PDA

View Full Version : Austin/Central TX

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Nosebleed
08-18-2012, 5:13 PM
So, I read today that ChopCult is doing away with the "Groups" section of the site. This thread was intended to be a place for those of us in the Austin/Central TX area to have a little spot to hang our helmets, talk bikes, plan rides and events, hit each other up for help, advice etc. Several of us were part of the "ATX" group here on CC started by BolliverShagnasty a couple of years ago. Sometimes we've used the group (more so lately) and sometimes it sat dormant for a while, so hopefully we will find this thread useful in the pending absence of the groups.

We love to plan events centered around the bike and hotrod scene here in Austin, both of which are flourishing. Our busiest time seems to be in the fall when it's not so damned hot and we currently are working on plans for several events including our man DMenace's "Road to Ruin" event going down on 10/12/2012 in San Saba, TX, as well as another super blowout party in Austin on 10/17/2012 that we can't officially announce...just yet. We are also the fellers who have brought the "Psycho de Mayo Run" to Central TX the last 2 years as well as organizing rides to events like the "Day of the Drags" in Temple, TX and several bike/car/hotrod shows.

So, join us here on this thread. Feel free to make introductions if you don't know us. We have a groovy, laid back group of fellers who like to ride and enjoy life. No chopper snobs here and we don't care how period correct your shit is, what country it was made in or how rare it is. If we haven't met you yet come on out.

Cheers from Austin,
Nose

Pizzile
08-19-2012, 10:42 AM
keep me updated on your events, i will be new ATX soon

shigby
08-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Names Scott, Here in austin been working on the same bike forever. Likeminded feller that enjoys wrenchin when i'm not working.

1customchop
08-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Welcome to any new gentlemen in the area who aren't currently priveledged enough to have been hangin' around with us 100% dirtbags. We do A LOT of posting, previously on the ATX group and through various group PM's that pretty much suck up our limit each and everyday. At least now we can get subscription notices and post all we want here without dinging our daily PM limit. So HELL YES to the new thread and long live the greasy bastards from Central TX and beyond!

Oh... and stay tuned for a shit ton of kick ass events goin on in the area over the next 2 months... LOTS of shit about to go down... WOOT!

Nosebleed
08-20-2012, 8:54 AM
Oh... and stay tuned for a shit ton of kick ass events goin on in the area over the next 2 months... LOTS of shit about to go down... WOOT!

Yes indeed, my bellowing buddy! The fall is always a good time to be on 2 wheels in central Texas for sure. We are looking forward to at least 4-5 super-fly events between September and the end of the year, so we are stoked. For you fellas that we haven't met yet, make sure to check out the event listing for the "Road to Ruin" for now. More will be posted soon.

Welcome aboard, Pizzile and Shigby. Hope to meet up with you fellas one day soon. This August heat has been a drag lately but we will be clear of it soon and the best part of riding season will be upon us.

JeremyResults
08-20-2012, 2:16 PM
New home! New home!

Nosebleed
08-20-2012, 4:59 PM
Hey Jeremy, shigby rides a home built 75 Shovel. Kindred spirit, since you have a Shovel in 75 pieces!

alvizo
08-20-2012, 6:37 PM
I'm in and on my 68 IH. From San Antonio tx

JeremyResults
08-20-2012, 8:04 PM
74 good sir!

Nosebleed
08-20-2012, 9:37 PM
74 good sir!

You mean, yours is a 1974 model, or it's in 74 pieces? Either way, I support.

Hey, it's Alvizo! I remember your name from a while back. Don't recall if we've talked before but I usually search out the local fellas in centex whenever we organize an event. I've probably invited you to something before. Bienvenido! By the way, we love Sportsters, so how about posting up some pics of that IH? We have a deficit of Ironheads right now since Snoosky traded up for a Shovel. Our pal XlLance, who'se bike is the current feature on the main page has the only IH amongst our crew right now, I believe.

Well, Zeke has one in progress as well. Forgot about that, it's just that we haven't actually seen it yet, other than in pictures. Bitchin' coffin tank and all. Mmmm...

JeremyResults
08-20-2012, 10:45 PM
74 Pieces. It is a roller after all....

Welcome all! My number is 2103676525 for you new dudes.

If you ever need a hand wrenchin or just wanna ride and grab some food.

HANGOUTS!

Nosebleed
08-21-2012, 9:10 AM
Oh boy, oh boy, the "official big announcement" for our upcoming event in Austin should be coming this week, possibly as soon as tomorrow. So stoked, I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve...

Keep it cool fellas, don't blow it, haha.

Bobbed883
08-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Nice!

Jason here, was part of the ATX group but stayed pretty quiet. Haven't really been involved too much in the local "scene" cuz my ass is always working, but I need to enjoy life a little more and work a little less.

I'm down to ride and wrench during any free time I have. What I lack in knowledge, I make up for in effort and I'm always down to help out.

...oh yeah, I also like to drink lots of beer and make questionable decisions regularly.

Whitetr4sh
08-21-2012, 10:50 AM
If I ever get my POS back on the road I'm down to ride rain or shine. Not in Austin but close enough.

Nosebleed
08-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Greetings fellas. Central Texas is a big area and I'm glad to welcome people from all over. We all love to ride these amazing roads that stretch from San Antonio in the south, to I-20 (and even north of that for our bros. like SaltyTonk, XlLance, AngryJohnny and more) in the north, out east toward I-45 between Houston/Dallas and out west toward Brady, TX, the center of our state!

Collectively, Central Texas takes up about 50 counties and half a million miles of good times! It's all about getting our knees in the breeze and enjoying the ride, so let's reach out to all of the CC brothers and like-minded dirtbags in the middle portion of the Lone Star State.

We've got a lot of good stuff planned in the upcoming months, so make some connections with local brothers, make your plans to get together and just enjoy what we have. I know that I do.

52!
-Nose
:cheersmate:

Nosebleed
08-22-2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_event/1000/491/786.jpg

Texas, it's our turn. Official announcement; it's on.

Details to follow so check out the event listing here on ChopCult. Make your plans now to ride on down to one of Austin's best joints for bearded weirdos, Mohawk Austin.

Momo
08-23-2012, 10:38 PM
What is up mother bitches? I survived the Magic Kingdom in one piece, lost a little bit of sanity but hey, i was never all there for awhile.

904Punk
08-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Checking in from Ft Worth here! I'm moving back to Fla in November and trying to have as good a time as I can in my last few months out here so I should be down for anything that doesn't fall on a weekday out of town!

Momo
08-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Hey there 904Punk, on 12Oct2012-14Oct2012 in San Saba, Texas there is going to be a happening shindig going down. That should be a pretty good send off for you back to the Sunshine state.

904Punk
08-24-2012, 4:01 AM
Thanks momo, came across that a few weeks ago and ain't missing that for anything! Thanks to everyone who's been working to put it together!

BolliverShagnasty
08-24-2012, 7:06 AM
Good to see some new people. I guess we were kind of hidden away in the ATX group...

Nosebleed
08-24-2012, 9:15 AM
Momo returns! Hey, did you bring me anything? Preferably something with Darth Vader on it? Ah, I guess Lord Vader is not exactly the most Disney guy around.

So, did you have to take out a 2nd mortgage on your house to fund that trip? We have looked into it and were floored at how much it was going to cost.

Momo
08-24-2012, 12:29 PM
No, nothing with Lord Vader but I did hunt down Princess Jasmine, punk out Aladdin and get my picture taken with her. It was the highlight of the trip for me. No second mortgage but we wil not be going back for at least......ever? It was well worth it to hear my my little girl say it was "magical". If you do go, just make sure your littlest one is at least 4 or 38" tall that way they can enjoy some of the rides.

snoosky
08-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Got all the bugs worked out of my scoot. My dad flew in and rented a bike, showed him a couple hundred miles of hill country Wednesday. Excellent riding to say the least. .. Whos on board for the River Run campout in October?

1customchop
08-25-2012, 1:56 PM
What is this River Run you speak of :eek:

snoosky
08-25-2012, 5:51 PM
Lone star river run. Was just posted up in the events not to long ago. Happening in Oct. Not sure of the dates. Camping down by the river in New braunfels and some good riding judging by the videos posted from last year. Is link you right to it but I've slept since then..

Nosebleed
08-26-2012, 8:22 PM
I hadnt heard whether or not they were doing the Lone Star River Run this year or not. I just checked out the event listings and didn't see it up there. Got any links for us Snoosky? Sure that you weren't looking at last year's event listing? Tom and his ole lady went last year, said it was ok but he really didnt know anyone there. Don't know if he made any friends riding a near stock, late model sporty.

snoosky
08-26-2012, 9:10 PM
i saw a post up from last year, my bad.. too bad they're not running it again, sounds fun :(

TS
08-26-2012, 9:28 PM
They are doing the Lone Start River Run again this year, it's the weekend after the Road to Ruin. I found this on the Just Kickers website.

"Just got this message from our Bud Arron. LoneStar RiverRun

This years River Run will be held October 19-21st. Everything is the same as past years events as far as the campsites go. Well be staying at the 1st (2/6) crossing with rockin r's outfit called "camp huaco springs" their addy is 4150 River Road, New Braunsfels, TX 78132 (888-GO-CAMPN) if you need to google directions. The price stayed the same, electrical sites are $30 per night, but you can split a single site between 4 guys/bikes. This year i wont be reserving sites, so you can reserve them yourselves, or just pay them when you show up, there never busy that time of year anyways. Im not promoting the run near as much this year, im just sending this text, so invite who you want. I dont have many of you in my contacts, so spread the word as you see fit. Looking forward to having a damn good time with you all."

Nosebleed
08-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Oh, nice! I haven't been to the River Run before but I've heard that it's a good time.

What a week, sheesh: Road to Ruin the weekend of 10/12, Biltwell party in Austin on Wed. 10/17, and then River Run on 10/19?!?!

Ok, Billdozer, I hope that you have your plane ticket reserved. We'll hook you up with a bike, just get here.

xsilencex
08-27-2012, 9:05 AM
I hardly ever get on here but heard some stuff was in the works. i'll try to plan on seeing some of you at one or more of the events.

Nosebleed
08-27-2012, 1:56 PM
Hey there xsilencex. I recognize your screen name from a while back. Yessir, gonna be plenty to do in the month of October for sure. Make sure to come out and join us for the Biltwell party on Oct. 17th at Mohawk. There will be plenty of rad bikes and bearded weirdos, free swag and beverage giveaways (even though I'm assuming that youre straight edge), some good doom and metal bands playing and such.

Welcome back, subscribe to this thread and stay tuned often. Cheers.

xsilencex
08-27-2012, 2:07 PM
Hey there xsilencex. I recognize your screen name from a while back. Yessir, gonna be plenty to do in the month of October for sure. Make sure to come out and join us for the Biltwell party on Oct. 17th at Mohawk. There will be plenty of rad bikes and bearded weirdos, free swag and beverage giveaways (even though I'm assuming that youre straight edge), some good doom and metal bands playing and such.

Welcome back, subscribe to this thread and stay tuned often. Cheers.

thanks for the welcome. not straight edge just east coast hardcore from way back. i'll put the 17on my calendar. anyone going to the last harley drags in temple this weekend?

BolliverShagnasty
08-27-2012, 2:10 PM
I think so. Scott (1customchop) and I talked about it last week and my other plans for this weekend fell through. Is it just on Saturday or does it go on the whole weekend?

Nosebleed
08-27-2012, 4:37 PM
I was thinking about the HD drags as well. Pitched it to the wife last night since she is my social secretary about half the time, haha. I was wondering whether it was all weekend, just Sat. or what as well.

904Punk
08-27-2012, 4:52 PM
Me and the roommates are thinking about heading down to Austin this weekend for labor day. If we make it down there someone will have to point us to some good spots, or better yet come out and show us around.

BolliverShagnasty
08-27-2012, 7:59 PM
Here's the info for this weekend:

http://littleriverdragway.com/

http://www.texasscooter.com/

Who's down?

Nosebleed
08-27-2012, 8:41 PM
Man, so this is the last All-HD drag party that they are going to have up at Little River? I've never been before, so I don't see how I could possibly miss this one.

What do you think Brad, early morning meet up at Sarena's like last time?

Whitetr4sh
08-27-2012, 8:53 PM
Damn shame I'm gonna miss this one. It's been 15 years since the last one I attended. Had a blast. Starting to look like I might miss R2R if things don't pick up at work. Nah fuck that!! Anybody want to buy a kidney?

BolliverShagnasty
08-27-2012, 9:24 PM
Yeah, that sounds good to me. I'm even thinking about camping out at this one.

zeke
08-27-2012, 9:40 PM
The old lady and I are talking about going. The only down fall is if we do go in is in a cage. There is no place for her to ride on the back of my scooter.
It still sounds like a good time.

zeke
08-27-2012, 9:42 PM
Why are they getting rid of the groups? when is this supposed to happen?

Nosebleed
08-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah, sounds like this thing is an all-weekend long event and might be a good one to camp at, except that it will be hotter than a pair of boxer's boots. Prolly a lot of beer drinkin' and late night burnouts to keep you up as well, haha. It's looking like we aren't going to go out of town though so I'm thinking Saturday morning meetup and ride up to Little River to check it out. Like last time I will have to bug out late afternoon but it should be a good time. Somebody wanna make an event listing? If not, I can do it tomorrow.

Zeke, would be cool to have you and the OL come up, even if you weren't on 2 wheels. As for the groups, Bill just said that they were underused and were going away, didn't say when.

Nosebleed
08-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Hey gang, total change of subject, so hang on. We need some help with "guerilla marketing" for both the "Road to Ruin" event and the Biltwell/EDR party in October. We will have plenty of ads popping up on the ole CC beginning in a week or two, as well as some blogs (I expect) but we would like to reach out to other forums online as well in order to reach the biggest audience possible for our events.

If you are a member of other bike/car/kulture/tattoo/related music online communities such as the JockeyJournal, JalopyJournal or similar "lifestyle" kinda places, I want to enlist your help in promoting our events there. I am hoping to have some final "flier" artwork completed in the next couple of weeks and I can send the files over to you if you would be willing to make something similar to a forum thread, event listing or whatever the other communities allow you to do.

I want to reach out to like-minded individuals who may not be ChopCult members and the internet gives us an easy, free way to do that, so, if you can help out, PM me or post up here and let me know.

Cheers,
Nose

1customchop
08-28-2012, 6:14 PM
Ok bitches... I'm in for the drags this weekend, and Brad if ya'll have an extra tent, or spot next to your old lady in yours O.o, I'd dig campin Sat night. My new gear for R2R won't be here in time. I'll get with Sin about some pie.

Zeke, take the scoot, make the OL follow, lmao.

TS
08-29-2012, 1:21 AM
I may just have to suck it up and push start the shovel for the drags this weekend!

Nose, send the flyer files for R2R and EDR when they're ready and I'll start hitting the interweb and plastering the town wiht flyers.

1customchop
08-29-2012, 7:03 AM
Who's in for Mohawk tonight? So far I've got Brad, Sin and I... anyone else?

BolliverShagnasty
08-29-2012, 7:05 AM
Kick ass. I'm glad that everybody is wanting to go this weekend. I only have the tent that I had at ROT, but I'm thinking that I might just bring a bed roll and crash next to the bike on Saturday...

On another note, you guys want to meet up somewhere north after work today and then roll down to Jackalope for two-for-one burgers before hitting up Mohawk?

1customchop
08-29-2012, 7:34 AM
$1.5 Lonestars at CHunts... I'll be there round 5:30ish

BolliverShagnasty
08-29-2012, 7:36 AM
See you there

Nosebleed
08-29-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm still on lockdown on Wed. nights for the next few weeks, bummer. Might be able to get out tomorrow night depending on how busy work is. If anybody goes out tomorrow night let me know.

Looks like I should be able to make the drags on Saturday though. Stoked.

TS - we are working on the fliers and getting sponsors together right now. Hope to have them finished by next week. Thanks for the help.

BolliverShagnasty
08-29-2012, 10:09 AM
If you have the image files for the fliers, it might be worth doing a small run of quarter page handbills (like 100-200, 25 - 50 pages) to pass out this weekend at the drags.

1customchop
08-29-2012, 10:12 AM
I second that motion

Nosebleed
08-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Hhhmmm, excellent notion, good fellow. I have the first copy of the artwork that Biltwell sent me (the one that I posted up in this thread) with the initial sponsors on it right now. We have several additional sponsors lined up so far and SINTAX is going to drop their logos onto the flier as well, but I don't know how long that will take or what a projected time frame would be for him to do that. Looks like we have about 5-6 additional sponsors so far (including Maker's Mark Kentucky Bourbon, yum) and are expecting a couple more including a beer vendor, hopefully Lone Star/Pabst.

We could either print up some small handbills with just the original flier art or if SIN can whip up the updated version quickly we can use that one.

Brad, is this something that you could do? I don't have much capability to design or print things.

BolliverShagnasty
08-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah man, just need the file and a copy machine.

TS
08-29-2012, 10:53 AM
staples does reasonably cheap copying, that's where I get all of my band flyers printed

BolliverShagnasty
08-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Now we're talking

Nosebleed
08-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Sounds good. Well, copying it probably wouldn't be a problem as long as you could arrange it so there would be four of 'em on the page. I have a paper cutter here at work that I could chop em up with.

Hopefully SIN can get the logos updated and we can use the newer version.

1customchop
08-30-2012, 8:24 AM
Woo-Hoo!!! My new reading material showed up yesterday... 4 shiny editions of Show Class for our viewing pleasure. I'm not even halfway through the Born Free issue and I've already seen the love of my life.... oh and the hot naked chicks aren't bad either.

Nosebleed
08-30-2012, 9:19 AM
Ahhhh, Show Class is a regular on the top of my toilet tank, yes indeed. I just picked up a bunch of old issues of Easyriders from a dude here on CC as well so I'm digging checking out these bikes from the 1980's. Lot of Shovel and Ironhead chops in there and some good looking early EVO's too. Plus, looking at the chick's hairstyles in the photos is a riot.

Nosebleed
08-30-2012, 9:21 AM
Oh yeah, hey Brad, were you talking about printing those handbills in color or b/w? I tried printing some on my work printer last night and they looked like turd. Maybe just because the printer is cheapo or something, dunno.

TS
08-30-2012, 10:36 AM
I still need to subscribe to Showclass just get Cycle Source for now. My old man has a giant stack of Easyriders from the 70's and 80's that I used to read all the time but he won't let me take them off his hands, I guess he's got a bunch of friends who had various bikes featured throughout the late 70's and 80's

1customchop
08-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Oh I forgot... I got my order of 3 grab bag shirts from here on CC yesterday too. One design I've never even seen. I'll take a few pics when I get home. Packed in the ever amazing Biltwell style, stickers included. I love those guys.

Nosebleed
08-30-2012, 10:55 AM
I sub to Cycle Source too. Yesterday I got a promo thing from "Source Interlink Media" so I subbed to HOT ROD (the car mag, not gay porn) and Rod and Custom. Both were 1-yr sub for just $8.00.

Rad.

BolliverShagnasty
08-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Was going to do B&W... But if it looks like shit then we could price color.

1customchop
08-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Who's gonna get out this evening? I've only got till about 8, but I will definately need a few beers after work today.

BolliverShagnasty
08-30-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it. I am behind on a project at work and I have to catch up tonight. Lame...

Nosebleed
08-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Not sure if I'll make it or not, but if I do it would probably be later. I'll prolly be at the office until 7 or so. After this week my schedule will probably a lot easier. I'll check in with you fellas this evening and see if anyone is out and about.

Nosebleed
08-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Alright, planning time: So what's up for the drags on Saturday?

Brad, sounds like you are planning to camp out, at least Saturday night. Sounds like Scott may do the same. Anybody else? I can't camp but I have some equipment to help out anyone who needs it.

Most importantly, let's work out a meetup time/place/plan.

My thought is: Saturday morning, meetup at Sarena's in Round Rock, 9:30am, have a breakfast taco and a bottle of water for the hangover and then hit the road by 10am for Little River. Arrive in LR by 11am and grab beer (like we did last time).

Since I don't know when you fellas are planning to roll up north, this is what I got.

TS
08-31-2012, 12:47 AM
9:30 Meetup at Serenas sounds good to me. I think I'm gonna camp Saturday too.

BolliverShagnasty
08-31-2012, 6:46 AM
Yeah, that sounds good to me. I'll have my gear with me to camp if we are going to have a few sticking around. We've also been offered some drinks downtown at District 301 by OJ (a dude we met Wednesday night at Mohawk). I'm sure there will be other shit going on as well, so we can just make sure that we all make it to the drags and then see where it goes from there.

Don't get too fucked up tonight and miss the meetup... :cheersmate:

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 9:42 AM
Just got an email from Billdozer. They are set to start running the ChopCult ads for the EDR party in Austin. Stoked, can't wait to see them.

BolliverShagnasty
08-31-2012, 9:46 AM
Bad ass

1customchop
08-31-2012, 9:46 AM
9:30 is good with me. I'll definitely take you up on the offer to borrow your campin gear Nose. A tent and sleep bag is all I need.

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 10:54 AM
9:30 is good with me. I'll definitely take you up on the offer to borrow your campin gear Nose. A tent and sleep bag is all I need.

Ill have to roll the tent out tonight and make sure everything is there. Not sure if there are stakes in it but I'm sure that I have some. It's a really tiny tent for one person but it's perfect for the bike. You won't be throwing any swingin', sexy dance parties in it, that's for sure. I'll have to check on a sleeping bag if you don't have one. I'll get in touch with you later tonight after I can check stuff out.

1customchop
08-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Kick ass! I can throw a swingin' sexy party anywhere! And a bag would kick ass since mine won't be here till next week.

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 11:03 AM
Kick ass! I can throw a swingin' sexy party anywhere! And a bag would kick ass since mine won't be here till next week.

What kind of bag? I have a big bag that I can roll up my sleeping bag, tent and camping foam mat thingy all into one. It worked well when I went to The Cosmic Shed Run last year.

You wanna just cruise by La Casa Del Nariz either tonight or in the morning?

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 11:07 AM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/4000/3433/75004.jpg

ALWAYS

TS
08-31-2012, 11:17 AM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/4000/3433/75004.jpg

hahahaha

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Anybody planning to run their bike down the track tomorrow? Need to know whether to bring my first aid kit, hahahaha.

Nah, just wondering because I think that you have to have a leather jacket and a full face lid to do it.

1customchop
08-31-2012, 11:45 AM
I wonder if a bubble shield counts... and that whole "pack it all in a bag" thing sounds like a winner to me Nose. I'll give you a shout later today and meet at the casa.

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 2:19 PM
SINTAX is working on a little something special for us today, and it's totally bitchin! Hopefully he will reveal it to the world soon, and then, GLOBAL DOMINATION!

Prepare your Cobra Commander helmet, Scott. We're takin' over.

Saltytonk
08-31-2012, 2:24 PM
I wonder if a bubble shield counts... and that whole "pack it all in a bag" thing sounds like a winner to me Nose. I'll give you a shout later today and meet at the casa.

No Youve got to have a full face helmet with sheild and leather jacket and full finger leather gloves before you can run.

1customchop
08-31-2012, 2:59 PM
Damnit Gabe... You spoiled my potential suicide shift class winning run! (I'm pretty sure I would have been the only one running suicide, shoe in!)

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 3:18 PM
I have a full face and some gloves that you could wear but you might have to stick a towel in the lid with you in order to make it fit.

Who has an enormous noggin? THIS GUY! :eek:

1customchop
08-31-2012, 4:38 PM
Well gentlemen... It was a long day at work, so I have made the executive decision to stop at C Hunts otw home. Anyone interested in joinin me?

Saltytonk
08-31-2012, 4:41 PM
Wished I was going with you guys . Have fun. And if any of you see an old Aermacchi Rapido gas tank at the swap meet......pick it up for me

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 4:54 PM
Totally random and off topic, but Source Interlink Media, the company that publishes bike magazines such as Street Chopper and Hot Bike, plus about 100 other mags (mostly car-related) is having a big Labor Day weekend sale on most of their magazine subscriptions. Yesterday, I grabbed a 1-year sub to Hot Rod Magazine and Rod and Custom Magazine and I think both of them were only $8.00. They have a ton of their mag subs. on sale for ridiculous low prices.

If you are interested in checking out what they have, click below:
https://www.circsource.com/store/multititleoffer.html?offerId=199&sourceCode=I2HQ23

No chopper mags or anything but good deals on other stuff, thought I'd share.

JeremyResults
08-31-2012, 7:30 PM
Got the day off tomorrow. Was gonna ask where are we meeting, but that's already been fielded. See y'all at sarenas. Pullin' another 36 Hr. day I guess. Haha. Someone bring me a redbull!

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 8:08 PM
I was wondering if you'd show up Jeremy. Ill buy you a redbull for breakfast, haha. Hey, bring some cash too, because apparently they are having a swap meet as well. Maybe you can find some parts for your Shovel?

1customchop
08-31-2012, 8:10 PM
6 pack of Monster... Check

JeremyResults
08-31-2012, 8:11 PM
Oh snaaaaaaap! I didn't know about any swap meet. Totally stoked. I guess I should bring a backpack just incase. I'm not gonna join in on the camping, gotta look for a house and my parents are comming in on Sunday to hangout.

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 8:15 PM
Oh snaaaaaaap! I didn't know about any swap meet. Totally stoked. I guess I should bring a backpack just incase. I'm not gonna join in on the camping, gotta look for a house and my parents are comming in on Sunday to hangout.

Yeah, I think Im gonna brng a backpack just in case and tote a 6 pack of tall boys along in my little igloo lunch cooler. Yum.

1customchop
08-31-2012, 8:17 PM
We NEED some good Nose knows bourbon...

JeremyResults
08-31-2012, 8:21 PM
I need some Nose knows Red Bull. Tacos would be awesome too. This weekend is lookin' good.

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 8:22 PM
Nose doesn't know bourbon. Not a whiskey drinker. Unless it's free.

Nose does have a couple of cool things to reveal tomorrow though. Sin finished up our 52 logo today.

JeremyResults
08-31-2012, 8:35 PM
Hey Nose, speaking of, do you think you can email me the image file of the biltwell party info? I'm gonna try and get it on some blogs and get some prints made to post around town/handout/pelvic thrust.

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 9:12 PM
Soon, very soon. We are finalizing it actually. Ill show you tomorrow. I printed out a bunch of small ones for us to hand out at the drags.

Once we have a solid final version with all of the right logos on it and everything I'll send it to everyone so we can start pimping this shindig. The ads should be running here on CC within the next couple of days as well. I haven't seen one pop up yet.

Doc14
08-31-2012, 9:59 PM
Coming to Austin area tomorrow to possibly buy a panshovel, if anyone is down to meet up/show me around would be kick ass. PM me some info

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Smooth Doc! Good luck with the buy! Several of us are going to be up north near Temple, TX at the 30th annual "All Harley Drags." It's not too far off of I-35 and will be a whiskey fueled blast-o-rama. I realize that you have business but you should come and check it out if possible.

When and where are you doing the meetup for the Pan/Shove?

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Ah, I see that youre with the Lords of Loud. Never met any before, but I hear that you gentlemen enjoy your moonshine, just like we do.

1customchop
08-31-2012, 10:23 PM
$50 says it's a Vice Grip... @#$%& bag

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Haha, huh? Scott, youre very hostile. That's no way to talk about our neighbors to the south. I've never really met any of those guys, but they build some bitchin bikes.

In fact, I believe that one or more of the 74's Forever guys are Vice Grip and they are sponsoring the EDR party with us. I'm actually hoping that Vice Grip will come out to Mohawk, so play nice. Sheesh.

1customchop
08-31-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm sure they do, and high quality, knowledgeable construction kind of stuff. It would just be nice if us "sportster" dirtbags could get a little love, we live here too, and I think we are a part of both the "scene" and the support behind it just as much as those who ride "big twins". Shit most of us would kill for somethin as simple as a shovel, much less a fukin amazing pan or knuck. I would like nothing more than to meet/bullshit/interrogate some fellow 33'rs that have more knowledge about these kick ass motors.

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 11:04 PM
Well, I know of Vice Grip of course, and I've seen those fellers out a couple of times but I've never walked up and said "Hey." So, I'll make it a point to do that. They probably think that we're douchebags anyway, but, I'll extend a hand, and maybe we "smokeum peace pipe." If not, ah well, no big loss.

Scott, you need a hug, bro? All bristly, full of vinegar and shit. :o

1customchop
08-31-2012, 11:05 PM
I need some pie...

Nosebleed
08-31-2012, 11:10 PM
I need some pie...

All men need pie, both "hair", and "apple." Well, it is Austin though...

RJ85
08-31-2012, 11:12 PM
All the VISE GRIP dudes are fucking rad so don't talk shit. I ride a Honda XR650 and they are all cool to me it dosent matter to them what you ride its all about your personality.

1customchop
08-31-2012, 11:19 PM
Let me take this opportunity to lay down my pride and say I was out of line, I guess I long for the rest of the 33'rs in our lo cal to hang out all in one group sometimes. We try SO hard to invite and include everyone to any and all get togethers we have, no matter how insignificant. It would just be nice to hear from all the others who live here every now and again. Just my $.02

GlennB
09-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey guys, i'm in East Texas right now but i'm moving ya'lls way in the next year or so. I was pumped to find this thread just to find some new riding/drinking friends. I don't really have the mechanical know-how for the older bikes so i've got a new softail and a sporty that I tool around on.

Nosebleed
09-01-2012, 9:33 PM
Hey guys, i'm in East Texas right now but i'm moving ya'lls way in the next year or so. I was pumped to find this thread just to find some new riding/drinking friends. I don't really have the mechanical know-how for the older bikes so i've got a new softail and a sporty that I tool around on.

Hey there Glenn. Well sir, then you'll fit right in since most of us ride Sportys. I jokingly call us the "Sporty Nation" at times because 8 out of 10 of our ATX52 crew ride Sportys.

East TX huh? Whereabouts? My folks live outside of Crockett and I spent a lot of my growin' up years on a little patch of ground outside of Jacksonville.

Keep in touch and we'll see ya when ya get here.

Cheers,
Nose

Nosebleed
09-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Anybody seen one of the ads on CC for our Biltwell/EDR party in Austin yet? I haven't seen one but i haven't been on much over the weekend.

Billdozer says that they should be going up soon. Bill, whaddup?

TS
09-03-2012, 1:03 PM
If anybody is looking for something to do in late September my band The Stayouts will be headlining at Red Eyed Fly September 22nd. This is our first show back since our singer fucked himself up bad in a bike wreck back in June.

TS
09-03-2012, 1:05 PM

Nosebleed
09-04-2012, 2:03 PM
Good times at the drag races on Saturday, boys. How was the late night party and camping action? Wish I could have been there for the after party.

TS
09-04-2012, 6:54 PM
You! Fuck

GlennB
09-04-2012, 7:33 PM
Nosebleed- I'm in Longview, its about 45 minutes away from Jacksonville. I lived to Tyler for about a decade so i'm pretty familiar with that area.

Nosebleed
09-04-2012, 7:33 PM
HAHA! Our official battle cry for Saturday's activities!

Nosebleed
09-04-2012, 7:35 PM
Nosebleed- I'm in Longview, its about 45 minutes away from Jacksonville. I lived to Tyler for about a decade so i'm pretty familiar with that area.

Oh, hey there Glenn. Yeah, I saw that on your profile. Yep, I know where Longview is. Old oil town, like most of East Texas. Cool man.

Nosebleed
09-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Ran out of PM's workin out our business earlier this morning. I think that a couple of other people did too.

Plans for tonight? Mohawk?

Nosebleed
09-05-2012, 1:52 PM
So, in case you haven't seen this or haven't heard, our "Filthy 52" crew is hosting the Official Biltwell/ChopCult Austin EDR Screening Party in Austin on Wednesday, Oct. 17th.

SINTAX has finished up the flier and it should be appearing all over the internet soon as well as hanging on every street corner in downtown Austin, haha. Thx, SIN.

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_event/1000/491/786.jpg

Our new website is also now up and running at : filthy52.com

Visit the website, download the fliers, print them up and join the Filthy guerilla marketing team!

zeke
09-05-2012, 3:01 PM
I up for tonight or tomorrow night. I need a beer or two and a stoogy.

Nosebleed
09-05-2012, 3:55 PM
Ill be at Mohawk later but don't know what time. Anybody meeting up anywhere else beforehand?

1customchop
09-05-2012, 4:00 PM
Sin and I are already here...

TS
09-06-2012, 7:45 AM
New starter kit is ordered and has shipped! The shovelhead should be back up and rolling sometime next week.

BolliverShagnasty
09-06-2012, 12:11 PM
TP tonight anyone?

Some people that I work with are going to do happy hour at Sherlock's off of 183 and Burnet after work. Figure I'll grab a beer there first if anybody wants to meet me there and then ride up to Twin Peaks. Just let me know.

truerobotech
09-06-2012, 5:00 PM
Shoot need to get up that way and hang out with you ATX folks, I got a good number of friends up that way.

Regardless Im coming up for the EDR viewing riding solo or maybe hook in with a few SATown CCers, until then Im sure see a few you guys at the R2R.

Nosebleed
09-06-2012, 9:35 PM
Cool man, yessir, we'll be up at the Road to Ruin. We're stoked for it since our Filthy 52 brother DMenace is throwing this little shindig and it's the first overnighter camping trip that we've put together. Guaranteed to be good times.

dmenace78
09-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Guaranteed good times? You damn right. :)

1customchop
09-07-2012, 9:36 AM
Guaranteed good times? You damn right. :)

Only because I will be there.

1customchop
09-07-2012, 7:20 PM
OK Filthy fellas.... We have found the new official Filthy 52 approved Thurs bike night spot!
http://www.maverickscountryrock.com/
Brad (Bollivershagnasty) and I went last night and had a blast, not to mention were VERY well received and appreciated by management. This place KICKS ASS:
1. Generous dedicated bike parking right at the front door
2. An enormous 2 level outside patio/deck with it's OWN bar, picnic tables, fans everywhere, food trailer, life size connect 4, giant jenga, bean bags, ladder golf, and ring hook toss
3. Per the General Manager (I have his personal cell#) FREE cover for all 52'ers and anyone we bring along
4. $1.50 DOMESTIC BEERS ALL NIGHT
5. 3 more bars inside, 1 in each corner
6. A HUGE dance floor
7. HOT FUCKING WOMEN! That actually know what sportsters and shovelheads are!

SOOOOO, who's in for this coming Thursday (13th)??? Seriously, this place makes TP look like a bunch of amateurs, they appreciate our business, and when you see it, you'll understand this is right up 52's alley.

BolliverShagnasty
09-07-2012, 7:28 PM
I concur...

That place was a fucking blast.

TS
09-08-2012, 9:33 AM
That sounds fucking awesome, if my bike is running by next Thursday, which I really hope it is I'll be there.

1customchop
09-08-2012, 11:57 AM
We WILL have it running T, I promise!

TS
09-08-2012, 1:47 PM
You're the man Scott!

Nosebleed
09-08-2012, 9:08 PM
Im prolly down for Thursday nights again. Wife is still busy on Wed. (except for last week) for the next few weeks so no Mohawk for me. Looks like this Maverick's place is close, huh? P-ville area? I'm not a big fan of country bars but if the joint is cool...

FerrumDiscipulus
09-09-2012, 1:37 PM
fook! hard times killed my internet access (and sold most of my shit too, and STILL had to move in with inlaws!) a few months ago and apparently a few things have changed...
I grew up Austinite, but am now in (H)Elgin:banghead: for the time being.
glad to see so many cats reaching out to oneanother :clap for you:.
anyone near elgin in need of a hand in the garage or getting rid of some beer, gimme a shout. no job yet, no bike of my own anymore and am jonesing for some wrenching/garage-talk.

Momo
09-10-2012, 4:50 PM
I'm down for this Thursday night. Is that Mavericks the place where Grahams Central Station was at?

1customchop
09-10-2012, 4:52 PM
Across the street

Momo
09-10-2012, 5:50 PM
Cool.

snoosky
09-11-2012, 6:21 AM
Damn, I was livin in Pflugerville and past by this joint every day. Now im down south, go figure.. Had a roadside oil spill the other day so i gotta make sure everythings tight. ( Fixing shit seems to be my running theme here). Ill try and make it up Thurs.

BolliverShagnasty
09-11-2012, 6:38 AM
Man, I'm glad everybody is going to try to make it out on Thursday. Even though it is a "Country" bar, you guys are going to love the deck out back and the bike parking is killer. Also, there was no shortage of eye candy either.

Fireball shots w/ Redbull back.
Just try it.
Scott will back me up on this one... :D

1customchop
09-11-2012, 8:34 AM
Fireball w/ Redbull back = Poor Man's Apple Pie
YES PLEASE!

Snoosky - you now offcially own a shovel, fixing shit will be a way of life

Nosebleed
09-11-2012, 9:15 AM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/4000/3433/75463.jpg

To the brave men and women of our Armed Forces, Law Enforcement, Firefighters, EMS and first responders across the nation, "we will not forget."

Nosebleed
09-11-2012, 9:33 AM
And now, back to business as usual.

I'm definitely down to try out a new place, especially one with a nice deck since the weather is finally cooling off a bit, and of course eye candy is always welcome. I'll be there on Thurs.

Fireball+Redbull huh? Intriguing.

And finally, hey Scott, does your shop do inspections? I need one...or two.

TS
09-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks to Scott my Shovel starts again so I will be there Thursday!

1customchop
09-11-2012, 11:40 AM
No, unfortunately no inspections... yet. Go see Bronson at Southern Metal Choppers at Braker and 35. Best bet.

FerrumDiscipulus
09-11-2012, 1:26 PM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/4000/3433/74666.jpg

Texas, it's our turn. Official announcement; it's on.

Details to follow so check out the event listing here on ChopCult. Make your plans now to ride on down to one of Austin's best joints for bearded weirdos, Mohawk Austin.

my wife just commited to getting a babysitter, so i will be there. going to try to coerce a friend to show with me, however hes a bit of a misanthrope, so i'll likely be there "stag". i hope to meet some o yall and share a beer & a laugh or two.

Nosebleed
09-11-2012, 3:52 PM
Ferrum, I remember your name from way back. Sorry to hear that you've fallen on some hard times, man, but would be cool to have you come out to the Biltwell party. I'm sure that youll have a good time.

Is that your tattoo in the profile pic? If so, anybody who shows up at the party with a ChopCult tattoo will be getting some free drinks and swag, without a doubt.

FerrumDiscipulus
09-11-2012, 7:07 PM
yessir it is.
as for hard times, shit happens. in the meantime ill frequent The Cult, and try to get back into town to help anyone i can, when i can.

BolliverShagnasty
09-12-2012, 7:51 AM
So where is the up north meetup for tonight? C Hunt's?

I'm really craving a Jackalope burger.

TS
09-12-2012, 1:16 PM
So where is the up north meetup for tonight? C Hunt's?

I'm really craving a Jackalope burger.

Brad, if you go to Jackalope tonight hit me up. I've got band practice at 10:30 but I would be down to split a 2 for 1 jackalope burger with you.

BolliverShagnasty
09-12-2012, 1:19 PM
Can do. Just depends on if everybody rolls up to Zeke's or not. I'll give you a shout if we end up heading that way.

Nosebleed
09-12-2012, 1:24 PM
Jackalope burger was killer. I had the bleu cheese last Weds. Deeeelish! I should be free again on Weds. within the next couple of weeks and may have to make that a regular spot. I'm going to try to drop by Zeke's tonight if possible depending on how late my wife gets home, we'll see. If Zeke's garage is still open around 9:30p then I'll scoot on over.

TS
09-12-2012, 1:51 PM
The Bleu is awesome, I'm partial to the Chipotle bacon myself

Nosebleed
09-12-2012, 3:42 PM
The Bleu is awesome, I'm partial to the Chipotle bacon myself

I think someone mentioned that Casino El Camino has bitchin burgers too, and it's like a block or so down from Jackalope. Wonder if Casino has any burger discounts? Might become a 2-wheeled moto-madness quest for the most rad burgers in town this fall.

TS
09-12-2012, 3:45 PM
Casino El Camino has some bad ass burgers, possibly even better than Jackalope but I don't think they do any specials

JeremyResults
09-13-2012, 1:03 AM
I need to either: A.) Switch my damn shifts around so I can have Wed. and Thurs. off or B.) Get a new job that I can have afternoons off with.

Anyone hiring at anywhere that pays well? Haha.

BolliverShagnasty
09-13-2012, 7:53 AM
Check out my place of business:

http://q2ebanking.com/about/careers?doing_wp_cron=1347508425.34182691574096679 68750

Don't know what you might be qualified for, but if you apply let me know and I'll put in a recommendation sheet.

Nosebleed
09-13-2012, 9:10 AM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/4000/3433/75651.jpg

For sure.

1customchop
09-13-2012, 12:04 PM
The house of Sin is apparently for sale... Sin is moving into Zeke's garage.

Nosebleed
09-13-2012, 1:22 PM
Hahaha. I was considering the same thing. There isn't much room for my stuff but I could probably string up a hammock if he'd let me live in there.

Hey, did you guys get any work done last night?

1customchop
09-13-2012, 1:39 PM
Yes... We watched Zeke do a lot of measuring, listened to the hamster running on the wheel in his head, and got a good beer to mouth workout

TS
09-13-2012, 2:19 PM
Gotta love those 12oz curls

1customchop
09-13-2012, 2:27 PM
Stoked to see everyone tonight, even more stoked bc I have a good feelin ya'll are gonna love this joint...

TS
09-13-2012, 2:38 PM
What time you headed up there Scott? I'll probably wait until traffic clears to head up. Fucking bolt on my front cylinder exhaust isn't catching but I think I can get it redneck rigged before tonight

Nosebleed
09-13-2012, 2:52 PM
Just checked the doppler radar; doesn't look too good for tonight. They are saying that a line of heavy storms is going to hit the RR/Georgetown area around 7pm. Fantastic! Right around the time that I was hoping to head out.

Play it by ear...

Momo
09-13-2012, 3:41 PM
It's looking pretty shitty here in east P-ville. If I don't make it out tonight, I'm riding up to the new Quaker Steak and Lube up in Waco on sunday with a CC buddy of mine if any of you guys are interested. Gonna take some back roads up there and probably just haul ass back down 35.

1customchop
09-13-2012, 3:45 PM
Yeah... it's not lookin good for the clutchmobile tonight. I'm not even feelin like cagin it, and there is a hot chick who's into me, involved. That's sayin a lot comin from me, lol.

Nosebleed
09-13-2012, 3:56 PM
Yeah... there is a hot chick who's into me. That's sayin a lot, lol.

Agreed. That IS sayin' a lot.

1customchop
09-13-2012, 4:04 PM
Heyyyyyyyy, how'd you do that? Create a quote I only kinda sorta said.... O.o?

FerrumDiscipulus
09-13-2012, 4:09 PM
shouldnt it be YOU in the hot chick... not the other way around?

1customchop
09-13-2012, 4:11 PM
shouldnt it be YOU in the hot chick... not the other way around?

Ha.... Ha.... Ha....

Nosebleed
09-13-2012, 4:17 PM
Haha, I thought you'd get a kick out of that. Whenever you hit the quote button it shows the .html for the quote up at the top of the box. Just put your little cursor up there and edit the text to say basically whatever you want. I've seen some people do some funny stuff that way.

TS
09-13-2012, 4:18 PM
Figures that once I get my bike back on the road the weather turns to shit haha. Oh well, next time.

1customchop
09-13-2012, 4:25 PM
Just put your little... up there and... say whatever you want. I've seen some people do some funny stuff that way.

Filthy...

Nosebleed
09-13-2012, 4:32 PM
Filthy...

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/4000/3433/75657.jpg

Go ahead and say it out loud in your best "Powers" accent. It's ok.

Nosebleed
09-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Sheesh, it's looking like it's going to be a crappy, rainy weekend. May be time to consider swapping out to my new set of handlebars that have been collecting dust for the past couple of months.

Or (ahem), a trip to Zeke's garage, armed with beer and with intentions of shaving fork legs...

1customchop
09-14-2012, 11:21 AM
I got my parts to run both brakes off only my rear pedal yesterday, gonna be doin that tonight.

Nosebleed
09-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Never seen anyone do that before, sounds killer. Gah, actually, I think I'm going to need a little bit longer extension on my front brake line before I can swap out the bars. I have the dual brake setup on the front so there is a short line that goes from the mc down to the little "T" splitter. Guess I need to measure and order up a longer one.

Maybe I'll try to mock it up over the weekend, but pretty sure that it won't be long enough.

TS
09-14-2012, 11:31 AM
bummed, hopefully there will be a window for some riding on Sunday

1customchop
09-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Let me know the length and I'll order it at cost for you. Is your line seperate from the banjo bolts, or is it all one piece?

Nosebleed
09-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Let me know the length and I'll order it at cost for you. Is your line seperate from the banjo bolts, or is it all one piece?

I think that the top, short piece is a cheapo from Drag so probably doesn't come apart. I think that you can order a replacement for about $18. Probably need a piece about 15 inches long or so but I'll let you know. Thx.

Edit: Nah, now that I think about it, that top short line has screw on fittings. Doesn't need the banjo.

Nosebleed
09-14-2012, 1:55 PM
Hey Jeremy, I saw your pics of the Shovel "playing dress up", nice! Haha. Hey, 2 questions:

1. Where were those pics taken? Looks like you found a garage?
2. Related to question 1...Have you found a new place to live?

After brainstorming ideas with Zeke on Wed. night for the 95XL project I'm getting stoked on it again. I want to get that Honda of mine running so I can flip it and put the money into the 95!

1customchop
09-14-2012, 2:09 PM
Pics were taken in his garage at his current apartment, which previously housed "the van", now giving him the space to play dress up.

Nosebleed
09-14-2012, 2:14 PM
Pics were taken at his apartment to play dress up.

Oh Behave!

Nah, j/k. That's cool. Is the van running yet? We need to go out and cruise that thing if it's running.

1customchop
09-14-2012, 2:21 PM
It's gettin close. Just some tweeks and she should be good to go. On another note... Anyone wanna get together tonight? Garage hangout? And yet another note... My house will be completely empty next week, 6Over party incoming, what night will be best?

TS
09-14-2012, 2:23 PM
We need to airbrush this on the side of that van!

TS
09-14-2012, 2:25 PM
I vote for Tuesday for 6Over screening next week. That way jeremy is off work and I don't have band rpactice. Thursday works for me too. but that's just one assholes opinion and who really cares what I think anyway haha

Nosebleed
09-14-2012, 2:28 PM
We need to airbrush this on the side of that van!

+1, except make the black horse into a white unicorn. Keep the evil rider guy the same though. It would be...ironic, or something.

Thurs. is the only night that I'm available next week. We could have early 6Over shindig at La Casa Del Clutch and then head out to Maverick's after that, methinks? Yes!

TS
09-14-2012, 2:32 PM
+1, except make the black horse into a white unicorn. Keep the evil rider guy the same though. It would be...ironic, or something.

Thurs. is the only night that I'm available next week. We could have early 6Over shindig at La Casa Del Clutch and then head out to Maverick's after that, methinks? Yes!

I like the way you think on both counts

1customchop
09-14-2012, 3:41 PM
Find me someone that will airbrush it for free and I'll do it... Unicorn and all!

1customchop
09-14-2012, 3:42 PM
I'm sure Jeremy and I will have our semi-new Tues TP late lunch ritual...

Nosebleed
09-14-2012, 3:45 PM
Find me some Unicorn and I'll brush it for free!

You totally would.

TS
09-14-2012, 3:47 PM
I'll get an airbrush kit and start practicing

1customchop
09-14-2012, 3:58 PM
I totally would.

end quote...

Nosebleed
09-14-2012, 4:01 PM
Hey, SaltyTonk is pretty good with an airbrush. Don't think he's doing the side of your van for free though. Maybe if you wanted the whole picture to be about 6 inches by 6 inches square.

JeremyResults
09-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Yessir we will. Mykia and Katie are my girlfriends away from my girlfriend.

Yeah Nose, the van took up all the room. However there's only one plug in that entire place.....

I just got something on the line. Hopefully Scott will room with me once he gest everything settlled.

Its 12708 Margit Dr. Austin, TX. Hopefully we can hold off on the pet deposit because I don't have 400 of the stupid 800 they need. I just paid about 2500 on a deposit and rent. Fucking. Dumb.

Nosebleed
09-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Yessir we will. Mykia and Katie are my girlfriends away from my girlfriend.

So, you have 2 dogs+1 gf, or you have 2 white gf's plus a soul sister (Mykia)? Either way, jolly good show!

So, planning to potentially room with Scott? Official Filthy Lair methinks!

Saltytonk
09-15-2012, 8:29 AM
Death Dealer on a unicorn?!?!? oh yeah ....I can do that.....of course there would be a nominal fee.

and of course it would need a rainbow in the back ground. hahaha

Smallston
09-16-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm about to move to Austin in a few weeks. No car so I'm gonna be riding everywhere and I definitely want to hang with you guys that know the area, I'll be hanging around this thread more the closer the move comes

TheDoyle84
09-16-2012, 2:52 PM
Glad I stumbled on this thread. Born and raised in Austin. Only been riding for a few years but def looking for some guys to ride and wrench with. Not too proficient in the wrenching area besides a few mods to the bike but eager to help out and learn. Looking forward to the Biltwell party in October. Glad to find out about more going on in the Austin area.

Nosebleed
09-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Death Dealer on a unicorn?!?!? oh yeah ....I can do that.....of course there would be a nominal fee.

and of course it would need a rainbow in the back ground. hahaha

Alright Gabe, the rainbow is in, but could you at least paint some wicked bats flying around the rainbow? Balance things out a bit. Haha...

Nosebleed
09-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Greetings Small and Doyle. We are always stoked to meet new like-minded weirdos so keep in touch and plan to come out to some of our events and get-togethers. We will post up info on this thread regarding upcoming stuff as well as on our new website at filthy52.com so stay tuned. We will have a lot of good stuff coming up in October including the Biltwell/EDR party which we are super-stoked to be able to host, the Road to Ruin event (check the event listings here on CC) and our annual trip to the legendary "Day of the Drags" coming on October 6th (event listing and info should be posted tomorrow).

We have a good group of "Filthy 52" ChopCult brothers here in Central Texas and we are always welcoming to new friends. Come on out and meet up with us soon.

Cheers,
Nose

1customchop
09-17-2012, 9:12 AM
I posted this in the Road to Ruin thread, but figured it couldn't hurt to put it here too:

I think the Austin and southern area guys should get off our asses and start getting our shit together for our ride in on Friday. I know I, as well as others, have taken Friday off, so I'd say a noonish ride in would be best. That would give any southies time to get into Austin, meet up, and all roll out. Unfortunate news is Nosebleed doesn't think he's gonna make it out until late Fri night at best. So I'll leave the organization of a late Fri night/Sat morning ride up to him. For the rest of us I know I wanna get there and get the party started as soon as we can!

Here's my first idea:
1. Southies head North at their own pace, in order to be in the Round Rock area by Noon
2. The greater Austin crew meet at Twin Peaks, or something to that effect.... I mean who doesn't wanna see some T&A before we leave?
3. No rush for kickstands up, just more of a "when everyone gets there" kinda thing

That should put us in Saba with plenty of time to set up camp and get crackin on "festivities"

What do ya'll think?

TS
09-17-2012, 9:31 AM
That sounds like a good plan to me. I have taken that Friday off as well so getting to Round Rock for noon won't be an issue.

Nosebleed
09-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Yes, unfortunately my plans to take Friday off have not only been thwarted but I'll be in San Antonio all day long on Thurs/Friday. I will probably just get packed up on Weds. night and be ready to roll out when I get back home on Friday evening. I'm not looking forward to riding the whole way in the dark and through deer country but I'll probably just take it slow and easy. Getting there late to the party might increase my chances of actually making the morning ride on Saturday anyway, haha.

If anyone else is stuck in the same boat as me, PM me and maybe we can ride out together on Friday night.

Nosebleed
09-17-2012, 10:46 AM
"Day of the Drags" event listing is posted now. Check out the listing with information here:
http://www.chopcult.com/event.php?event_id=516

11th Annual "Day of the Drags" vintage hotrod drag races. Saturday, 10/6/2012 at Little River Dragway just south of Temple, TX. Come out an enjoy a day of awesome drags and cool people under the shady oaks of one of Texas' oldest drag strips.

The ATX/Central Texas "Filthy 52" crew will ride up from Round Rock on Saturday morning for the drags, so come on out and meet up with us.

Cheers,
Nose

Saltytonk
09-17-2012, 1:19 PM
"Day of the Drags" event listing is posted now. Check out the listing with information here:
http://www.chopcult.com/event.php?event_id=516

11th Annual "Day of the Drags" vintage hotrod drag races. Saturday, 10/6/2012 at Little River Dragway just south of Temple, TX. Come out an enjoy a day of awesome drags and cool people under the shady oaks of one of Texas' oldest drag strips.

The ATX/Central Texas "Filthy 52" crew will ride up from Round Rock on Saturday morning for the drags, so come on out and meet up with us.

Cheers,
Nose

http://www.zoopedup.com/blogs/uploads/drag-3600.jpg

1customchop
09-17-2012, 1:22 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FxjajnuIMxc/TiMz1O0fZaI/AAAAAAAAJm8/c-2BIq71p7A/s1600/bloody%2Bnose.jpg

1customchop
09-17-2012, 1:30 PM
http://us13.memecdn.com/nosebleed_o_207011.jpg

Saltytonk
09-17-2012, 1:32 PM
Oh come on man. you know thats funny ......hahaha

Nosebleed
09-17-2012, 1:33 PM
Gabe, I don't mind if you post up pictures from your weekend activities, but at least provide a good story to go with it. :cheersmate:

Haha, I knew that someone would do something like that. Honestly, I expected it to be Scott.

1customchop
09-17-2012, 1:35 PM
Oh... cum on me. you know I like it......mmmm

It's not funny... It fuking HILARIOUS!

Saltytonk
09-17-2012, 1:37 PM
I know I'm gonna have to lose the heels .....if I'm gonna ever keep up with ya. :cheersmate:

Nosebleed
09-17-2012, 1:41 PM
Scott is bristly again today. Must be because his bike is locked in my garage, hehe.

You gonna come over and pick it up tonight? (Waiting to see how he will edit this one when he quotes it.)

Edit: 9/18/12 - Scott's bike is still at my house. Considering selling it to raise cash to finish my other project. Will sell cheap, PM me, thx. No title or keys.

8)

1customchop
09-18-2012, 1:10 PM
edit: 9/18/12 - scott's bike is still at my house. Considering selling my bike to raise cash to buy scott a knuckle project. Will sell cheap, pm me, thx. Title and keys.

8)

awesome!!!!!!

Nosebleed
09-18-2012, 4:21 PM
I'm a giver, what can I say. (wait, that didn't sound the way that i wanted it to...) Anyway, if I sell my bike cheap, how can I afford to buy you a Knuckle project?! Think man, think!
:banghead:

BolliverShagnasty
09-18-2012, 5:07 PM
What's up for Wednesday/Thursday night this week?

Scott, you still doing the 6over video party?

I've been M.I.A. on the cult for the past few days and I feel like I'm out of the loop.

1customchop
09-18-2012, 6:07 PM
Thurs is on at my place, Grilled beer brats with saurkraut and 6Over on the TV. Then we'll roll to Mavericks at 7ish. I'd really like to get started as early as possible. I'll be there and ready at 6pm. Just text me for the address 512-299-2112

1customchop
09-18-2012, 6:19 PM
Nose... I think we need to rename this post again to get a little more broad recognition for all of central TX. Maybe - "Greater Central Texas Filthy 52". I think it would help attract more filthy fellas from areas around Austin instead of limiting our "family" to the smaller area. The more the merrier.

BolliverShagnasty
09-19-2012, 5:54 AM
Sweet, I'll be there after work on Thursday.

Jackalope and Mohawk tonight?

Nosebleed
09-19-2012, 7:07 AM
Been a wacky-busy week for me as well. Won't be able to make it over early on Thurs. I'll just meet up with you fellas at the bar later on. Can't make it out tonight.

1customchop
09-19-2012, 9:19 AM
Nose... we can wait for you. What time will you get outta work? Take the bike to work to save time?

Nosebleed
09-19-2012, 9:37 AM
Nose... we can wait for you. What time will you get outta work? Take the bike to work to save time?

Yeah, that was the original plan, but something has come up and I have to pick up the kiddos from school tomorrow night and get them started with dinner. Wife should be home around 7:30'ish which will put me leaving around 8pm'ish to come out and meet up. Just drop a brat with mustard and kraut into SINTAX's murse and bring it up to the bar for me.

BolliverShagnasty
09-19-2012, 9:38 AM
Alright guys, for tonight I plan on hitting someplace up north at about 5:30, meet up with whoever wants to roll south for Mohawk, 2 for 1 burgers at Jackalope and then see where it goes from there.

Who wants in?

1customchop
09-20-2012, 8:31 AM
The executive decision has been made to charge $15 at the door for the EDR viewing at Mohawk...

All proceeds will be goin to the Buy Scott This Nasty Knuckle fund...
http://www.chopcult.com/news/articles/gilby-clarkes-bastard-knuckle.html

Nosebleed
09-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Actually, such a decision requires a 2/3 majority vote in both The House and Senate. You are not a member of the Executive branch and therefore do not have Executive authority.

Sorry bro. You mad?

Besides, @ $15 each, we'd need 3000 people to show up, hahaha...

1customchop
09-21-2012, 1:15 PM
Fellas.. Great times last night. Thanks for coming to hang and enjoyin the grub... we'll end up watchin 6Over eventually, lol. Hopefully ya'll dug Mavericks too.

BolliverShagnasty
09-21-2012, 1:34 PM
Always a good time.

A little bit tired today though...

TS
09-21-2012, 2:39 PM
Definitely a good time, thanks for having us out.

TS
09-21-2012, 2:41 PM
Shameless Self Promotion:

Tomorrow night my band The Stayouts will be headlining at Red Eyed Fly. It's our first show back since our singer's gnarly bike wreck which left him unable to walk for most of the summer. It's guaranteed to be a good time!

Nosebleed
09-21-2012, 3:28 PM
Yep, thx for hosting man. Gonna be a lot of groovy activities coming up in the next few weeks. Super stoked for Day of the Drags, cant wait.

Oh, and Wade (TooLoe) came by today and picked up my shovel wheels and MercuryMoto bars to powder coat them. Stoked.

shaft
09-22-2012, 1:49 PM
figured id let my moving thread die and say whatsup in here. Signed a lease on a place over near hyde park area I believe and will be down there first week of october. Im planning on going to the EDR showing with the two buddies im moving with and we'll make sure to introduce ourselves.

BolliverShagnasty
09-22-2012, 2:04 PM
Bad ass man. I live right by there in Allendale. We'll have to hit up the local bars with you guys when you get moved in.

1customchop
09-22-2012, 2:41 PM
Ditto... definately need to hook up when ya'll get in town. Let us know if ya'll need any help along the way. I'm sure quite a few of us would be willing to lend a hand. Are ya'll gonna make it to Road to Ruin too?

Smallston
09-22-2012, 3:35 PM
Road to Ruin is gonna be a little close I doubt we'll make it cause I have to put in my two weeks notice at work on monday, which would put us out there Oct. 10th-ish

Nosebleed
09-22-2012, 9:55 PM
Hey, glad to hear that you bunch are finalizing plans to make it to Austin. There is always room for more filthy fellers around town and amongst our band of merry malcontents.

See you soon.

FilthyClutch
09-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Man... ya'll missed a hell of a show last night. We have a serious rock star within our ranks. It was a killer time Trav, thanks for the invite!

xsjoel
09-23-2012, 2:03 PM
The parents are headed to Austin, looking for some suggestions of where to eat. Thanks guys.

FerrumDiscipulus
09-23-2012, 6:02 PM
The parents are headed to Austin, looking for some suggestions of where to eat. Thanks guys.

County Line on Bee Caves road. good food. drinks are made strong if Mandi is working the bar. some of the beef ribs are big enough to use as rocking chair rails

PUMPKINHEAD
09-23-2012, 6:19 PM

What part of Austin? North, south..... Any food in particular they like? Let me know and I'll throw out some suggestions for ya.

xsjoel
09-23-2012, 6:21 PM
What part of Austin? North, south..... Any food in particular they like? Let me know and I'll throw out some suggestions for ya.

They are driving there, so they are mobile. They will drive for good food. They like anything really, pops love his BBQ of course. But honestly I am taking any and all recommendations. Food mainly, they aren't really drinkers.

PUMPKINHEAD
09-23-2012, 6:50 PM
For a quick burger, on the style of In-N-Out with an Austin twist try P. Terry's. They have a few around the Austin area. (one more year till we get an In-N-Out :cool:)

For BBQ, County Line as mentioned above. If they feel like taking a cruise outside of Austin have them head to Taylor to Louie Mueller Barbecue.....real Texas BBQ IMO

For Mexican food it will vary. Alot of it is Tex-Mex style around here (obviously). Juan In A Million on East Cesar Chavez for breakfast tacos. El Patio on Guadalupe for enchiladas. Dos Batos on Anderson Lane for some damn good wood fired tacos. Guero's has some good food as well, plus it's on South Congress....great place to check out some bands and people watch on a Friday or Saturday night.

Speaking of South Congress, Home Slice Pizza has some great NY Style pies. But for real authentic pizza have them head to Dom's Pizza in Cedar Park. Pizza and calzones are the best in Texas!

There's also some great trailer food in downtown Austin as well.

PUMPKINHEAD
09-23-2012, 9:19 PM
Hey fellas, figured I put up my intro on here as well

Long time lurker of this site. I'm on the JJ ( I know, I know....) and the HAMB (same member ID) and figured it's time to sign up here. Owned many different bikes over the years, from a '64 Triumph Chopper, Ducati, Honda and Sportsters. Here's a pic of my current bike. Got it this way, so don't give me any sh!t about the paint. :p 21" laced wheel, grips, new tank and rear fender as well as paint is in the works. Buddy of mine (Pinnacle Refinish - eyesikk on the HAMB) who lives/works outside of Dallas is an amazing custom painter will be putting the magic touch on the new tins.....I'll post a thread when they are done.

Definately going to be at the Day of the Drags either on bike or in the '60 F100.

Hoping to make it out to the EDR showing too.

Nosebleed
09-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Hey fellas, figured I put up my intro on here as well

Definately going to be at the Day of the Drags either on bike or in the '60 F100.

Hoping to make it out to the EDR showing too.

Hey, welcome aboard, Pumpkin. Don't know what your plans are for DOTD but you should come out and meet up with us on Saturday morning to ride up there. Check out the event listing or PM me for info. We love DOTD and can't wait for this year's party. Less than 2 weeks to go!

See you soon,
Nose

Nosebleed
09-24-2012, 10:56 AM
So, those of you who attended this year's "Psycho de Mayo Run 2" (PMR2) back in May probably remember that our generous friends at Biltwell donated some cool swag and parts that we handed out. Our buddy Donal (Introublenow on CC) won the excellent green flake Biltwell novelty helmet and my pal SuperP from the Detroit, MI area agreed to do some custom paint and or leaf work on it for the winner. Well, Donal has been super busy over the past few months, moved into a new house and such but he was finally able to get the lid shipped up to SuperP for a makeover. It was finished over the weekend; take a look!

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_event/1000/404/820.jpg

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_event/1000/404/821.jpg

Adding the reversed scallops in black really gives this lid some class. I dig it. If you are interested in having some custom pinstriping done on your tins, lid, toolbox, humidor or your wife, get in touch with SuperP here on CC.

Thx, Philly!

BolliverShagnasty
09-24-2012, 1:59 PM
Man, that lid looks fucking tight!

Nosebleed
09-24-2012, 2:04 PM
Haha, "Viven los Sucios de la Cincuenta y Dos!"

BolliverShagnasty
09-24-2012, 2:05 PM
I thought you might like that.