PDA

View Full Version : Relief for Haiti

corydjarman
01-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Neither chop relevant nor reminiscent of our natures as hard asses, but anything helps for the Caribbean nation that is no less than a $60 puddle jump jet ride from Miami. I spent some time there and in the Dominican Republic and have lived in the buildings that have fallen and can say that they would topple like a jenga tower. And so they have.

I hope dearly that my friends there are safe but have heard no news from them since the earthquake. The Haitian people need help: I think all of us realize that there comes a time when Humanitarian aid is worthwhile and not just a commercial for cleft palate children in Nigeria (not that they don't deserve help either, im just saying).

So as unofficial spokesman side by side with Wyclef, I commend all that can offer help in the form of a donation as little as $5 to do so:

"Either you can use your cell phone to text “Yele” to 501501, which will automatically donate $5 to the Yele Haiti Earthquake Fund (it will be charged to your cell phone bill), or you can click here http://www.yele.org to DONATE." Wyclef Jean.

Thanks everyone for viewing and for any possible donations.

ARBY
01-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I say that when a country has a disaster and needs help, we send them matching funds that they contributed to us when we needed help - like during Katrina or after 9/11. Seems fair, right? I for one am tired of my tax dollars that are obviously needed here being sent to help countries that either hate us or that have nothing positive to offer the world as a whole.

If your country is on board with our ideals then great. We'll send ya some blankets or something. But if you are a non-industrialized nation that can't build anything taller than one story, if all you do is kill our citizens when we go there, if you send us your undesirable illegals, if you smuggle drugs here to sell of if people from your region have committed terrorist acts against us then screw you. Deal with your own problems like we have to.

Jashole
01-16-2010, 6:47 PM
in america we are suppose to be the best. everything that happens to the world is our business. we want the biggest guns. the smartest people. we want to be number 1 in everything. if theres a war that has nothing to do with us, were in it.

66triumph
01-17-2010, 9:19 PM
great reply ARBY, couldn't agree more...

-A.

jonnyrtn
01-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Gonna sound like an ass... but a dude I do not agree with has already sent my brothers in green over there... and he has sent my tax green over there too... and they are still rioting and looting... guess we should just send some "how to build a house for dummies" to em. I went through a tornado in my teens, boiled well water, cooked all the food that would spoil until the power went on (4 days). then we put our house back together (tarps on roof, trees off house and cars) and cleaned our own crap up.... Then went and used our chainsaws to help out our neighbors and put our community back together, no national guard, no FEMA trailers, no air drops of supplies, dad never applied for free money... ever. These people are shooting at helicopters and breaking into food storage areas...... What is a bunch of money gonna do for em? ... it will make a few corrupt drug dealers rich and the masses will continue to make babies and wait on aid. Third world countries are third world because they choose to be, money aint gonna help.

tattoodup12
01-20-2010, 3:30 PM
fak haiti man...we are in a recession...RECESSION! if you pockets are deep enough by all means help others before we help ourselves it sounds selfish but im losing my house now for about 9months (aka 9 months of a mokney on my back) not cuz im a bum because i work union and we do get laid off.

keep your money where it belongs...in the god damned USA no ones lining up to form the "leon (me) went through a finacial shit-storm fund". bail me out! im sure im not the only CC in this boat....i say til all our problems here are fixed let someone else worry about em.

ditto
01-20-2010, 3:49 PM
i cant say fuck haiti- i genuinely feel bad for their situation. But I can say fuck all the americans more willing to donate to 3rd fuckign world countries than to help their fellow countrymen. I agree with tatdup12 - our own situation is dire - why the fuck would you help someone else at this time?!?!?!?

Try this on:
as of a few days ago, the $$ amount donated to Haiti by texting via cell phone exceeded 22 million dollars - somehow some genius has made it easy for us lazy americans to give our money and we bit hook line and sinker.

First off, how the hell can we afford to do this, but more importantly, if we can afford to do this, Why isnt it this easy to donate to our own people in need (like tattoodup12 for example) Not that he is looking for a hand out - but by fuck sake id much sooner fork over 10 bucks to a fellow american in need than to a country that would just as soon see America crumble.

hugodv01
01-20-2010, 8:02 PM
[QUOTE=ditto;33571]" i cant say fuck haiti- i genuinely feel bad for their situation. But I can say fuck all the americans more willing to donate to 3rd fuckign world countries than to help their fellow countrymen."

"but by fuck sake id much sooner fork over 10 bucks to a fellow american in need than to a country that would just as soon see America crumble."/QUOTE]

Agree and Agree.