PDA

View Full Version : DNA springer

Shoots
01-19-2010, 5:42 PM
I'm looking for a front end and was wondering if any of you run a dna springer?
Is it worth the money or should I go a different route?
Thanks

Jethro
01-19-2010, 5:54 PM
I'm looking for a front end and was wondering if any of you run a dna springer?
Is it worth the money or should I go a different route?
Thanks

Hey, Shoots, I'm running a DNA... here is a pic of it...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/jettoes1/Chopper%20Sep09/IMG_2994.jpg

I'm happy with it, and the prices are VERY cheap right now. I ride the piss out of my bike. Been running it two years. All bushings still look good. No visible cracks. Minor rust in places. I have no garage. Chopper often under a cover, but out all year till I bring it in the dining room around January. A professional mech that I respect though told me he can see a real difference in quality between a DNA and say, a Paughco, or even a Harley springer.

Lovestory
01-19-2010, 8:12 PM
DNA are total shit quality wise and they look terrible..save some dough for a good one

Torch
01-19-2010, 10:40 PM
DNA are total shit quality wise and they look terrible..save some dough for a good one

well I disagree. I don't have one on my bike one but I have worked on and ridden many bikes with DNA's and there really not bad, they are built very heavy duty and function well, and especially for the price you can't beat them.
I know all the Harley guys huff and puff about they're not made in America and Chinese this and Chinese that, but almost all the V-twin and Custom Chrome shit on those bike comes from yellowsville too.
As for how they look, well they take a little getting used to but not many of the old 70's springers are good lookin eather.

busfreak
01-20-2010, 6:24 AM
I have one and I am happy. Hey brass balls choppers or bobbers uses them. They had an artical in in some bike mag about there front end. They sell a shit load of bikes and it is good enough for them. I do have to agree with lovestory they arn't very pretty.

Shoots
01-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the replies yes it's not my top choice for a springer but everything else is out of my price range at the moment.

chopped850
01-21-2010, 7:57 AM
I'm running the DNA -2 on my Norty and have had no issues with it. I also scored it on fleabay for $300 brand new!!!!

brianblack
02-02-2010, 8:36 AM
I wanted an I beam springer in the worst way but could not afford one. I went with the DNA for about $400. This is the only springer I've ever riden so I can't compare to another. I will say it's bouncy as fuck and comes off the ground alot. It rides way better with the wieght of a chick on the back tho. There not the best looking springers out there but as far as quality...well watch this...this me all day everyday since I got the damn thing a year ago. Absolutely NO COMPLAINTS!!! I was actually thinking about writing to DNA and showing them this.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5Bj67mMHrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5Bj67mMHrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Jethro
02-02-2010, 1:58 PM
Brian I saw that in the jump section and LAUGHED my ass off... :)

CochiseCountyChoppers
02-02-2010, 2:05 PM
we use build with em ride em with no issues

ridemore16
02-02-2010, 2:07 PM
I agree...I've been running mine for almost two years on my EVO with absolutely no issues. Hard to pull the trigger on a springer 3 or 4 times the $$$

CochiseCountyChoppers
02-02-2010, 2:12 PM
i have probably gone threw 20 of em over the last 6 or 7 years and had 1 a little crooked sent it back they got it right check the black triumph on my website thats me ridin a black bobber i built 6 mos ago and it rolls fine at 75mph