PDA

View Full Version : Modern Triumph TT exhaust

NITRO
01-08-2010, 3:32 PM
I see a company out the called Specialty Spares making TT pipes for modern Bonnevilles and talked to the owner. Anyone run these personally? Any feedback on them?

I have an 06 T100 now with a BUB exhaust and I am wondering with such a free flow system, whats the difference if I run just the headers open as opposed to the specialty spares TT's that are basically just headers that start at 1.5" and step to 1.75". They don't appear to have baffles or anything. Any feedback? Preferably real world!

OutlawPaul
01-15-2010, 12:07 PM
i was thinking about the TT's too...i believe they have small baffles inside the pipes and also hear that the newer bonne's run better with a little back pressure so running free flow is not really recommended, so i've heard...

image1
01-15-2010, 1:15 PM
is that EFI kyle? 'they say' that you want a little back pressure with the EFI systems, but i think you could make a small baffle to run in said open pipes, and staying at 1.5 diameter will prolly help a bit with the whole deal.

NITRO
01-15-2010, 2:00 PM
No way EFI!! Thats the devil. Pre 07 still did it the old fashioned way.

image1
01-15-2010, 2:35 PM
oh right on, well you should be fine with a simple rejet if you go to the open pipes

Isgro
01-25-2010, 2:38 PM
No first hand experience, but from what I've been told you gain some power down low, but lose it at the top. They're loud, so that's good.