PDA

View Full Version : David Bird Hardtail Feedback

NITRO
01-18-2010, 5:44 PM
Hey guys I posted a similar thread in the main forum and got a bunch of good feedback on a bunch of products, but we need some customer feedback on Bird frames, and I know a bunch of people in here have bought them! If you would go into the product on lowbrowcustoms.com and give some feedback on them, let people who aren't familiar with the name or us know what you think! Cheers, Kyle

ridemore16
01-18-2010, 7:03 PM
I sent an order your way last night for a Bird hardtail. I'd be interested to hear some reviews from people who have already used them.

NITRO
01-19-2010, 8:56 AM
We get great feedback from people by email I would like to see some on the frames, my brother and I have used them for years and they are flawless. Tyler has a build thread on here for his T110 pre unit build check out some of the pics, these frames are literally bolt-on no tweaking involved.

ridemore16
01-19-2010, 3:02 PM
hey Kyle...had a question on the OIF weld on hardtail. Do you have to fabricate new rear motormounts? I noticed the motormounts were attached to the frame rail that rises up to the seat rails. Do people just weld on the bottom rails and cut the other rail above the mounts?

NITRO
01-19-2010, 3:34 PM
hey Kyle...had a question on the OIF weld on hardtail. Do you have to fabricate new rear motormounts? I noticed the motormounts were attached to the frame rail that rises up to the seat rails. Do people just weld on the bottom rails and cut the other rail above the mounts?

At this point yes you do, we have had a few people ask and David Bird will be working on a new setup but it will be awhile before he gets to it. I have seen it done a couple ways, leaving it like you had said or cutting it off and fabricating a new mount setup. As with any custom part it requires a bit of engineering!

KT
01-19-2010, 4:13 PM
I need to finish blasting the front section of the 58 Thunderbird then I will be putting the Bird Hardtail I got off you guys a couple months ago on .... I will try get that done this week and write you something on how it fit and all that, laters

Triumphteer
01-21-2010, 12:36 AM
A buddy of mine is a Triumph novice, ordered a 0" strech 0" drop from you guys (and as soon as he told me this I winced) anyway, he was a bit dissapointed in the fact that Tyler did not tell him that he would have little to no room for an oil tank (same thing i told him) and that the ride heighth would be like 6" (same thing I told him).... also that the front mounts were pressed tubing rather that a welded piece, thought it would taco on him easier than what he was comfortable with. So he just built a jig and made his own frame how he wanted it and the hardtail sits in the corner all sad and lonely.

So, not really a personal feedback or commentary on David or his ways, personally i love his stuff, just a second hand observation from a concerned citizen. One who loves what you and Tyler do. So it may be a good idea to steer fellas to at least 2" strech and 2" drop if they are looking for the current 'popular' stance.

Peace.