Done.
What, you want Blacklist catheters? That's a-okay with me.
BV branded hiking boots with laser etched pictures of me smoking cigarettes? Where the fuck do I sign?
Because money buys me shit.
And money pays for me to not work on shit that I don't want to work on.
Good for fuckin' SPS. I hope the shit works out for 'em.

:cheersmate:

Nosebleed
09-14-2011, 1:35 PM
Yeah, I was wondering why someone brought this thread back to life until I read that Christian Clayton had passed away. Really sorry to hear that.

I don't own any SPS products, don't even know anyone who does but I have a respect for what the company has accomplished over the past 10 years regardless of whether they "sold out" or not. Christian was able to take the company into some new directions and make a profit while the rest of the custom bike world flushed down the toilet. He may not be biker enough for some people but he dedicated 10 years of his life to building this business and brand name, and to me, that deserves some respect.

Condolences to the friends and family of Mr. Clayton.

JH282
09-14-2011, 7:21 PM
Ummm FYI Ed Hardy is a brilliant tattooer. As far as him selling out, he gave up the rights to his name and old rechewed tattoo imagery that didn't belong to him in the first place in exchange for millions of dollars. None of his real art is on any of the clothing brand stuff.

undeadfred1
09-14-2011, 7:28 PM
if thats what they wanna do, let em do it. id like to go in and see how it is before i trash it. i wish there were more places to go and shoot the shit about bikes and grab a bite to eat. to do that where i live i have to get burger king and get on my computer. just sayin. i feel like the "cool" folks on here like to look down on everything. im very guitly on occasion but i just dont get this one.... if biltwell opened a biker bar where you could get a burger and beer, would you be shittin on em? or is it cause you already have issue with the changes that has happened in SPS over the last few years where they changed who they were marketing to?

NHMike
09-14-2011, 9:04 PM
If any of you clowns had the opportunity to make a pile of cash of fthe RUB crownd, you'd be all over it.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure SPS isn't what they were in the beginning. I could be wrong, but I thought the original guys sold off the name.

NHMike
09-14-2011, 9:06 PM
Ummm FYI Ed Hardy is a brilliant tattooer. As far as him selling out, he gave up the rights to his name and old rechewed tattoo imagery that didn't belong to him in the first place in exchange for millions of dollars. None of his real art is on any of the clothing brand stuff.

Dood, you should wiki Ed Hardy.

billdozer
09-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Show some respect.