PDA

View Full Version : sharin the excitement!!! kawasaki 500cc 2 stroke

4horsemen20
01-13-2010, 6:30 AM
talkin to a guy at work tonite (overnites 10-6) about bikes just like every nite. he drag races metric bikes. i think right now he's runnin some 1800cc beast or something ridiculous. ha ha. anyway, he has been talkin about selling me a 77 kz 650 for $400. but tonite the conversation turned to a 2 stroke kawasaki he had a couple years back that he turned into a drag bike. after two races he ended up selling it cuz he said he just couldnt hold on to it. then i told him that i was at my parents house over the weekend talkin to my dad about my xs build. and he said if i ever come in contact with someone gettin rid of an old two stroke kawi to snatch that shit up!!!! so my co worker turns and says that when he bought the drag bike kawi he bought a pair, and the 500cc (h1 i believe????) is still in his garage!!! he said i should come over and take a look before we negotiate a price...... and he has a basement full of kawasaki 2 stroke parts..... among other bikes. whithin the next couple of days i will post some more shit about this. sorry if i seem too excited. but the best you can find around this neck of the woods are overpriced HDs and rusted out veragos. i call this a "diamond in the rough" .

on that note....

LETS SEE SOME PICS OF THOSE 2 STROKE SCOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if ya dont mind.

adam

ak70swb
01-13-2010, 12:29 PM
cool man! looking forward to seeing and hearing about what you find out!!

Jashole
01-13-2010, 12:55 PM
why cant i find a deal like that...

3rdGear
01-13-2010, 1:51 PM
I know right

earz
01-13-2010, 4:16 PM
My father-in-law bought a 1970 Kawi H1 Mach3 brand new. He said he sold it shortly after beacause it was scary fast. He talked about it lofting the front wheel at 70-80 MPH!

There was one on craigslist in my area not too long ago. It was very rough and had no title. I called about it an hour after it was posted and it was already sold. But for $125 who would pass that up. I found out I know the guy that was selling it (long story) and he said he thinks he knows where a few more are. I may end up with one of these yet.

Flarris
01-13-2010, 5:08 PM
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv34/Flarris/th_KwakaH2.jpg

heres one I did earlier use to be my daily ride H2

4horsemen20
01-13-2010, 6:32 PM
yeah, my dads and my uncle used to race hodaka'a my dad had a super rat and my uncle a combat wombat. my grandpa used to drag race his 57 chevy, and when my dad was old enought to drive he dragged his 70 chevelle ss with a bored 454 big block. but he said they got a hold of one of the 2 stroke kawasakis once. and him, his brother and my grandpa all just stood around her each of them daring the other to ride it. my dad hopped on it and took it for a spin around the block. they sold it the next day to a friend. said it was a little much. "a little much" for a drag racing family!!!!!! of course i want to get on one!!!! ha ha ha. i dont really care what shape its in as long as the price is right. to me it will be worth the time and cash. i will know more tomorrow. i will see him at work in a couple of hours.

philbey
01-13-2010, 9:23 PM
Talking to a mates dad who rode one of the 750cc two stroke triples once and said it nearly killed him and he never rode it again. He had that look of fear in his eyes you get when reliving a nasty experience.

Flarris
01-13-2010, 9:51 PM
You cant beat the big two stokes for a bit of fun, you just gotta treat them with a little respect, get over the fact that they will and can bite and go for it. Bracing the frame,forks swing arm and everything else which bends and twist, strip all the crap of em, and hang on.

eightthirtysixcc
01-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the club! fun bikes to have, if you already have a daily.
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/1000/668/4708.jpg

4horsemen20
01-14-2010, 6:34 AM
went over and saw it this mornin after work. took it for a spin around the block a couple of times and attempted to open her up on main. the bike scared the shit out of me..... which in other words.. gave me a hard on. the old man took it for a ride as well. thats when he decided to keep it!!! fuckin bummer, but i dont blame him one bit. he's gonna keep his eye out for one and so am i... if we cant find one he suggested puttin one together between ebay and the plethera of 2 stroke kawasaki parts in his basement and garage ( which looks like its about 2 and a half bikes worth!!!!). definatly hooked now. project "widowmaker" is next on the list after the XS!!!!!!

bigdaddy
01-14-2010, 9:16 PM
i got this rd350 for free. my buddy was gonna cafe it, but he decided against it. i asked how much, and he told me free, as long as i get it out of the garage. it will be chopped. no question about it. i just picked up an extra frame for 25 bucks and i'm gonna send it out to be chopped and hardtailed. then i'll slowly trade/ move everything over to the new frame. probably gonna do away with the oil injection system. just premix and ride. i'm thinking that i might run a 21 inch dirtbike wheel on the front, and i've got half of a kz750 twin sitting in the garage. probably gonna steal the back tire off of that, but only because the stock rear looks like a bike tire. i love skinny, but that's ridiculous.

steffan
01-15-2010, 12:30 AM
dude im totally kicking my ass for giving away a hodaka road toad years ago! 2 strokes forever!