PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming, Colorado and Montana - need advice on riding ....

fiftyeightpanhead
07-23-2012, 8:31 PM
Hey everyone, I am going to be out in CO, WY for a short trip. Need advice on short trips around Denver. Has any one taken rt 89 N through Tetons and Yellowstone? I can read google etc ... and get "web info". Need someone who lives there or who has been there, to give me insiders advice . PM me and I will call. thanks Panhead Dave

rustrocket84
07-23-2012, 9:55 PM
89 is awesome. Watch out for wildlife and tourists stopping partway and all the way in the road to look at elk and moose. If you go and want a good breakfast The Virginia House in Jackson, Wy is awesome. Acton, Wyoming has crappy food. Also Traveling through the National Parks is slow, but super scenic. Save yourself the money and buy an National Park Annual Pass. Gardener, MT is a cool old town. For cheapest camping find some of the National Forest Campgrounds. Usually about 10 to 15 a night and they'll have showers decent shitters.

rustrocket84
07-23-2012, 9:55 PM
Should have said if you can take 89 through Utah, and Idaho around the Bear Lake area.

BadMonkeyMW
07-24-2012, 7:09 AM
89 is a great road. It's a bit farther north, but if you can make it up to Glacier Nat'l Park it is well worth the ride. The most beautiful National Park I've ridden through. You can't go too wrong anywhere up there. Try to hit either the Beartooth Pass or the Chief Joseph Scenic Hwy. on the east side of Yellowstone too, great roads that peak up near 10,000 feet.