PDA

View Full Version : Dumb site question

ARBY
01-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Can someone explain the this "accumulating miles" thing. How do I know if I've accumulated any???

Thanks in advance.

ed
01-15-2010, 11:23 AM
you have 39 miles. everytime you post something new you get a mile. me posting about this just got me another mile.

ed
01-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Been on here from the beginning and only have 15 miles. Do a ton more looking and reading than posting. If we got miles for actual time spent on this site, I think I would have rolled over the counter.

originalrumrunner
01-15-2010, 11:31 AM
I wish they could somehow account for quality of postings, instead of someone just writing, "Fuckin' Fuck Yeah" and getting a point. Although I am a hypocrite because I just got a point for this dumb idea!

revmike
01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I wish they could somehow account for quality of postings, instead of someone just writing, "Fuckin' Fuck Yeah" and getting a point. Although I am a hypocrite because I just got a point for this dumb idea!
Yeah, excellent suggestion! LOL

revmike
01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
dont you get points for pictures as well? I'm sure SOMEONE would be interested in pictures of my spark plugs... all four of them.... individually...

wickedblockhead
01-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Fuckin Fuck Yeah!!! HA! milin it up baby!

ed
01-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Have to start the "give me a mile" thread.

Thats 1 more for me!!

Sawbones
01-15-2010, 12:51 PM
a lot of miles

Sawbones
01-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Also, I don't think anyone mentioned that you can use your miles to buy stuff in the ChopCult store.

TuffLuckTom
01-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah I think pics and stuff on your profile. Getting some even half a point for lurk time would really clean out the mileage store!! It is kinda neat to be rewarded for contributing (or cluttering up) a cool ass forum... Im really diggin the forum!

Sawbones
01-15-2010, 12:57 PM
originalrumrunner, how do you have over a thousand miles with only 46 posts, 12 friends, and no photos?

NHMike
01-15-2010, 1:17 PM
originalrumrunner, how do you have over a thousand miles with only 46 posts, 12 friends, and no photos?

Those posts are forum posts only I think. If you post comments on the blogs or photo dumps you get them as well.

Also, it's been mentioned by the powers that be, that doing alot of posts (like you did above) will actually get miles taken away, hahahaha.

I've gotten 2 sets of stickers (one of which I'm still waiting on) completely free cuz of miles. It's an awesome idea for a cool ass site!!!!!! I mean honestly, where else can you get free shit (COOL shit at that!!) for hanging around???

SHHHH, Don't tell them, but, I'd come here even if I didn't get free shit!! hahahahahahahaa

TatdGasser
01-15-2010, 1:45 PM
It's a lot of hard work coming up with retarded comments, so I don't post much.

steffan
01-15-2010, 2:09 PM
free shit or not I'm still coming here. I was really suprised at the quality on stuff in the store.

travasesino
01-15-2010, 2:14 PM
Yeah I think pics and stuff on your profile. Getting some even half a point for lurk time would really clean out the mileage store!! It is kinda neat to be rewarded for contributing (or cluttering up) a cool ass forum... Im really diggin the forum!

i liked it better last fall. now it seems to be morphing into one giant biltwell/lowbrow commercial. i've noticed that i hardley even participate on these boards anymore. also doesn't help that my friend got kicked off, but he did violate the forum rules speaking his mind. oh well, it's still a lil better than the JJ.

ridemore16
01-15-2010, 2:25 PM

I think he won the "How-To Thread" Contest a few weeks back. I have to disagree with the Biltwell/Lowbrow statement. Those companies have made a major contribution to this site and the scene in general. I prefer to support companies who give a rip about their customers (or at least act like they do!) I've been burned so many times by "custom builders" who couldn't care less about quality....and that's assuming I actually get the part I ordered from them in the first place.

just my .02 as they say...

TuffLuckTom
01-15-2010, 2:39 PM
i liked it better last fall. now it seems to be morphing into one giant biltwell/lowbrow commercial. i've noticed that i hardley even participate on these boards anymore. also doesn't help that my friend got kicked off, but he did violate the forum rules speaking his mind. oh well, it's still a lil better than the JJ.

Man ripping on those company's is really lame. Those guys come from the same place we do and their parts line, websites and company images reflect it. But I guess if you want you can support J&P or Drag instead... Maybe you want to talk some smack on Hippy Killer, Chopper Dave, and Dennis Goodson cause they turn out killer parts next? I congratulate those guys on their success! I remember distinctly when Lowbow only sold some stickers and a few t shirts and look at them now. Good for them I say. And Biltwell turn out some bomb proof stuff that is worth every dime! And I cant help but wonder if their banners and advertising might not help make this board possible...

revmike
01-15-2010, 2:51 PM
I think you are more than safe in assuming Biltwell and Lowbrow make the site possible. You could even take the word 'possible' off that sentence....

While there is plenty of advertising, which makes the board worthwhile to sponsor and spend time on, it is what we users make of it. McGoo and Bill have said that many times. To me the difference between this and JJ is that THIS is a board which the users can pretty well run, with some loose structuring, where as JJ is the property of one person and he runs it the way he sees fit. Both places attract plenty of good users with lots of great ideas and talent.

I don't begrudge anyone making money from this board and I am pretty happy with the amount of leeway and the sense of comraderie here. At least you can say JAPANESE without having your post pulled.

~Rev Mike

wickedblockhead
01-15-2010, 2:52 PM
well im sure this site costs money to maintain, and we dont pay nuthin for it. i hadnt felt like it was a commercial at all. i do see alot of good info pass through here. i would have never tried to make my own seat or paint a lid for my OL or attempt a tailight or..... if not for the how-tos. the miles are just bonuses.

Tyler
01-15-2010, 2:55 PM

Yeah sorry man, we over here at Lowbrow are totally being a pain in the ass paying our hard earned cash for advertising that pays for this board to be run. You want companies to be able to produce parts and provide services they need to make a living, and things like advertising helps spread the word.

Tyler

NITRO
01-15-2010, 2:57 PM
I think you are more than safe in assuming Biltwell and Lowbrow make the site possible. You could even take the word 'possible' off that sentence....

While there is plenty of advertising, which makes the board worthwhile to sponsor and spend time on, it is what we users make of it. McGoo and Bill have said that many times. To me the difference between this and JJ is that THIS is a board which the users can pretty well run, with some loose structuring, where as JJ is the property of one person and he runs it the way he sees fit. Both places attract plenty of good users with lots of great ideas and talent.

I don't begrudge anyone making money from this board and I am pretty happy with the amount of leeway and the sense of comraderie here. At least you can say JAPANESE without having your post pulled.

~Rev Mike

Whhooooaaa Rev!! The "J" word? hahaha

travasesino
01-15-2010, 3:04 PM
Man ripping on those company's is really lame. Those guys come from the same place we do and their parts line, websites and company images reflect it. But I guess if you want you can support J&P or Drag instead... Maybe you want to talk some smack on Hippy Killer, Chopper Dave, and Dennis Goodson cause they turn out killer parts next? I congratulate those guys on their success! I remember distinctly when Lowbow only sold some stickers and a few t shirts and look at them now. Good for them I say. And Biltwell turn out some bomb proof stuff that is worth every dime! And I cant help but wonder if their banners and advertising might not help make this board possible...

lame - YOU
lame - having a 3rd grade comprehension level.

READ then RE-READ my post. never did i say ANYTHING negative about either company. it's the people with low IQ's that have joined this board and are ruining the cool factor it used to possess. you are the kind of narrow-minded "i'll assume whatever i want" kind of moron that makes me quit reading posts.

framus
01-15-2010, 3:10 PM
Yeah sorry man, we over here at Lowbrow are totally being a pain in the ass paying our hard earned cash for advertising that pays for this board to be run. You want companies to be able to produce parts and provide services they need to make a living, and things like advertising helps spread the word.

Tyler

I knew it!

Anyway, all message boards take time, money and effort to run (I run several myself, it's no cake walk). It's very rare that you get a group of people together willing to toss out freebies while letting you into every facet of their shops/businesses like this site does.

travasesino
01-15-2010, 3:15 PM
i totally agree, just to bad certain shitheads make it more of a challenge to enjoy sometimes.

oh well, to each his own, i suppose.

/t

ridemore16
01-15-2010, 3:15 PM
lame - YOU
lame - having a 3rd grade comprehension level.

READ then RE-READ my post. never did i say ANYTHING negative about either company. it's the people with low IQ's that have joined this board and are ruining the cool factor it used to possess. you are the kind of narrow-minded "i'll assume whatever i want" kind of moron that makes me quit reading posts.

easy big fella! you were the one that made the comment. now it sounds like you're trying to back pedal by bashing someone who calls you out on it. I agree with what you said, maybe you ARE to cool for this board. you might be better off somewhere else.

any time someone is concerned with "cool factor" it reminds me of the kids in high school who quit listening to bands they liked when they get some sort of success.

travasesino
01-15-2010, 3:19 PM
that was me =)

DirtFloorJim
01-15-2010, 3:19 PM
Without the vendors that support this site this place would probably be just like any other forum out there. From my short time on CC I can tell that these guys (vendors) truly support the lifestyle we all enjoy. I will continue to buy from them because it helps us (CC) to help them. I just racked up another mile!

wickedblockhead
01-15-2010, 3:20 PM
oo i hate tension

TuffLuckTom
01-15-2010, 3:23 PM
Long deep breath guys. After all its only the internet...

NITRO
01-15-2010, 3:32 PM
Yeah Tom? Well MY internet is cooler than YOUR internet. hahaha

TuffLuckTom
01-15-2010, 3:43 PM
Pfft hah, If your interneting ever takes place on a phone then your right and it is much cooler than mine!

logi
01-15-2010, 3:50 PM
Advertising is everywhere and it's not going away anytime soon ... not even on kickass moto forums. I'd have to say thanks to those companies spending the money to advertise on here and keep this going ... and I realize it's not cheap.

hugodv01
Is this correct???

1 post = 1 mile???

If so I have 90 miles. However store tells me I have 0 miles.

hugodv01
correction 91 miles.

92 with this post.

billdozer
01-15-2010, 3:57 PM
We do our best. The miles accumulate slowly no matter what you do so gaming doesn't really work.

Travis your friend is the only guy to be kicked off the site and I did it becuase he came in here immediately bad mouthing the site and members. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but that doesn't mean we all have to listen to it. It's the Internet, don't take it so serious. Arguing or piling on about it is a waste of time and energy.

billdozer
01-15-2010, 4:01 PM
Is this correct???

1 post = 1 mile???

If so I have 90 miles. However store tells me I have 0 miles.

Note the word "subtotal" before the 0 miles. It just means your cart is empty.

framus
01-15-2010, 4:20 PM
Long deep breath guys. After all its only the internet...

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/9989/original/internet_serious_business.jpg

I had to...ha!

travasesino
01-15-2010, 6:49 PM
We do our best. The miles accumulate slowly no matter what you do so gaming doesn't really work.

Travis your friend is the only guy to be kicked off the site and I did it becuase he came in here immediately bad mouthing the site and members. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but that doesn't mean we all have to listen to it. It's the Internet, don't take it so serious. Arguing or piling on about it is a waste of time and energy.

yeah, i hear you. i and he both know that he was booted for legit reasons.

i just hate the whole drama game. i make a generalized statement about how the point of veiw is seeming to shift on this site and come under attack by said people who mis-interpret what i am saying. before bellying up to defend you favorite company, please read AND try to understand my comment (which was about the forum, not the site)

revmike
01-15-2010, 8:11 PM
yeah, i hear you. i and he both know that he was booted for legit reasons.

i just hate the whole drama game. i make a generalized statement about how the point of veiw is seeming to shift on this site and come under attack by said people who mis-interpret what i am saying. before bellying up to defend you favorite company, please read AND try to understand my comment (which was about the forum, not the site)
When my FAVOURITE company -- the James B. Beam Distilling Co., Clermont, KY -- starts advertising on this board and giving away free shit, it really WILL be kick ass, AND COOL!!!

~Rev

Sawbones
01-15-2010, 8:21 PM
http://drunkenachura.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/internet-serious-business.jpg