PDA

View Full Version : finished for now, here she is, what do you think

Trevor04
07-28-2012, 2:12 PM
so this is my budget bike build, 1970 t120r 650. dual disk narrow glide front end with a 5.5 inch headlight, Z bars and 4 inch risers. sporty tank, i have a pazon sure fire ign, and an eagle single dual lead coil. king queen seat ( which im prolly gonna go solo seat and springs in a few weeks), 16 inch rear wheel and a big old school sissy bar.

starwolf
07-28-2012, 3:01 PM
I like it, but is that a bolt on hard tail that has been welded on ? What happened to your exhaust wrap ? I also don't think that seat is "classified" as a K&Q, (at least not in my mind) all that aside, I'm digin it.

Trevor04
07-28-2012, 4:02 PM
im not srue about the hardtail, the guy i bought it from but it on there in the late 70s im guessing its a bolt on that someone stick welded on, cause the welds are pretty nasty,( im planning on cutting it off and starting from scratch in acouple years. and it might not be exactly a k&q seat but its close and i didnt know how else to describe it. and for the wrap, i didnt want to do the entire pipe but i like the look of it so i just did that front section which i dont think it looks all that bad. and the gap in the wrap is from wrapping around the bracket tab on the pipe. Your getting all technical on me,

signal9
07-28-2012, 7:27 PM
Looks like a lot of fun. Have you had it out yet? Are you going to run those carbs open like that, or add a screen or cones?

Very cool.

starwolf
07-28-2012, 8:56 PM
yeah that gap in the wrap was what I was seeing, and it was throwing my eye off. I don't think I have ever seen a bracket there on Triumph pipes before. It appears your missing the heat sink exhaust clamps, up top, I'm guessing that's why there is a bracket there. I'm not really trying to "get all technical" on you, you asked what I thought. I know you don't know me, or what I'm like, but I'm usually pretty laid back, though sarcastic. (I enjoy razzing folks sometimes, it's really meant in good fun) If you ask what I think, I don't sugar coat shit, I tell you how I feel, my (brutally) honest opinion, don't take that the wrong way, I'm not knockin your shit at all, mine is just about as rough, (3 yrs & still not on the road) With that said, I still think its a bitchin little scoot , that you'll have alota fuckin fun on !
:cheersmate:

Trevor04
07-29-2012, 8:37 AM
i took it out yesterday and it went well , i have stacks and cone filters, the cones are on it now and they look good so i will prolly stick with them. i still have a little adjusting to do but all in all im happy with it. and i think it looks cool. i havnt seen any other triumphs that look like this in my area. its not a masterpiece but it will do for now.

RetroRob
07-29-2012, 9:50 AM
Nice job, good to see another Triumph on the road :cheersmate:

HotSnotRocket
07-29-2012, 9:57 AM
I like it.

Good job.

Trevor04
07-29-2012, 6:35 PM
so i took the bike out for a little ride today and it was spitting alot of oil out of the breather and i think oil was spitting out of the 4 main head bolts and possibly the spark plug hole. by the end of the ride the head was very hot and it was smoking cause the thin layer of oil from oil coming out of the plug holes and or 4 bolts. i have clear hose going from the oil tank to the rocker boxes and the oil was getting pushed threw like it should. could this just be from having to much oil in the oil tank. i tightened the spark plugs up abit but havnt taked it out again to see if i can tell a difference.

killtheking
07-29-2012, 6:38 PM
i dig it, dude

Bobber68
08-10-2012, 9:44 AM
Howe'd you get those skinny ass handle bars to stay in those risers.. They look like Harley Risers , If so they're for a set of 1"inch bars.. I could be wrong.. Looks good though..

Trevor04
08-11-2012, 4:01 PM
handle bar shims, they work great.

Bobber68
08-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Looks good.