PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Michigan winter builds

doomcycle
09-14-2012, 9:54 AM
Hey gang, just wanted to put this out there. I'm in Sanford, which is just outside Midland, and I plan to strip down my '04 Sporty for a hard tail once the weather gets a bit colder. If anyone in the area is planning a build but lacking the space to do it, you're welcome to set up shop in my garage. It's big enough to put about four cars in there, and I'm out in the country so noise isn't a problem, whatever the hour.

I don't have much beyond some basic tools and a jack. Don't have a welder either, but there's a 30A 125/250V outlet in there, so you're welcome to bring whatever you got. There is a wood burning stove and lots of fluorescent lights.

Having just turned 45, expect to be hear anything from the likes of The Stooges and Deep Purple, to The Clash and Public Image Ltd., as well as old country, and newer bands like Arcade Fire and Die Antwoord. Feel free to bring an iPod. I listen to just about everything.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/310876_265240463493922_2301688_n.jpg

bparsel
09-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Shit man, Im a ways south of you and have my own workspace. But for somebody thats an awesome offer! Sounds like you guys could have a nice little Winter work and beerdrinking clubhouse!

doomcycle
09-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Shit man, Im a ways south of you and have my own workspace. But for somebody thats an awesome offer! Sounds like you guys could have a nice little Winter work and beerdrinking clubhouse!

My thoughts exactly. Figured I'd share my space if some folks could use it, and it'd be a great way to meet some local riders.

mikef
09-15-2012, 7:11 PM
Good on you for the offer. I too and a ways away but its cool of you to offer.

livingdeadmc
09-15-2012, 7:38 PM
Good on you for the offer. I too and a ways away but its cool of you to offer.

I'm building a bike for a build off over the winter...I've got my own shop with a few welding rigs and a big ass metal lathe....I'd be down to help/point at shit/drink beers at your spot tho....plus if you need help or anything machined or welded I'd be down. I'm in Lansing.

doomcycle
09-16-2012, 9:22 AM
I'm building a bike for a build off over the winter...I've got my own shop with a few welding rigs and a big ass metal lathe....I'd be down to help/point at shit/drink beers at your spot tho....plus if you need help or anything machined or welded I'd be down. I'm in Lansing.

Lansing's not very far from me at all. If you ever need an extra set of hands on your build, or just want to drink some beers and shoot the shit, let me know. I'd love to check out what you're working on. My plan is to start tearing down the Sporty this week and get the frame over to Led Sled. After that I'll be working on the bike all winter. Stop by anytime.

Hey, I appreciate your offer to lend me a hand. I'm not a welder, so I could really use your help with some tabs and bungs, and if I could shave my fork legs on your lathe that would be awesome. You'll never want for beer again.

livingdeadmc
09-17-2012, 8:26 PM
Lansing's not very far from me at all. If you ever need an extra set of hands on your build, or just want to drink some beers and shoot the shit, let me know. I'd love to check out what you're working on. My plan is to start tearing down the Sporty this week and get the frame over to Led Sled. After that I'll be working on the bike all winter. Stop by anytime.

Hey, I appreciate your offer to lend me a hand. I'm not a welder, so I could really use your help with some tabs and bungs, and if I could shave my fork legs on your lathe that would be awesome. You'll never want for beer again.

I can help with all of the above...I pm'd you my contact info hit me up whenever.

SaginawEd
10-02-2012, 7:22 PM
Hey lost wire - mighty nice offer there. I am down I Saginaw. I don't get much time to get out these days with a young family and all but I but will keep ya in mind for a trip some day. I just recently got on the chop cult. My profile is pretty basic but check it out. I am a mechanic for the city here so if yer lookin for some hookups with various mechanical shit give me a holler. Not so much Harley shop stuff but nuts, bolts, welding supplies, fittings shit like that I am all over the area. Know of some decent vendors. Later -Ed in Saginaw

doomcycle
10-03-2012, 6:42 AM
Hey lost wire - mighty nice offer there. I am down I Saginaw. I don't get much time to get out these days with a young family and all but I but will keep ya in mind for a trip some day. I just recently got on the chop cult. My profile is pretty basic but check it out. I am a mechanic for the city here so if yer lookin for some hookups with various mechanical shit give me a holler. Not so much Harley shop stuff but nuts, bolts, welding supplies, fittings shit like that I am all over the area. Know of some decent vendors. Later -Ed in Saginaw

Hey Ed, nice bike man! If you're ever in need of destination you're welcome to stop by. Not much to see at the moment aside from the never ending grinding/filing/sanding cycle I'm in, but feel free to stop by all the same. Thanks for the offer to point me towards some stuff. If you know of a good local source for bolts and metal I'd love to hear it. I've only lived up this way for about a year so I'm still figuring out where everything is.

SaginawEd
10-03-2012, 5:20 PM
Yeah hey man - Mid State Bolt and Screw has it all for standard and metric along with hard to find fasteners. MKR Steel has a good selection of metal and they are open to the public. Both places have web sites and both sell in any quantity yer lookin for. So you don't have to buy a shit ton of extra hardware or material. Both are basically located by M-46 and 75. Adios.