PDA

View Full Version : Front end

lfdiaff
07-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Have any of you guys done anything cool with the fork setup on old triumphs. My front end is rougher then fuck. I completly went through my forks on my 73 bonneville cause the seals were shot and the fuckers are leaking again and ride horrible. I have a leaf spring which rides like a rigid in the back and i think the back rides better. My fork tubes were kinda gamble with little pits and scratches and I lost. The seal on one is pouring all over my leg. Looking for some advice should I get new tubes and go through them again? Will progressive springs help i only weight about 170 and i cut alot of weight of the old girl. Could this be why it rides like a shit spreader. I kinda like the inverted fork look but have no idea where to start and dont own a machine shop to build shit. Any help would be great or my dentist will be loosing all his handy work.

dazegoneby
07-25-2012, 11:59 AM
if they are leaking that bad ,,get new tubes,,, replaceing seals on worn tubes is wasting your time besides if they arent holding fluids, yes they will ride like crap,,new tubes, new seals, progressive springs, will help , you could try thicker oil, or thinner oil in forks, till you get the ride you want

Bobber68
08-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I have a complete Triumph front end for sale if you need it..Here's a picture.

RetroRob
08-04-2012, 6:58 PM
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/3180033601.html

forrestcannon
08-05-2012, 3:39 PM
Just throw a sprniger on it,lol

lfdiaff
08-06-2012, 8:58 AM
Thats what ive been thinking about. Springers look bad ass but they are so damn expensive.